Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Coming soon: My 997.2 GT3 GT Silver for sale-break open the piggybank...>

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 09:55 AM
Lemarp
Instructor

Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts

Judging by the # of posts in this thread when you click on it in the back of your mind you know it's either going to be:

1) A gem mint 997.2 GT3 manual that everyone is oogling over its hugely rare and high spec or
2) A complete train wreck

I wonder where to file this one under...
Old 02-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,087 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Lug
I'm sure the car itself is fine. Probably needs nothing other than a new battery and a good bath. Find me another 2011 in GT Silver with 8k miles. There were only 15 made for North America. There are plenty of buyers for this car, it just needs to be properly presented to realize its full value. While the seller didn't do himself any favors in this thread, I'm sure the car will sell without a problem.

I have one. Almost It's a 2010 GT Silver with under 9400 miles. But mine has PCCBs. ne owner on Carfax, with records. Collector condition. I've been thinking about selling it, but it's hard to let it go. I wanted to get a little beach house and keep a car there, but the prices have gotten away from me. It's bonkers. If I did, it would not be for less than $190k.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 06:34 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
I have one. Almost It's a 2010 GT Silver with under 9400 miles. But mine has PCCBs. ne owner on Carfax, with records. Collector condition. I've been thinking about selling it, but it's hard to let it go. I wanted to get a little beach house and keep a car there, but the prices have gotten away from me. It's bonkers. If I did, it would not be for less than $190k.
My point exactly. You would not let yours go for 190k, and I have one that I turned down a 225k offer on. I don't think the OP looking in the $200k range is unreasonable. All Things Porsches sold all three of his low mileage 7.2 GT3s in the last week and my understanding is each was well over $200k. The cream of the crop cars are moving at top dollar. The only real thing going against the OPs car is this thread.
Wonderdan (02-19-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 12:10 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

Hey 8Lug,...if my memory serves, you have a verrrry low mileage .2/3, yes? So if its that low, have you decided to keep it very low like that?
Anyway,.... It appears you have been able to thwart the offers on your car too. Good on you too!!

Last edited by bweSteve; 02-23-2022 at 07:17 PM. Reason: ...
Old 02-22-2022, 12:38 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Hey 8Lug,...if my memory serves, you have a verrrry low mileage .2/3, yes? So if its that low, have you decided to keep it very low like that?
Anyway,.... It appears you have been able to thwart the offers on your car too. Good on you too!!
=Steve
Hi Steve, yes it has under 6k miles. I don't intentionally keep mileage low, but other cars, hobbies, and family keep me from driving it too often. I only drive it when I go "driving". Never for short errands. We have some beautiful twisty mountain roads where I live and I like to take the car out on some of my favorite loops, which range from 25 to 75 miles. It feels like a special event each time I drive it and really brings me a lot of joy. It's a perfect way to clear my head, and really connect with what is the best driver's car I've ever driven, not just owned. It also gives the car an opportunity to properly get up to temp and exercised each time it's taken out.
While the offers have been extremely tempting, I came to the realization that there is no equivalent car I could replace this GT3 with. I invested a lot of time searching for the perfect spec/color/mileage/condition/history GT3 (I did not want an RS) and having to go through the process again, were I to sell this car, would cost me a great deal of time (which I value) and most likely not result in finding anywhere near an equivalent replacement.

Last edited by 8Lug; 02-23-2022 at 12:36 PM.
bweSteve (02-22-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 01:59 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Lug
Hi Steve, yes it has under 6k miles. I don't intentionally keep mileage low, but other cars, hobbies, and family keep me from driving it too often. I only drive it when I go "driving". Never for short errands. We have some beautiful twisty mountain roads where I live and I like to take the car out on some of my favorite loops, which range from 25 to 75 miles. It feels like a special event each time I drive it and really brings me a lot of joy. It's a perfect way to clear my head, and really connect with what is the best driver's car I've ever driven, not just owned. It also gives the car an opportunity to properly get up to temp and exercised each time it's taken out.
While the offers have been extremely tempting, I came to the realization that there is no equivalent car I could replace this GT3 with. I invested a lot of time searching for the perfect spec/color/mileage/condition/history GT3 (I did not want an RS) and having to go through the process again, were I to sell this car, would cost me a great deal of time (which I value) and most likely not result in finding anywhere near an equivalent replacement.
Exactly how I feel... if my driving shoes and gloves arn't going on then I'll take the pickup... or the Mustang and wake up the neighborhood a bit

Last edited by Wonderdan; 02-22-2022 at 02:00 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wonderdan:
8Lug (02-22-2022), M Coop (03-01-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 09:38 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,397 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Bumping this thread as this car is now finally for sale on BAT. I never suspected the car had any significant issues. Looked like it needed a bit of attention (cleaned, new battery, service, etc.) as it has been sitting for a long time. Car cleaned up nicely and should bring a strong number.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...he-911-gt3-10/

Last edited by RapidGT; 07-25-2022 at 11:09 PM.
-eztrader- (07-27-2022)
Old 07-31-2022, 07:06 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 288 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Serpico69
My 2011 997.2 GT3 in GT Silver is offered for sale.

VIN:
WP0AC2A91BS783275

I am running an engine DME report Thursday. The car will be ready for pickup and transfer to new owner this Saturday Feb 19th in Tampa, Florida. Since this is a large important sale I am going to deliver the car to the new owner at my personal mechanics auto garage in Tampa, right outside of the TPA international airport. He is a very well known high end garage and is highly respected in the auto business. I am also having my attorney prepare a bill of sale with all info and details for both if us to sign. We will sign the title together in person at my mechanics shop.

Here are the full details. This is very long but I wanted to be as specific and accurate as possible.

If no one in this group buys it, This will be going on bring a trailer next week even though it may take a month to get on, I am in no rush. I want to sell, I don’t need to sell. If I dont get my number, its going back in the garage and will wait. The market may keep going up or not, no one knows but what I do know is the 997.2 gt3's will always go up in value. IMO anyway...

My understanding is there are only two or three for sale in the entire country. I do stand corrected about mine being the second lowest mileage. That was a blanket statement and I want to apologize and it was inaccurate. It’s not one of the lowest but it’s still very very low miles at 7950.

Pictures were sent yesterday.

1. I am the one and only owner. I purchased this brand new at Porsche of Melbourne Florida in October 2010. It has never left the state of Florida and has only been driven in Orlando and Tampa/Clearwater.

2. It has never been tracked, and has never even been near a track., It has never been driven in the rain. It has never spent one night outside of a garage. It has never been in an accident or fender bender or had any paint work done.

3. It has never been eaten in or smoked in. In fact I would not let somebody who smoked get in the car until they wash their hands.

4. There is not one scratch or ding on the paint.

5. INCLUDED: Both keys, the leather booklet with all the manuals. The maintenance booklet with the service records which I will expand on in a moment., The window sticker which is laminated.

6. The only options are sport chrono, dynamic engine mounts, red seatbelts, and fire extinguisher.

7. It has the steel brakes.

8. I got an Xpel front partial clear bra in 2012.

9. I got a brand new battery and oil change 3 months ago. I also replaced the original tires with the same Perelli P zeros and they have seen about 500 miles.

10. I have not driven the car in the last 5 years but have just kept it maintained and in storage plugged in to a tender.

11. I have been religious about all the service. I have had all of the service done signed and stamped by the dealer and/ or Porsche garage in the maintenance booklet. Oil changes were done every year even though in some years i put 10 miles on it.

12. I also did the spark plug service a few years ago as well.

13. There are two very very minor things that I’d like to bring up, below in bullet point 14

14. There are several scratches on the plastic I repeat the plastic black spoiler. This is a $400 part that gets replaced. There is also a very small smudge of sticky residue on the radio button volume dial. I am sure Gooby gone will be able to get this out.

15. Aside from that the car is indistinguishable from new.

My email is ericmhochman@gmail.com
I will go in order of emails received.
I will delete and not engage any disrespectful emails regarding price. If you don't like or agree with my price, no one is twisting your arm, you don't have to buy it.

Would very much like to sell here but if not, as I mentioned, its going to BAT to be sold.

Payment is bank wire transfer.
Asking: $214,000 usd.
No trades considered.

Thanks for looking everyone,

Eric
LOL
Old 08-01-2022, 04:33 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

sold for 195k
Old 08-01-2022, 05:47 PM
EMpunker
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
sold for 195k
Still a good price for the seller in my opinion.
Joe Cho (08-01-2022)
Old 08-01-2022, 06:26 PM
Joe Cho
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by EMpunker
Still a good price for the seller in my opinion.
Agree
Old 08-01-2022, 08:02 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

Did this thread cost him $19k? I don't think it had any impact. I think the sale was at a fair price if not a little high.
The following 2 users liked this post by ranger22:
GM.RS (08-02-2022), jonwb (08-01-2022)
Old 08-01-2022, 10:12 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,093 Likes on 2,115 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Did this thread cost him $19k? I don't think it had any impact. I think the sale was at a fair price if not a little high.
Seems fair to me. Maybe a PCCB car would have brought a bit more but this is all the money for a .2 GT3 with low miles and a pretty standard spec.
Old 08-01-2022, 10:17 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,492 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Seems fair to me. Maybe a PCCB car would have brought a bit more but this is all the money for a .2 GT3 with low miles and a pretty standard spec.
+20k if it was white. Silver and black are least valuable colors.
The following 3 users liked this post by cooler2442:
Flat6997 (08-02-2022), Full Boost (08-02-2022), Robocop305 (08-01-2022)
Old 08-02-2022, 09:57 AM
GlenGT3
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 155 Posts

The only color on a GT3 that has shown to bring below average sale prices is black. Highest production numbers are in white. GT Silver is relatively rare on a 997.2 GT3 and I've never seen that color warrant a discount. Seems to sell on par with most colors except for PTS and blue which were also very rare and bring a premium.
This one sold for $200k with fees, which seems fair to me considering we've seen other sales well above 200k now.

Last edited by GlenGT3; 08-02-2022 at 10:01 AM.
bweSteve (08-04-2022)

Quick Reply: Coming soon: My 997.2 GT3 GT Silver for sale-break open the piggybank...>