Looks dusty…guess it’s been in storage.
Sell it as a barn/garage find.
The following users liked this post:
Steve Theodore (08-04-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 09:30 AM
Serpico69
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes it has. I have not driven it in 5 years. Just battery tender and around the block drives once a month. Been religious about service of course and changed all fluids on the exact date. Posting full details later today. Thanks.
The following 2 users liked this post by Serpico69:
Booth9999 (08-01-2022), Robocop305 (02-13-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 10:09 AM
05Mdriver
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Serpico69
I was fanatical in how i cared for this car.
..as its being flat-bedded out of a storage locker with layers of dust..
The following 3 users liked this post by 05Mdriver:
Flat6997 (02-13-2022), GM.RS (02-13-2022), M Coop (03-01-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 12:09 PM
Serpico69
Track Day

Very funny and very passive aggressive- no offense taken by me.
Yes but its been in storage, now headed back to my home garage for the sale.
Will be detailed this week for new owner and will be showroom condition-
Full sale details coming shortly
Thank you
Eric
Old 02-13-2022, 12:37 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 155 Posts

Make sure you post the specs or the Vin so we can look up the specs ourselves. This will have a significant impact on the sale price. Also post details of any service performed over the years, for which YOU HAVE records.
Old 02-13-2022, 02:18 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 257 Posts

@Serpico69 Looking forward to the details. As noted please post the VIN. Good luck with the cleanup.
Old 02-13-2022, 02:43 PM
Serpico69
Track Day

My 2011 997.2 GT3 in GT Silver is offered for sale.

VIN:
WP0AC2A91BS783275

I am running an engine DME report Thursday. The car will be ready for pickup and transfer to new owner this Saturday Feb 19th in Tampa, Florida. Since this is a large important sale I am going to deliver the car to the new owner at my personal mechanics auto garage in Tampa, right outside of the TPA international airport. He is a very well known high end garage and is highly respected in the auto business. I am also having my attorney prepare a bill of sale with all info and details for both if us to sign. We will sign the title together in person at my mechanics shop.

Here are the full details. This is very long but I wanted to be as specific and accurate as possible.

If no one in this group buys it, This will be going on bring a trailer next week even though it may take a month to get on, I am in no rush. I want to sell, I don’t need to sell. If I dont get my number, its going back in the garage and will wait. The market may keep going up or not, no one knows but what I do know is the 997.2 gt3's will always go up in value. IMO anyway...

My understanding is there are only two or three for sale in the entire country. I do stand corrected about mine being the second lowest mileage. That was a blanket statement and I want to apologize and it was inaccurate. It’s not one of the lowest but it’s still very very low miles at 7950.

Pictures were sent yesterday.

1. I am the one and only owner. I purchased this brand new at Porsche of Melbourne Florida in October 2010. It has never left the state of Florida and has only been driven in Orlando and Tampa/Clearwater.

2. It has never been tracked, and has never even been near a track., It has never been driven in the rain. It has never spent one night outside of a garage. It has never been in an accident or fender bender or had any paint work done.

3. It has never been eaten in or smoked in. In fact I would not let somebody who smoked get in the car until they wash their hands.

4. There is not one scratch or ding on the paint.

5. INCLUDED: Both keys, the leather booklet with all the manuals. The maintenance booklet with the service records which I will expand on in a moment., The window sticker which is laminated.

6. The only options are sport chrono, dynamic engine mounts, red seatbelts, and fire extinguisher.

7. It has the steel brakes.

8. I got an Xpel front partial clear bra in 2012.

9. I got a brand new battery and oil change 3 months ago. I also replaced the original tires with the same Perelli P zeros and they have seen about 500 miles.

10. I have not driven the car in the last 5 years but have just kept it maintained and in storage plugged in to a tender.

11. I have been religious about all the service. I have had all of the service done signed and stamped by the dealer and/ or Porsche garage in the maintenance booklet. Oil changes were done every year even though in some years i put 10 miles on it.

12. I also did the spark plug service a few years ago as well.

13. There are two very very minor things that I’d like to bring up, below in bullet point 14

14. There are several scratches on the plastic I repeat the plastic black spoiler. This is a $400 part that gets replaced. There is also a very small smudge of sticky residue on the radio button volume dial. I am sure Gooby gone will be able to get this out.

15. Aside from that the car is indistinguishable from new.

My email is ericmhochman@gmail.com
I will go in order of emails received.
I will delete and not engage any disrespectful emails regarding price. If you don't like or agree with my price, no one is twisting your arm, you don't have to buy it.

Would very much like to sell here but if not, as I mentioned, its going to BAT to be sold.

Payment is bank wire transfer.
Asking: $214,000 usd.
No trades considered.

Thanks for looking everyone,

Eric
Old 02-13-2022, 02:48 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 289 Posts

Only members may post “for sale” ads.
Old 02-13-2022, 03:03 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Serpico69
My 2011 997.2 GT3 in GT Silver is offered for sale.

VIN:
WP0AC2A91BS783275

I am running an engine DME report Thursday. The car will be ready for pickup and transfer to new owner this Saturday Feb 19th in Tampa, Florida. Since this is a large important sale I am going to deliver the car to the new owner at my personal mechanics auto garage in Tampa, right outside of the TPA international airport. He is a very well known high end garage and is highly respected in the auto business. I am also having my attorney prepare a bill of sale with all info and details for both if us to sign. We will sign the title together in person at my mechanics shop.

Here are the full details. This is very long but I wanted to be as specific and accurate as possible.

If no one in this group buys it, This will be going on bring a trailer next week even though it may take a month to get on, I am in no rush. I want to sell, I don’t need to sell. If I dont get my number, its going back in the garage and will wait. The market may keep going up or not, no one knows but what I do know is the 997.2 gt3's will always go up in value. IMO anyway...

My understanding is there are only two or three for sale in the entire country. I do stand corrected about mine being the second lowest mileage. That was a blanket statement and I want to apologize and it was inaccurate. It’s not one of the lowest but it’s still very very low miles at 7950.

Pictures were sent yesterday.

1. I am the one and only owner. I purchased this brand new at Porsche of Melbourne Florida in October 2010. It has never left the state of Florida and has only been driven in Orlando and Tampa/Clearwater.

2. It has never been tracked, and has never even been near a track., It has never been driven in the rain. It has never spent one night outside of a garage. It has never been in an accident or fender bender or had any paint work done.

3. It has never been eaten in or smoked in. In fact I would not let somebody who smoked get in the car until they wash their hands.

4. There is not one scratch or ding on the paint.

5. INCLUDED: Both keys, the leather booklet with all the manuals. The maintenance booklet with the service records which I will expand on in a moment., The window sticker which is laminated.

6. The only options are sport chrono, dynamic engine mounts, red seatbelts, and fire extinguisher.

7. It has the steel brakes.

8. I got an Xpel front partial clear bra in 2012.

9. I got a brand new battery and oil change 3 months ago. I also replaced the original tires with the same Perelli P zeros and they have seen about 500 miles.

10. I have not driven the car in the last 5 years but have just kept it maintained and in storage plugged in to a tender.

11. I have been religious about all the service. I have had all of the service done signed and stamped by the dealer and/ or Porsche garage in the maintenance booklet. Oil changes were done every year even though in some years i put 10 miles on it.

12. I also did the spark plug service a few years ago as well.

13. There are two very very minor things that I’d like to bring up, below in bullet point 14

14. There are several scratches on the plastic I repeat the plastic black spoiler. This is a $400 part that gets replaced. There is also a very small smudge of sticky residue on the radio button volume dial. I am sure Gooby gone will be able to get this out.

15. Aside from that the car is indistinguishable from new.

My email is ericmhochman@gmail.com
I will go in order of emails received.
I will delete and not engage any disrespectful emails regarding price. If you don't like or agree with my price, no one is twisting your arm, you don't have to buy it.

Would very much like to sell here but if not, as I mentioned, its going to BAT to be sold.

Payment is bank wire transfer.
Asking: $214,000 usd.
No trades considered.

Thanks for looking everyone,

Eric
I don’t disagree with your price but I’m confident in that you will not reach near that number on BaT. If you’re not in a hurry to sell, hold on to it until you find a private buyer at or near your price. It will come, just will take some time.
The following 2 users liked this post by GlenGT3:
GM.RS (02-13-2022), Robocop305 (02-13-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 03:48 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by GlenGT3
I don’t disagree with your price but I’m confident in that you will not reach near that number on BaT. If you’re not in a hurry to sell, hold on to it until you find a private buyer at or near your price. It will come, just will take some time.
I only see this price hitting if it was PTS and had PCCB, the same guys willing to really pay a high premium for less than 10k miles 1) prob arn't buying it to 'drive' and 2) also happen to the be the same guys that can afford an RS as a collector. I agree with him $215 will prob be a reasonable price here in a few years, but probably more related to the dollar buying power than this specific car appreciating.

Last edited by Wonderdan; 02-13-2022 at 03:53 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Wonderdan:
GM.RS (02-13-2022), Joe Cho (02-13-2022), keynes (02-13-2022), Robocop305 (02-13-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 05:32 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

In before the train wreck.
The following users liked this post:
GM.RS (02-13-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 05:48 PM
GM.RS
Rennlist Member

Received 315 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO
In before the train wreck.
My honest advice to the seller: This thread is a trainwreck. When I google the VIN this thread is all that comes up and the only pics showing the car are - and I'm being honest here - awful. You aren't doing yourself any favors posting pictures of a car that looks like it's sat for five years, without a car cover, in a facility that looks to be just a small step above parking it outside. The pictures make me immediately think this isn't as well taken care of as you say it is, as they are screaming a big counter-argument to your statements.

I would strongly suggest you do the following:
  1. Take this thread down (ask an admin to delete it)
  2. Get a dealer or mechanic to look over the car to check for any 5-years-of-sitting-still problems
  3. Get it professionally detailed
  4. Hire a local photographer to take some decent pictures of it after the detail
  5. Re-list it for sale. Pay for the RL membership ($17 I think) and post a FS ad.
You likely have a gem, but it's not being presented as such.

Last edited by GM.RS; 02-13-2022 at 05:55 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by GM.RS:
atlrvr (02-14-2022), daddyscar (02-13-2022), Hella-Buggin' (02-15-2022), ljmartyre (02-13-2022), Robocop305 (02-13-2022), Steve Theodore (08-04-2022), switchcars (02-17-2022), Turbo Racer (02-13-2022) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-13-2022, 06:19 PM
Serpico69
Track Day

GM RS I appreciate the advice.

It has not sat for 5 years. I would start it weekly and drive it so the battery would not die.
I am having it professionally detailed.

I am also having an inspection and DME report this week.

Lastly, I am teaming up with a professional in the auto world to list it on BAT. After all above has taken place.
I just thought someone here would like to purchase it before it goes on BAT. It is a gem as you say and I think this will be clear when it presents on BAT, whenever that may be. I hear there is a wait.
Anyway, I truly appreciate your advice. Thank you

Eric
Old 02-13-2022, 09:11 PM
M&Abanker4life
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 95 Posts

Arguably one of the top 10 thread fails of all time on RL - from not understanding how to post something FS on a forum/membership requirements to not having the car detailed/clean professionally photographed when presenting it for the "world" to see (given how extravagant the original post was). Also, the use of attorney multiple times for no reason - you can google and find a state specific purchase and sale contract for a car for free or next to nothing. Use that money you would have paid to a lawyer for a good detail and professional photos.

Last edited by M&Abanker4life; 02-13-2022 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Coming soon: My 997.2 GT3 GT Silver for sale-break open the piggybank...>