Intro to Busta Rib's .2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 11:26 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,105 Likes on 414 Posts

Wing is not for sale.

Originally Posted by Khloesdad
I see the wheels are for sale. Any interest in selling the wing?
Old 10-23-2020, 12:09 AM
PJP13
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
I just moved to Bend OR and went on my first drive to McKenzie Pass (Highway 242 out of Sisters). What an amazing road! Too bad it rained during my drive so I couldn't get on it but it was still a blast. I am going to try and hit it again before the snow hits.

Nice Jim! We some of us Seattle peeps could have gone with you!!

Enjoy
Old 10-23-2020, 12:37 AM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Thanks, PJ. You'll have to come visit some time!

Originally Posted by PJP13
Nice Jim! We some of us Seattle peeps could have gone with you!!

Enjoy
Old 10-23-2020, 12:56 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 477 Likes on 218 Posts

Jim, I travel to Bend all the time, I have family that lives there, I will PM you next time and we can meet up.

Old 10-23-2020, 01:15 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Sweet! Looking forward to meeting and finally seeing your new beast in the metal, Mike!
Originally Posted by seis-speed
Jim, I travel to Bend all the time, I have family that lives there, I will PM you next time and we can meet up.
Old 12-10-2021, 10:23 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 226 Likes on 146 Posts

Great thread.
Old 12-29-2021, 01:38 AM
Bobby G
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Part of #covidlife is that you find yourself with a lot of time on your hands, so I am starting a thread to introduce my relatively new-to-me GT3. I bought it from Luxe Automotive Sales in Salt Lake City in Nov 2019 and drove it back to Seattle via Las Vegas and So CA to visit family. It was previously owned by Rennlister SLC-C4S. Max (owner of Luxe) picked me up from the airport in the GT3 and we drove back to his showroom to complete the deal. Awesome experience and I highly recommend Luxe. For context, I was mostly an aircooled 911 guy having owned a 1977, 1980, 1994, and 1995 911s (see below) prior to GT3 life.

My first dip into the watercooled world was a 2005 Carrera S in Speed Yellow that I had until last year.

I loved that car but after considering some major mods for that car, I decided it didn't make sense to go that route when for slightly (it's all relative) more money, I could get a GT3. Or at least I told myself as much. The hunt was on and I ended up with a 2011 Meteor Grey with 25K miles and a ****-ton of maintenance, mods, and factory options. I was seeking specific factory options including the bucket seats, PCCBs, and front lift. The full list of factory options is below. It came with everything I would have chosen if I spec'd it new.

Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
Carbon Fiber Bucket Seats
Front Axle Lift Sport Exhaust
Sport Chrono
Dynamic Engine Mounts

In addition, it was meticulously maintained and serviced and had the following mods:

GMG RSR roll bar
Numeric racing billet shifter and shifter cables
GT3 RS 4.0 clutch and flywheel
Guard LSD clutch pack
Porsche GT3 Cup 4.0.1 Ring & Pinion
Dundon Motorsports Harmonic Balancer and belt
rear adjustable upper link kit (dog bones)
rear adjustable toe steer kit

Effectively, it drives like an RS (with exception of the HP gains, wide body, street cred, and resale you would get with an RS) for GT3 dollars. I wasn't excited about Meteor Grey at first but it has grown on my. In the sun, it does look spectacular. Since ownership, I've put on 5,000 miles (it just turned 30K) and changed the oil and installed a Soul Performance center muffler bypass. Love the way it sounds now, not that it was a slouch before. I've got some additional changes in store that I will reveal when they are done over the next few weeks.

Until then, I'm happy to be a part of the GT family and understand why these cars are so special. I considered getting a 991 Carrera T or GTS (drove both) but, although technically superior, they don't have the soul and feel of a 997, especially a GT3. The visceral driving experience (feel, sounds, performance) is incredible! And the sound these engines make at 8,000+ RPM is insane! I can't help but smile every time I drive this car. I hope everyone is safe and healthy. At least the roads are clear for driving!

Congrats on this purchase! It is very similar to the one I regrettably sold in 2019. Mine had red accents and black rims and clear lights. If you ever tire of it, please DM me.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:33 PM
SupraSaiyan
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby G
Congrats on this purchase! It is very similar to the one I regrettably sold in 2019. Mine had red accents and black rims and clear lights. If you ever tire of it, please DM me.
I'm pretty certain he sold already.

Quick Reply: Intro to Busta Rib's .2 GT3