Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Heel & Toe with PCCBs

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2020 | 11:33 AM
ngng
Drifting

Originally Posted by GlenGT3
I like those. Sounds like you got the one with the extended heel toe plates. There's no info on the site about the actual width difference between the extended and the standard. Do you happen to know this?
yeah, I have the extensions. i can measure for you sometime today.
Old 11-30-2020 | 12:39 PM
GlenGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by ngng
yeah, I have the extensions. i can measure for you sometime today.
Cool, I appreciate that. If it's not too much trouble, would you also mind snapping a pic so I can see the relation of the gas and brake pedals with the extensions? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-30-2020 | 09:01 PM
J. Kid
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by runet
+1. Worked perfect for me with PCCB equipped 997.1 GT3
Old 11-30-2020 | 10:23 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

do you actually heel and toe or you rock your foot left and right.
if you use HEEL and TOE, then you should have no problem. just lift the heel higher.
I can do it in any car regardless of brakes.
but if you use LEFT and RIGHT edges of your foot, then you may need rennline pedals and adjust to your needs. they make very nice pedals
Old 12-01-2020 | 12:32 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

The Redline fully adjustable throttle pedal works very well for dialing it in to each individual need. I've been using it for many years on track with success. It's a fantastic product and comes with a nice solid metal hinge. I've never had my foot slip off these.

Old 12-01-2020 | 12:54 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
do you actually heel and toe or you rock your foot left and right.
if you use HEEL and TOE, then you should have no problem. just lift the heel higher.
I can do it in any car regardless of brakes.
but if you use LEFT and RIGHT edges of your foot, then you may need rennline pedals and adjust to your needs. they make very nice pedals
I use the left side of the ball of my foot on the brake and rock the right side to the throttle. I don't think it would be physically possible for me to do a true heel and toe in a modern 911 with the pedals spaced as closely as they are and the throttle hinge being on the bottom of the pedal. I've tried it, but I basically end up kicking the hinge which results in inadequate movement of the throttle. In older cars, where the gas pedal pivoted from the top and the pedals were spaced farther apart, I could do a traditional heel and toe.
Old 12-01-2020 | 02:23 PM
ngng
Drifting

Originally Posted by 8Lug
I use the left side of the ball of my foot on the brake and rock the right side to the throttle. I don't think it would be physically possible for me to do a true heel and toe in a modern 911 with the pedals spaced as closely as they are and the throttle hinge being on the bottom of the pedal. I've tried it, but I basically end up kicking the hinge which results in inadequate movement of the throttle. In older cars, where the gas pedal pivoted from the top and the pedals were spaced farther apart, I could do a traditional heel and toe.
might be time to do some ankle exercises lol. i found an old video with the stock pedals and pccbs:
Old 12-04-2020 | 07:40 AM
Dervish
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BRS-LN
We had a handful of customers complaining of this exact issue. Here's our spacer to bring the pedal to a more comfortable position. A quick and easy install!

They're also on Black Friday pricing currently

https://lnengineering.com/products/b...al-spacer.html
Does your black friday price extend for a week

Old 12-05-2020 | 11:23 AM
Charles Navarro
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dervish
Does your black friday price extend for a week
Ask and you shall receive. I've extended the BF price on the pedal extension.
Old 12-05-2020 | 09:49 PM
jbse39
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Charles Navarro
Ask and you shall receive. I've extended the BF price on the pedal extension.
has anyone tried buying it? Every time I try to a purchase it, LN site says my cart is empty, I’ve reached out to them but curious if anyone else is seeing the same.
Old 12-06-2020 | 10:09 AM
Charles Navarro
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jbse39
has anyone tried buying it? Every time I try to a purchase it, LN site says my cart is empty, I’ve reached out to them but curious if anyone else is seeing the same.
As best I can tell checkout is working fine at least with Google Chrome. You might need to make sure you have cookies enabled or better yet, create an account and log in first. Worst case, give us a ring on Monday if you can't check out online.
Old 12-23-2020 | 01:49 AM
ngng
Drifting

finally made it to the shop and was able to snap a pic. gonna do a review on the pedals in a few weeks and will post here when it is up
Old 03-19-2021 | 10:56 AM
jbse39
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BRS-LN
We had a handful of customers complaining of this exact issue. Here's our spacer to bring the pedal to a more comfortable position. A quick and easy install!

They're also on Black Friday pricing currently

https://lnengineering.com/products/b...al-spacer.html

I had it installed a month or two ago, but finally got a chance to drive the car and the spacer makes it SO much easier to heel & toe. Without the spacer, the accelerator pedal was a bit too low and my typical way of doing it in my e36, half rolling and half twisting the foot did not work well. The spacer brings the accelerator pedal so that when brake pedal is pushed down, the two are roughly at the same height.

Old 03-19-2021 | 11:13 AM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

thanks @ngng and @jbse39 for posting the info.
The following users liked this post:
jbse39 (03-19-2021)

Quick Reply: Heel & Toe with PCCBs