Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Is sharkwerk bypass kosher???

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 08:28 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by CubsFan1
I believe you mentioned in a prior post you live or work in WI but want to drive the RS in Chicago. If you get pulled over and ticketed in WI, or especially Chicago, it won't be because the exhaust is too loud it will be because someone doesn't like the attitude of the person driving the car, and / or possibly how it was being driven. But to simply get pulled over for loud exhaust in a GT3RS = not common. I lived in Chicago for many years with sports cars and bikes, none stock and had zero issues. As a matter of fact, one evening when I was returning home from the suburbs heading into "Old Town" I was at a light next to two city patrol offices. They asked me to role down my window and of course I did. They then proceeded to request that I do a burnout and accelerate through the intersection. I was a bit stunned but knew they were serious with the grins. When the light turned green I did exactly as they requested - will never forget it.
An RS with a center bypass driving through Chicago sounds like a plan to me.

The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (05-22-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 12:17 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 315 Posts

I've had cops ask me to "open it up", "let's hear it" too
We've also done drives with a small group of 7 or 8 cars, and one guy is a cop, and has a 997. Some of these drives get out of hand, after we hit over 100 on I-95 which really wasn't a good idea, we stopped for coffee and I told him that if cops had pulled us over, he'd have a harder time explaining why he was speeding with this group

So last night I counted 4 drivers driving with no lights on(!) What's up with that? Every night, at least 3-4 idiots with no lights on
Old 05-22-2021, 04:40 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Bikes with excessively loud pipes are annoying. Yes, I have a Termi on my Ducati...
Old 05-22-2021, 04:50 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 403 Posts

[QUOTE So last night I counted 4 drivers driving with no lights on(!) What's up with that? Every night, at least 3-4 idiots with no lights on[/QUOTE]

I consistently encounter more drivers today who believe their headlights are on, when they are not, due to the instrument panel lighting up with the DRL. One would think the manufacturers would realize the issue at this point and simply make the default headlight setting "auto on" vs. having to set it that way.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:00 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

So last night I counted 4 drivers driving with no lights on(!) What's up with that? Every night, at least 3-4 idiots with no lights on
I consistently encounter more drivers today who believe their headlights are on, when they are not, due to the instrument panel lighting up with the DRL. One would think the manufacturers would realize the issue at this point and simply make the default headlight setting "auto on" vs. having to set it that way.

Modern cars are like that. I drive 2019 bmw and its default on auto. I dont even have an option to intentially turn off Auto setting on my car when driving.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:25 PM
CubsFan1
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
Modern cars are like that. I drive 2019 bmw and its default on auto. I dont even have an option to intentially turn off Auto setting on my car when driving.
Understood, that is my main point, that all OEM should design them this way. Unfortunately, there are many cars on the road with DRL that also display an illuminated dash giving drivers a false impression that their headlights are on. Happens all the time.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:32 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

Understood, that is my main point, that all OEM should design them this way. Unfortunately, there are many cars on the road with DRL that also display an illuminated dash giving drivers a false impression that their headlights are on. Happens all the time.
For reason dealers tend to switch the headlights from the auto to the off position during service. Those are the usual times I catch myself with lights off after sundown.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:54 PM
jbse39
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Then there are people driving with high beams on all the time, not sure which is worse……
Old 05-22-2021, 08:07 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I'm meeting friends tonight and will count how many cars with no lights. Some have daylight running lights on, which means the tail lights are off. The worst ones are black cars with absolutely no lights on at all, I'm not sure how a person can drive like that and not notice it.
Most of the street lights here have been converted to very bright LEDs, so that could be a factor.

The thread is about loud pipes, and I think they help. 2 weeks ago, around midnight, I noticed something in the middle of the normally busy road coming toward me. I revved up my bike. hit the brakes to stop the cars behind me, and it was a Pekinese dog(!) I pulled over and chased him by foot, got him out of the road and realized he was deaf and practically blind. Scanned his collar and called the owner who was thankful after he escaped. The dog was 12 years old and a Blackhawk helicopter could have landed next to him unnoticed. Could have been an awful outcome.
Running over that dog might have sent me flying into a tree too.

But to the original question, the center bypass with stock sides is not that loud, I'd say impossible to get a ticket with it.
Finlander (05-23-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 09:42 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by JB911
I'm meeting friends tonight and will count how many cars with no lights. Some have daylight running lights on, which means the tail lights are off. The worst ones are black cars with absolutely no lights on at all, I'm not sure how a person can drive like that and not notice it.
Most of the street lights here have been converted to very bright LEDs, so that could be a factor.

The thread is about loud pipes, and I think they help. 2 weeks ago, around midnight, I noticed something in the middle of the normally busy road coming toward me. I revved up my bike. hit the brakes to stop the cars behind me, and it was a Pekinese dog(!) I pulled over and chased him by foot, got him out of the road and realized he was deaf and practically blind. Scanned his collar and called the owner who was thankful after he escaped. The dog was 12 years old and a Blackhawk helicopter could have landed next to him unnoticed. Could have been an awful outcome.
Running over that dog might have sent me flying into a tree too.

But to the original question, the center bypass with stock sides is not that loud, I'd say impossible to get a ticket with it.

Thank you. Thats a relief. I will make sure to rev right next to a cop now i know lol. Now I just gotta watch the speed.

Back to the headlights, I can stand ******** driving black cars with no light on (always an old junker that doesnt have DRL and I wonder if they are doing it intentially). Id take high beam guys over these guys.
Old 05-23-2021, 04:38 AM
engerman
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

You would be committing a crime by NOT using a sw exhaust LOL. Was behind a 7-2rs w a sw system and holy sh*t did it sound amazing.
Steve Theodore (07-22-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 06:11 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 523 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
Just out of curiosity

Sharkwerk bypass with sports exhaust on. Can a cop pull me over and issue me a fix it ticket based on the noise?
The answer is yes.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:30 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I went about 6 years with the center bypass and no cop issues. Over a year with side deletes and center delete, no issues.
2 cars with no lights on last night. The clueless high beam drivers are also an irritant-
Robocop305 (05-24-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 07:11 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 474 Likes on 215 Posts

My bypass arrives tomorrow, can't wait to install it and get a little more noise.

I think I will keep my Valve Controller on the car.

Can't Wait!!

Last edited by seis-speed; 07-22-2021 at 01:31 PM.
Robocop305 (07-21-2021)
Old 07-21-2021, 02:26 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I don't put aftermarket garbage on my cars.
frankly most stuff aftermarket are just garbage.
on my car there are three aftermarket parts
BBS motorsport wheels
Guards LSD
Sharkwerks bypass

so just put it on and get on with it.
The following 3 users liked this post by mooty:
Elliotw44 (07-21-2021), EMpunker (07-22-2021), Steve Theodore (07-22-2021)

Quick Reply: Is sharkwerk bypass kosher???