Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sunlight Reveal / Connectivity

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 09:44 AM
LRsCarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Sunlight Reveal / Connectivity

So went for drive in the country here in FL last weekend and stopped with sunroof open. Was looking at dash and saw what looks like a connector behind some opaque plastic....

Anyone know what this is? Talking about rectangular piece above volume ***. My interest is spurred by desire to have at least audio from phone patched into head unit. May go down the double DIN head unit replacement to get full Apple CarPlay at some point. Virtually all post I’ve seen on that topic go from PCM system to aftermarket. Is there an option for Non-PCM (Sound Package Plus) to blue-tooth or Apple CarPlay?

Thx LR

Old 01-14-2021, 10:06 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,094 Likes on 2,115 Posts

That should blink red when the car is locked. May even blink red at other times. But I forget. It is not a connector.

Regarding Bluetooth audio. Contact Becker auto sound in NJ. They do Bluetooth audio streaming on the factory CDR24 radio. You send them your radio. I did it to my car. $150. Be warned, audio quality is not good, even with sound package plus. Pretty sure It’s an FM transmitter they install in the back of the radio. But the advantage is you keep your stock head unit if you prefer the look like I do.

Im currently waiting for Porsche to come out with the PCCM+ unit like they did for 996, which includes CarPlay. Not cheap but It’s OEM.

In the meantime you could look into the Dynavin unit. There’s some talk about it in 997 section.

http://www.dynavin.com/products/n7_ps_s.php

Quick Reply: Sunlight Reveal / Connectivity