Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Got a PPI on the 2008 GT3. Opinons?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 12:22 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

Upscale Audio,... I'm a bit late to take the time to review that car,... but IMO it appears to be an excellent example. (& imo, price is one of those things where you should have your own personal +/- % bump once you find exactly what you want)
BUY IT before the 2021-2022 prices go even further insane.

Originally Posted by GlenGT3
Serious question....for someone who is not looking for a track car, what is the benefit of paying up for an RS over a standard GT3? Is the driving experience on the street noticeably better? If so, how?
I have no doubt the RS is a better track weapon, but curious if any of its "superiority" can be realized on back country and canyon roads. I've heard some people say that the RS is rougher and louder (due to less sound insulation) on the street, thus making it less enjoyable. I have no first hand experience with the RS version, so I don't know if that's true.
@GlenGT3
Most of the comments I see above, in response to your post,.. seem to be related to / comparing, the .1 non-RS (distaste for sunroofs, taco wing, CL's, etc).
I am similar to 8Lug, and bought a .2 non-RS...

But for me, the .2 non-RS gave me everything I was looking for in a street-only driven GT3.
no sunroof stnd on the .2
the wing is tasteful, plus uprights & wing are painted to match the car (my wife calls the RS wing an erector-set, and too gaudy for the street. But we're older now too & wish to be less conspicuous)

and here is my own personal short list of all the reasons I love my PCCB's & Centerlock combo (keep in mind I am primarily street driven tours, treffens, pca-parades etc)

#1 - Unsprung Weight: Improves the snappiness & liveliness

#2 - Stopping Power: Wow the stopping power of PCCB’s are simply amazing!! (...& not that I ever feel fade with my steel brakes on my 911 Turbo, the promise of no fade inspires confidence)

#3 - Longevity of Life: For a street guy, this is gold. The fact that people have achieved over 150k miles on the same set of rotors is amazing.

#4 - No Dust: Easy to keep clean & looks fresh even at the end of a long weekend of Tour type driving with the PCA club.

#5 - Visual Impact: I love how the center hub area of the CL is so small & compact (especially compared to 5-lug),... Couple that with the large diameter rim & spacious open areas between the spokes, allows unencumbered visibility into the Ceramic Rotor & the very large Calipers (Yellow!!!). This is an amazing view for anyone rolling down the road (driving next to the car) & looking at the wheels/rims/brake-setup. Plus, when you look inside the rim towards the hub of the rotor, the bolt/spring-clips give it the extra “Cool” factor

plus, now that I have lived with the CL's for 2.5 years (bought the Precision Instruments Torgue Wrench & breaker bar setup, + moly grease), and have taken my rims off/on many times, it really is not that bigga deal (understand that it IS a big deal for track guys). So I love them.

just my .02 worth

Last edited by bweSteve; 02-06-2021 at 12:31 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by bweSteve:
8Lug (02-07-2021), Busta Rib (02-06-2021), Flat6997 (02-07-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 04:09 PM
tpd83911
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Definite buy based on PPI - 106K is premium but dealer price not private party. Considering work done recently probably ran in the 4k-6k range and is about everything that you will need for a while this puts it at a 100K car from reputable dealer - drive, drive, drive it !!!

The following users liked this post:
jackb911 (02-06-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 04:51 PM
PK911
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 37 Posts

The ad has been up for a short amount time. There are other potential buyers in line behind the OP. The PPI is clean. So $106k seems to be in line with the current demand for these cars.
if the OP does not pull the trigger, the seller will get his asking price with another buyer.

edit: the ad is not on the PCA mart anymore. Did the OP pull the trigger?
Robocop305 (02-06-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 05:16 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,093 Likes on 2,115 Posts

Originally Posted by PK911
The ad has been up for a short amount time. There are other potential buyers in line behind the OP. The PPI is clean. So $106k seems to be in line with the current demand for these cars.
if the OP does not pull the trigger, the seller will get his asking price with another buyer.

edit: the ad is not on the PCA mart anymore. Did the OP pull the trigger?
He took the ad down after he got enough interest is what was mentioned to me.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bxstr:
PK911 (02-06-2021), Robocop305 (02-06-2021)
Old 02-06-2021, 10:43 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts

This car is probably sold already at asking price. There is a short inventory of cars and the few that comes up for sale move fast.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:23 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,087 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by tpd83911
Definite buy based on PPI - 106K is premium but dealer price not private party. Considering work done recently probably ran in the 4k-6k range and is about everything that you will need for a while this puts it at a 100K car from reputable dealer - drive, drive, drive it !!!
That's my feeling. I'm checking on the rear main seal oil leak and was a little bummed about the nicks in the paint with real bad touch up. The rear bumper would have to be re-sprayed if I buy it the scratch isn't small. But that's how I am. Plus a couple other things. We'll see.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:44 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 155 Posts

I think you should forget this car and just get a .2, LOL.
Robocop305 (02-07-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 08:28 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GlenGT3
I think you should forget this car and just get a .2, LOL.

Haha. I did just that. Just got back from looking at a 2010 GT3 CPO w/ 13k miles that came from Springhausen. The guy bought it then a week later found a .2 RS w/ 3k miles and bought it. I ran down today and looked at it and it's 99% of what I want. Doesn't have front axel lift, but outside of that its in the wrapper. Gave a deposit and will go back tomorrow to pick it up.

I'll mention this in the for sale thread. I am truly grateful to you guys for the assist. Ugh....over a year of looking and thinking....done.
The following 2 users liked this post by Upscale Audio:
paddlefoot64 (02-07-2021), Robocop305 (02-07-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,093 Likes on 2,115 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
Haha. I did just that. Just got back from looking at a 2010 GT3 CPO w/ 13k miles that came from Springhausen. The guy bought it then a week later found a .2 RS w/ 3k miles and bought it. I ran down today and looked at it and it's 99% of what I want. Doesn't have front axel lift, but outside of that its in the wrapper. Gave a deposit and will go back tomorrow to pick it up.

I'll mention this in the for sale thread. I am truly grateful to you guys for the assist. Ugh....over a year of looking and thinking....done.
Congrats! I think another member that I talked with is number 2 in line for this car, so he should be happy to have the opportunity to buy it.

Post some pics when you get your .2. Also, FAL is a great option, but there’s advantages to not having it as well, such as one less thing to possibly go wrong.

Enjoy it!
Robocop305 (02-07-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 09:53 PM
PK911
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 37 Posts

Congrats! You bought what looks like to be a fantastic car.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:20 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Congrats! I think another member that I talked with is number 2 in line for this car, so he should be happy to have the opportunity to buy it.

Post some pics when you get your .2. Also, FAL is a great option, but there’s advantages to not having it as well, such as one less thing to possibly go wrong.

Enjoy it!
Yea thanks and thanks for reaching out. I'm super excited.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:31 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 667 Posts

Congrats!! (I'm partial to .2's),... and yea I think you will not miss FAL.

Mine does not have it & I have a tricky driveway to exit (coming back in on an angle is easy),... so I manage with no scraping

Can't wait to see pics & hear of the spec!! .... CL's & PCCB's!!! ... Yes!!!

Last edited by bweSteve; 02-07-2021 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:56 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Congrats - you'll love it for sure!
Old 02-08-2021, 08:36 PM
Joy2Drive
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

May I ask how much did this first PPI cost using Einar? The report is rather detail compare to other shops. I like the paint inspection and wish there are more local shops provide such degree of detail. Congrats on finding the car you ultimately wanted.
Robocop305 (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 09:14 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Joy2Drive
May I ask how much did this first PPI cost using Einar? The report is rather detail compare to other shops. I like the paint inspection and wish there are more local shops provide such degree of detail. Congrats on finding the car you ultimately wanted.

Einar's is a great shop. Porsche North Houston recommends them, and they did a great job and can do any corrective service too. It was $450. I should note the owner of the company bought a new high-end camera. I don't know when it will be in service...but what he did with his existing camera was great. It was $450. Worth it.

Robocop305 (02-08-2021)

Quick Reply: Got a PPI on the 2008 GT3. Opinons?