Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sport-button issue 2007 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 05:13 PM
DLK
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Sport-button issue 2007 997 GT3

The sport button in my 997 GT3 does not work. I've found that the valve that controls the vacuum to the two actuators was faulty. Ordered a new one (Pierburg part, same number as the one Porsche uses).

After that I was able to actuate the valve in the PIWIS tester with the engine turned off, but still could not actuate it with the Sport-button and also could not actuate it with the engine running.

Checked the two vacuum actuators and they were both faulty and did not hold vacuum. Changed those as well.

Now when I start the car the valve is powered and vacuum is supplied to the actuators and the exhaust is quite. The button still does not work and I still can only actuate the valve in PIWIS with the engine turned off. When I pull the connector to the valve the vacuum drops and the exhaust switches to "loud"

Read the codes in the DME and it did give a fault code on the "abgasklappe". Removed the code but still no luck. There is no difference with or without the code. The indicator light above the sport-button never lights up.

Do any of you know in what direction to start the diagnose now?? I'm at a loss...!
Old 03-02-2022, 06:01 PM
Renaud Bizet
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You are in the 996 GT3 forum
Old 03-02-2022, 06:16 PM
DLK
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Renaud Bizet
You are in the 996 GT3 forum
Sh*t, must have jumped after loging in... I've posted it in the 997 GT3 section now. Mods, this can be removed.

Quick Reply: Sport-button issue 2007 997 GT3