Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Pebbles/rocks and PCCB

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 12:27 AM
V-TT
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Pebbles/rocks and PCCB

In the last year of ownership, I’ve had numerous instances where pebbles got stuck at the top of the brake pad and wedged itself between the pad and rotor. When I take the caliper off, I usually find a ton of pebbles between the pad and caliper too, which effectively prevents the pads from retracting. And lastly, I’ve had a rock get stuck in the dust shield.

I’ve been driving the same suburban roads last 20 yrs, never had this issue with any car, anywhere - but this 997 with PCCBs, I’ve had 7-8 instances in the last year alone. Never any damage but I’m getting tired of listening for the brakes and removing them regularly.

What gives? Any one else had this “stupid” issue with PCCB?
Old 08-04-2022, 09:45 AM
GlenGT3
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 155 Posts

Are you getting this just in the back or front as well? In the back, you could remove the air ducts that dangle under the car and force air (and any pebbles kicked up by front of car) into the rotor. I would not advise doing this for any track use since you want the extra airflow, but for street use, it should be fine.
I've never personally had an issue with anything getting stuck between the rotor and pad, but I do get some pebbles that end up on the inside of the rim. This is not unique to PCCBs, as steel brake cars get the same amount of dirt funneled through the air ducts to the brakes.

Quick Reply: Pebbles/rocks and PCCB