Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New wheels - with pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,011 Likes on 1,778 Posts

@RAudi Driver they're made in China using 6061 aluminum.

Last edited by Wilder; 03-22-2023 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-22-2023, 04:51 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 528 Likes on 286 Posts

Good luck - those wheels look a lot like OEM RS wheels. Reps look good.
Old 03-22-2023, 04:54 PM
Burren
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 258 Posts

You're better off doing the 5 lug conversion.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:04 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JG 996T
Thank you. Agree, they are the nicest RE-MTSP-like wheel I've seen. Superior design to Apex and BC Forged IMO.

Originally Posted by Burren
You're better off doing the 5 lug conversion.
It's all a slippery slope. Haha! You're not wrong and the fact that they already make the wheels for five lug may be the push I need to get it done. Thank you.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:10 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 964 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by avid
From their website: https://titan-7.com/pages/f-a-q

The key to Titan 7 Forged Wheels is that we make all of our wheels in house. Everything from design, tooling, forging, machining, heat treatment, surface finishing, and testing is all done in house. Very few Forged wheel companies can make this claim. This means you get complete quality, performance control, and efficiency. Most wheels that are sold in the marketplace change through many hands. For example, you will have a factory ship to a broker > which is then shipped overseas to an importer > which is purchased by a distributor > then to a shop > then to the consumer. We ship to you factory direct and offer a technically superior wheel to many of the other Forged wheel companies while priced for less. A win win situation.

It would be inconvenient for you to mention that a major reason the wheels you sell cost 2x or 3x more is because you as a dealer, along with other middlemen need to mark them up. Nothing wrong with that, but call things as they are. Frankly, I find it in poor taste for you to come to my thread where I'm looking for four others to purchase these wheels in order to meet the minimum quota to have them made and make disparaging suggestions. Titan7 along with OZ, Apex, BC Forged, and others, are used on track because they are light, strong and cost under $4k. That says more about the quality of the wheels than your suggestion that they are of poor quality materials, poorly engineered, or poorly manufactured.
It would be inconvenient if it were true, however that is not the process of how wheels reach customer hands lol. I'll use ANRKY Wheels for this example to explain to you the real process. ANRKY does not sell directly to customers. They focus on manufacturing their product. They rely on a dealer network to sell these products to the customer. They have set prices that dealers use and follow strictly. Dealers do not mark up these prices. This is not exclusive to ANRKY either. The majority of major wheel brands like HRE, AL13, Vorsteiner, Forgiato, etc. use this model as too. So in reality, the process is Manufacturer > dealer > customer. That's a very simple chain for you to follow as it's the same with buying a Porsche. Porsche in Germany > your chosen Porsche dealer > you.

You're entitled to your opinion as to why those wheels are used on track. I don't doubt that they can be durable enough or light enough to a certain person. But the truth of the matter is that those wheels are used on track because they are cheap and disposable and it won't break the bank to replace them.

And I do genuine apologize for chiming in on this thread. I honestly did not see that you were trying to get a minimum number of orders made for the wheels and had I seen that, I would have messaged the user that I was responding to privately. If you'd like to message me to discuss this further through private messaging then please do so. Once again I am sorry.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
The following 7 users liked this post by WheelsB:
Breakthru (03-29-2024), Finlander (03-22-2023), LCCHOU (03-24-2023), MGT3 (03-22-2023), RAudi Driver (03-22-2023), Steve Theodore (04-03-2024), SupremePower (03-22-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-22-2023, 07:35 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,905 Likes on 1,720 Posts

Originally Posted by JG 996T
not OEM but BBS Motorsports.
The following users liked this post:
Wilder (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 08:49 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

@WheelsB no need David, and thank you for the apology. Take this as observation: I don't know how you referring to wheels commonly used by track guys as "disposable" is helping you. It comes across as arrogant or naive. Barring an accident, OZ, Apex, CCW etc wheels don't damage from prolonged track use any more than BBS, Forgeline or HRE. Also, not sure how 20-21 lbs F and 22-23 lbs R for my car is "light enough for some people" when most of the wheels you sell for 2x or 3x the price are in that range. The right answer David, is that there are those who spend $600 for an Apple iWatch and there are those who spend $25k on a Rolex and there are even those who buy both. As a marketing dude, putting down the iWatch to justify the cost of a Rolex is not the right play.
point2point (03-23-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 09:40 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 555 Posts

Another possibility would be Fikse, but if you have your heart set on a particular style these probably won’t help.
Wilder (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 10:39 PM
prl
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts

The company I work for has sold hundreds of sets of titan 7 wheels…. Specifically all track guys with type r’s. They’re great wheels for a great price, they also focused on dtc so margin for vendors is horrible. That said, I have titan seven wheels on my Tesla. The company I work for is also having titan 7 make us a custom proprietary wheel. I have personally put a set of there forged wheels through the wringer for a season 5k track miles dozens of tires…. The only thing I did was stain them from the iron brakes.

I'm in for a set.
Wilder (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 10:42 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by prl
The company I work for has sold hundreds of sets of titan 7 wheels…. Specifically all track guys with type r’s. They’re great wheels for a great price, they also focused on dtc so margin for vendors is horrible. That said, I have titan seven wheels on my Tesla. The company I work for is also having titan 7 make us a custom proprietary wheel. I have personally put a set of there forged wheels through the wringer for a season 5k track miles dozens of tires…. The only thing I did was stain them from the iron brakes.

I'm in for a set.

I'll DM you.
Old 03-22-2023, 10:59 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marv
Another possibility would be Fikse, but if you have your heart set on a particular style these probably won’t help.
Thanks Marv. I'm really set on these wheels because I exclusively want this design and because they seem to hit the trifecta of design, quality, and price in a way that no other brand I've seen has. Most importantly, they are the only company willing to make a wheel that otherwise doesn't exist for the .2 GT3. Even the .same wheel for the 1 is 11" in the rear, which makes it a deal killer.

Last edited by Wilder; 03-22-2023 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:10 PM
sirringo
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Just wondering how in the world they are able to sell a fully forged set of wheels for under $3,000.
Because price discrimination, brand, exclusivity, and the perception of quality and price being perfectly correlated all exist. The same reasons one can spend $5k, $50k, or $500k for a Swiss chronometer that all perform the same.

Titan 7 is the main sponsor for one of the most active track day groups around here. I have seen a lot of them on track / tracked cars, and I have never heard of issues.

These are a terrific deal for track-proven wheels.
The following 2 users liked this post by sirringo:
prl (03-22-2023), Wilder (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 11:35 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sirringo
Because price discrimination, brand, exclusivity, and the perception of quality and price being perfectly correlated all exist. The same reasons one can spend $5k, $50k, or $500k for a Swiss chronometer that all perform the same.

Titan 7 is the main sponsor for one of the most active track day groups around here. I have seen a lot of them on track / tracked cars, and I have never heard of issues.

These are a terrific deal for track-proven wheels.
They truly are. I was surprised that all they asked for was 5 orders at $3k/ea in order to engineer a new wheel. BC Forged was going to charge me ,$4,500 for the same wheel, which I was happy to pay. Ultimately they thought it might be too challenging and they declined the project.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:40 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 491 Posts

I would be in if they could be made in 18s, but I gather that’s not the proposition.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:49 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jreifler
I would be in if they could be made in 18s, but I gather that’s not the proposition.
19s only. Better tire selection from what I've researched.

Quick Reply: New wheels - with pics