Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

BEST EXHAUST PRODUCT for 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2019 | 12:14 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3,015 Likes on 1,786 Posts

Installed a center delete and the car developed a leak. Removed it and installed full length headers and exhaust and the leak stopped. Just a thought for you folks.
Old 09-09-2019 | 06:55 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

OP P-Car777 ... Sounds like no matter which setup you choose,... you'll probably want to retain some sort of valved side. That way you can quiet things down for various reasons.

... and I 2nd the motion from Tye, regarding the Carnewal in-line system. He consulted me last year on adding that to my exhaust setup and I love having the ability to control valves "always open",.. or "always closed". Especially since it gives you memory so when you shut er down one day, and restart another day the valves are how you left them. GREAT feature for early Sunday morning starts to keep peace in your neighborhood.

.... in fact, now that I think about it,... Question for you,.... when you say that your existing experience with Sharky CMB was too quiet in the low rpm's,... was that with the stock vacuum solenoid setup that Porsche ships our 997 GT3's with??? ... because THAT quietness before the 3k/4k valve-open moment is what the Carnewal setup would solve. Gert (over in Sweden) is excellent support for his product too.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...arnewal-2.html

=Steve
Old 09-09-2019 | 08:14 PM
P-Car777
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for all the info guys, I am thinking of going with either a soul or fabspeed cat back system (side muffler with valves and center muffler replacements). This way I keep headers/cats stock but improve sound while maintaining the use of the sport button to open valves and control the
“loudness”. Has anyone done this specific set up?

Steve, regarding the low rpm quietness, I was running stock vacuum solenoid setup, and yes there was a significant change at around 4K rpms!

P-Car777
The following users liked this post:
Soul Performance (09-10-2019)
Old 09-09-2019 | 08:36 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Dundon or go home. After watching the video, I'm sold.
Old 09-11-2019 | 12:10 AM
D-Uber Cars
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Dundon ONLY since early 2005! On 2nd. Set.
1st. = 996GT3. 2nd. = 997.1 RS.
Old 09-11-2019 | 10:00 AM
balefire
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Car777
Thanks for all the info guys, I am thinking of going with either a soul or fabspeed cat back system (side muffler with valves and center muffler replacements). This way I keep headers/cats stock but improve sound while maintaining the use of the sport button to open valves and control the

Steve, regarding the low rpm quietness, I was running stock vacuum solenoid setup, and yes there was a significant change at around 4K rpms!

P-Car777
I run something similar.
Fabspeed mini maxflo center exhaust and side delete bypass without valves.
It sounds glorious at full song and only slightly boomy between 2-3k.
I can still talk over Bluetooth at low rpms.

I have TPC side delete bypass with valve control but my button stopped working and since my current setup sounds so good decided not to figure it out.

I much prefer the sound of my current setup versus my old set up with TPC side delete bypass valves and OEM titanium center exhaust.

I am a big proponent of side delete since it saves so much weight and decreases heat exposure to both the engine bay and the rear wheels.

I have the opposite feeling towards headers and cats. Why suffer CEL or emission issues with header / cat replacement when side delete and center bypass options are plentiful?
Old 09-11-2019 | 10:08 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 299 Posts

Any of these options increase HP/Tq numbers?
Old 09-11-2019 | 12:33 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
... and I 2nd the motion from Tye, regarding the Carnewal in-line system. He consulted me last year on adding that to my exhaust setup and I love having the ability to control valves "always open",.. or "always closed". Especially since it gives you memory so when you shut er down one day, and restart another day the valves are how you left them. GREAT feature for early Sunday morning starts to keep peace in your neighborhood.

.... in fact, now that I think about it,... Question for you,.... when you say that your existing experience with Sharky CMB was too quiet in the low rpm's,... was that with the stock vacuum solenoid setup that Porsche ships our 997 GT3's with??? ... because THAT quietness before the 3k/4k valve-open moment is what the Carnewal setup would solve. Gert (over in Sweden) is excellent support for his product too.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...arnewal-2.html

=Steve
P-Car777
P-Car777 - Have you ever tried disconnecting your vacuum solenoid electrical connector, to see how it sounds to you WITHOUT the 3k/4k open/close actuation? (ie,.. valves open at all times thru your entire rev range??)

still too quiet that way for you?

=Steve
Old 09-11-2019 | 03:44 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 09-13-2019 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09-11-2019 | 03:45 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by balefire
I run something similar.
Fabspeed mini maxflo center exhaust and side delete bypass without valves.
It sounds glorious at full song and only slightly boomy between 2-3k.
I can still talk over Bluetooth at low rpms.

I have TPC side delete bypass with valve control but my button stopped working and since my current setup sounds so good decided not to figure it out.

I much prefer the sound of my current setup versus my old set up with TPC side delete bypass valves and OEM titanium center exhaust.

I am a big proponent of side delete since it saves so much weight and decreases heat exposure to both the engine bay and the rear wheels.

I have the opposite feeling towards headers and cats. Why suffer CEL or emission issues with header / cat replacement when side delete and center bypass options are plentiful?
I think if you get the correct equipment, you won't suffer any CEL lights or emissions issues. I have a full length headers, HFC's and no CEL's. Brombacher.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 02-16-2020 at 02:20 AM.
Old 09-12-2019 | 03:45 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 693 Likes on 440 Posts

P-Car777
Hey guys SCOTT from Fabspeed here!...Sorry had too Wanted to chime in here regarding some of the products we have to offer for your 997.2 GT3RS. Take a look at this hand made, bolt on center muffler bypass, designed, engineered, and fabricated here in Ft. Washington PA! Any questions regarding the product or forum pricing, feel free to reach out directly!!

• Fits all Porsche 997.2 GT3 / GT3 RS vehicles (2010-2012)
  • Adds 10 whp and 6 ft-lbs of torque increasing throttle response
  • Saves 10 lbs from the rear of the vehicle
  • Retains Sport Mode control button when used with factory side mufflers
  • 14-16ga T304 Stainless Steel construction
  • Includes 4" Deluxe Dual Style Tips in your choice of finish or Reuse the OEM Tips
  • All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty

Old 09-14-2019 | 11:26 PM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

P-Car777
Impending FS thread for slightly used Fabspeed exhaust.

All joking aside side deletes is best option. Eliminates big weight and heat.

Stock center muffler sounds best....Ive done it all and I ended up with full dundon.
The following users liked this post:
Brian Himmelman (05-08-2022)
Old 09-15-2019 | 01:47 AM
XrussianX
Pro

Received 395 Likes on 175 Posts

My 3.8 RS was bought with a GMG center and side muffler delete. Very loud but I feel like the car suits the tone. There’s a sweet spot to keep the throttle at a spot where it’s somewhat quiet. I love it, but will check with Jamie what they can do at Dundon. Still have the factory titanium center. Sorry for making the decision harder lol. Doesn’t “sound” like you can go wrong here
Old 09-15-2019 | 09:53 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by FJSeattle
Impending FS thread for slightly used Fabspeed exhaust.

All joking aside side deletes is best option. Eliminates big weight and heat.

Stock center muffler sounds best....Ive done it all and I ended up with full dundon.
So, just delete sides, and keep stock center? (Not quiet ready for full Dundon)
Old 09-15-2019 | 02:36 PM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Buy the Dundon valved Side deletes and then be ready to go Headers when you are shopping for your Christmas presents.

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/pe...-only?carid=39

Drop 45# and eliminate a ton of heat next to the rear tires.

Quick Reply: BEST EXHAUST PRODUCT for 997 GT3