Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Heigo Clubsport copy cage, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 11:31 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 663 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Broncozx
I have a 997.2 cs. Mine is oem with 1 side bar. European car. And european gt3, dont have a sunroof. This heigo, looks very similar to mine. Only problem i have, is that it is almost impossible, to dismantle later. That is because of the pipes on the outside are to thin, and the screws gets tighter and tighter, makes flat spots, because of noise, squeeks in the roll cage. Im also using the oem front section.
https://www.fvd.net/us-en/9975809859...ia-groups.html

https://www.fvd.net/us-en/9965809859...-04-white.html
So yours is a factory Clubsport? And you are not happy with it? Too noisy? Do you think this cage will have the same issue?
Old 12-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Broncozx
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Mr.Adair. Factory clubsport yes. Im very happy with the car. Using the front section, may not make it better, thinking of noise. On longer distances, i use earplugs. Like every other cars, there will always be something you may wish was a little different. I tried to dismantle the rear section, then i found out, which i think was a silly patent, almost not beeing able to dismantle it other than cut the pipes. So i didnt take it out.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Coop
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Oh man, I want want to wear ear plugs!!! Then I can disconnect the damn phone!

Could be an install issue @Mr. Adair Maybe something as small as Loctite could be needed. My Clubsport cage has a jingle as well, not loud, just annoying. My old HEIGO cage in my 993 did not.

I say get the HEIGO and of a Clubsport one comes up, sell the HEIGO. It’s a net net, done.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:02 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by Coop
Oh man, I want want to wear ear plugs!!! Then I can disconnect the damn phone!

Could be an install issue @Mr. Adair Maybe something as small as Loctite could be needed. My Clubsport cage has a jingle as well, not loud, just annoying. My old HEIGO cage in my 993 did not.

I say get the HEIGO and of a Clubsport one comes up, sell the HEIGO. It’s a net net, done.
Yea, my last cage had a buzz. With the lack of insulation on these GT3 cars road noise is just brutal on longer trips. I drove my first RS to Rennsport in CA from MN 2500 miles. Damn near killed my gal and me. I don't expect the Heigo to be silent. I suspect a proper install and some attention to keeping it quiet might help. I have ordered the Heigo btw so I agree with your assessment!
Old 12-10-2019, 05:03 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by Broncozx
Mr.Adair. Factory clubsport yes. Im very happy with the car. Using the front section, may not make it better, thinking of noise. On longer distances, i use earplugs. Like every other cars, there will always be something you may wish was a little different. I tried to dismantle the rear section, then i found out, which i think was a silly patent, almost not beeing able to dismantle it other than cut the pipes. So i didnt take it out.
Thanks..
Old 12-10-2019, 06:09 PM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 105 Posts

The noise hasn't bothered me yet, but I have not driven it that far yet!
Old 12-10-2019, 11:55 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by Colorado964turbo
The noise hasn't bothered me yet, but I have not driven it that far yet!
To be honest it was only at a very specific rpm and it was so inconsistent I never even found the spot. Seemed like the the more I drove it the less it happened. Maybe it’s gone for good!
Old 12-11-2019, 12:26 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

Interesting about the noise. Sounds like install issues. I had ZERO, I repeat ZERO noise from my clubsport cage at any speed or any rpm. And I have probably driven more miles with a clubsport cage in place than most.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:43 AM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Yea, my last cage had a buzz. With the lack of insulation on these GT3 cars road noise is just brutal on longer trips. I drove my first RS to Rennsport in CA from MN 2500 miles. Damn near killed my gal and me. I don't expect the Heigo to be silent. I suspect a proper install and some attention to keeping it quiet might help. I have ordered the Heigo btw so I agree with your assessment!
No noise from the Heigo cage itself in my car (996). Some from it touching A-pillar's covers. Mostly installation issue... I've driven abt 30k kms with it.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:58 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by pete95zhn
No noise from the Heigo cage itself in my car (996). Some from it touching A-pillar's covers. Mostly installation issue... I've driven abt 30k kms with it.
Good to know! Thanks Pete..

Quick Reply: Heigo Clubsport copy cage, thoughts?