Originally Posted by XrussianX
Brian I already bought a .2 RS and loving every mile 👍🏻
Nice!
Old 09-21-2019, 01:47 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
It's not provided, and the hand calculated number isn't fool proof. Many cars have an average speed in the thirty something mph range. My GT3 is also in the 30s for example. What he's saying is that number matches up with reality. If the calculated number resulted in an average of 80mph, then a reasonable person would say that's not reasonable. You could then surmise that the ECU had likely been reset, artificially reducing the number of engine hours, and artificially increasing the average speed.

Edit: and then he applied the average he came up with to the engine time, and came up with the odometer mileage. It's a double check that shows the calculations make sense.
Originally Posted by bweSteve
yea I'm not getting why Bryan is not getting it either.
I get it - both the math and the implications to the DME report.

XrussianX clarified his post. And now I want to buy a car from him.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:53 PM
Jahed Rahman
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,
I am in a similar dilemma. I am based in Dubai and have agreed a deal on a 997.1 GT3 - The car has 91,000 km and the PPI report shows zero over revs in any range. The engine hours is 2004 which is consistent with average speed of 46kmph (28mph). The car is in good condition with wear on alcantara and gear **** consistent with mileage. The car has been babied by the current owner and one before him, but I cannot get hold of first 2 owners (4 in total). What are your views? I am assuming the above rules out a DME change or reset?
Thanks
Old 01-16-2020, 05:47 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,116 Likes on 2,130 Posts

Originally Posted by Jahed Rahman
Hi All,
I am in a similar dilemma. I am based in Dubai and have agreed a deal on a 997.1 GT3 - The car has 91,000 km and the PPI report shows zero over revs in any range. The engine hours is 2004 which is consistent with average speed of 46kmph (28mph). The car is in good condition with wear on alcantara and gear **** consistent with mileage. The car has been babied by the current owner and one before him, but I cannot get hold of first 2 owners (4 in total). What are your views? I am assuming the above rules out a DME change or reset?
Thanks
A 997 GT3 redline is 8400. Range 1 starts at 9k. So you need to downshift early in order to even get a range 1. You should have no concern with a 0 over rev DME.

Quick Reply: Opinions on zero over rev report