Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Alcantara Sun Visors

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 06:20 PM
TD_05
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Alcantara Sun Visors

I've looked high and low for alcantara visors but can't find them. Suncoast said they were an exclusive option and Porsche would only send more if the VIN said that the car came with them from the factory. I assume this to be accurate but wanted to reach out to the community for further clarification. I found this service (link below), does anyone have any experience with or opinion of having this done? I have standard visors in a 997.2 GT3 with full leather and red deviated stitching. Was debating between standard black stitching or deviated with red.

http://www.classic9leathershop.com/p...d-porsche-997/

Thanks,
TD

Old 02-23-2020, 07:19 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,092 Likes on 2,114 Posts

Surprised Porsche will not sell just that part.

I have not personally seen the work of Classic 9, but their prices seem more favorable than Exclusive Option who I have not seen either but they seem to be very popular as well. They don't list alcantara sun visors, but I am sure they would make them for you.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:20 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Just find a vin# of a car that had them
And use that with your parts guy. I've done that in the past with no issues.

If you go the aftermarket route I would not recommend classic9. Exclusive option is the best option out there as their material and stitch length is exact to oem. No one has probably done more interior work than I went through and I tested 4 different vendors, including one in Europe, and went with exclusive option.

Quick Reply: Alcantara Sun Visors