Helmet Box

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2023, 06:16 AM
GT3_Toby
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Helmet Box

Morning all,

New member here, living in Munich and when time allows enjoying my 997.2 GT3 (off and on tracks).

If I may I wanted to ask a simple questions - and as my car is currently in hibernation 600km away from my home I can't check it out myself so I was wondering if anyone could help out? Anyone happen to own or know, if this helmet box fits into the "frunk"? I tried to find the dimensions of the frunk and found someone stating that it's 69cm wide which would be 1cm too small for the box. Can anyone confirm this?

Or alternatively, does anyone have other ideas how to ideally store a helmet in the car for non-track day usage? (of course not taking it but I want to be flexible in that regard and have it properly stored in the car when driving without helmet).

Thanks all and happy new year!

Cheers,
T
Old 01-05-2023, 11:36 AM
LFTOFFOVRSTR
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Definitely not, Those are for Sedans and Hatches, Maybe a Corvette. but they are really big. I have one in my E36 Track car. and its pretty big.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:47 AM
Juha Pussinen
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Helhet box..yes fits i think

Originally Posted by GT3_Toby
Morning all,

New member here, living in Munich and when time allows enjoying my 997.2 GT3 (off and on tracks).

If I may I wanted to ask a simple questions - and as my car is currently in hibernation 600km away from my home I can't check it out myself so I was wondering if anyone could help out? Anyone happen to own or know, if this helmet box fits into the "frunk"? I tried to find the dimensions of the frunk and found someone stating that it's 69cm wide which would be 1cm too small for the box. Can anyone confirm this?

Or alternatively, does anyone have other ideas how to ideally store a helmet in the car for non-track day usage? (of course not taking it but I want to be flexible in that regard and have it properly stored in the car when driving without helmet).

Thanks all and happy new year!

Cheers,
T
Hi, I just measure in 997.1 GT3 and ur right is aroud 70cm widht but i think this box is little flexiable so its fit.

Br.Juha P,Hessen
The following users liked this post:
GT3_Toby (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 05:33 AM
GT3_Toby
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LFTOFFOVRSTR
Definitely not, Those are for Sedans and Hatches, Maybe a Corvette. but they are really big. I have one in my E36 Track car. and its pretty big.
Thanks! Any alternatives you can recommend @LFTOFFOVRSTR ?
Old 01-09-2023, 07:49 PM
saxonite
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

For helmet storage in the front of my 997.1 C2S is use this, Moto-D Helmet Case Bag. https://www.motosport.com/motod-helm...000M-X001-Y001
It's a soft shell case that offers enough protection in the frunk going to and from track events. Usually that and my gear bag provides enough support to keep things in place.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:33 AM
GT3_Toby
Intermediate

Originally Posted by saxonite
For helmet storage in the front of my 997.1 C2S is use this, Moto-D Helmet Case Bag. https://www.motosport.com/motod-helm...000M-X001-Y001
It's a soft shell case that offers enough protection in the frunk going to and from track events. Usually that and my gear bag provides enough support to keep things in place.
sry, can't open the link. would you mind re-posting please? Thanks!
Old 01-14-2023, 10:49 PM
saxonite
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3_Toby
sry, can't open the link. would you mind re-posting please? Thanks!
https://www.motosport.com/motod-helm...&commsource=al
The following users liked this post:
GT3_Toby (01-15-2023)

Quick Reply: Helmet Box