Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Shout out to Gert at Carnewal!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 04:27 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 434 Likes on 308 Posts

The unit you have is missing the male connector, has alligator clip instead for some reason-someone must have McGyvered it

Old 03-28-2019, 05:35 AM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi Steve : I have emailed you the instructions.
The PSE controller is delivered with the male connector inserted in the female connector.

To : limitedslip : Some of my outgoing emails, send through NetSol were getting blocked. Please send your email again.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:35 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 660 Posts

Hi Gert, Thanks for replying here, as well as sending me email. I have read through your instructions several times.

Thus I have taken my air box out, to take some pictures... (to be clear this is a 2010 997.2 GT3)

For clarity on this thread,.. below are pictures to illustrate...

First two pictures are from my 997.2 GT3:...

==============================================================

.. and here is a picture of the connector on the unit, when it STILL has the empty male-end connector still inserted in it...

And finally, this is a pic of the end connector with the plastic insert removed....

And then the next step is to determine which side the red/blue factory pin-out is on (left or right), and then utilize the empty male-end connector that I pulled out of your female connector,... and insert your alligator blade connector (w/ solid red wire) into it.... ensuring that it aligns with the original factory red/blue wire.

I'll let everyone know how it works out when finished. I think I will also use some liquid electrical tape to seal up the opening(s) where wires go into the plastic connectors,... ensuring no corrosion builds as water & road-dust-etc gets up in there after years of use.

=Steve

Last edited by bweSteve; 03-28-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:06 AM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

The red wire with male pin needs to make contact with the red/blue wire in the original PSE connector.

Once you know the position, insert it in the male connector.

We cannot pre-wire the male connector because sometimes the red/blue wire is on the left side and sometimes on the right side of the original PSE connector.

I have been selling this PSE remote for many years and never heard of any problems due to corrosion.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 52 Posts

+1 for Carnewal. I have used them many times and always one of my first stops when I'm looking for something.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:15 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Thanks Gert.

I live on the water (salt & brakish), and come from a marine background as well. Having re-wired old boats, and installed marine sound systems,.. we get lots of corrosion around here (although a climate controlled garage does help).

Just being safe, and planning for many years of trouble-free operation to come.

Can't wait to try this out!! ... hoping it really calms down my Sharkwerks for those early morning warm-up starts with neighbors close by.

=Steve
Old 03-28-2019, 02:32 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

How come your unit had the male connector disconnected (with the exposed red wire)? As the pics/instructions show, it's a pretty quick installation shipped and there shouldn't have been any issues. It's an excellent setup-the only issue I have is after a few years the Carnewel sticker on the box curled up with heat
Otherwise flawless . Benefits include quiet cold crank so the neighbors don't freak out, quiet throughout the rev range when you want to listen to the drivetrain, brakes, suspension, tires, etc
Old 03-28-2019, 03:41 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JB911
How come your unit had the male connector disconnected (with the exposed red wire)? As the pics/instructions show, it's a pretty quick installation shipped and there shouldn't have been any issues.
Because, since there was no need for polarity on the factory vacuum solenoid,... Porsche sometimes had the red/blue wire from factory on the left side of the factory connector,.. and sometimes it was on the right.
Gert could not know for each individual car,... so he has to give the product to us like this, and have OWNERS determine which side the red/blue wire is on,.. and match it up.

Gert said the same thing above,.. just with a lot less words.

I guess when you got yours (years ago), you were just lucky that Gert had put it on the correct side for your car.

=Steve
Old 03-28-2019, 06:14 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Because, since there was no need for polarity on the factory vacuum solenoid,... Porsche sometimes had the red/blue wire from factory on the left side of the factory connector,.. and sometimes it was on the right.
Gert could not know for each individual car,... so he has to give the product to us like this, and have OWNERS determine which side the red/blue wire is on,.. and match it up.

Gert said the same thing above,.. just with a lot less words.

I guess when you got yours (years ago), you were just lucky that Gert had put it on the correct side for your car.

=Steve
Yeah, I guess I was lucky and it plugged right in!

Enjoy it, and remember to get a good ground point-
Old 03-30-2019, 04:06 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Got a good ground point - there is a nice little metal tab sticking up within 6 inches of the vacuum solenoid (over on the inner fender). It already has a hole in it perfectly ready for a lug nut to secure the ground. Just had to dremel a little paint off to make good connection.

Product works Perfectly!!

and here's a pic of the Liquid Electrical tape limited to just out near the opening where the wire enters each housing. Love that stuff. Just a drop & then hold the unit upside down & the liquid stays out near the opening...

Old 04-21-2019, 12:52 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts
Default +1 for Gert and Carnewal...

+1 for Gert...

Old 04-25-2019, 05:28 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Awesome 240Z. I had a '72 that I restored and I sold it to a real wheeler dealer. The following week in Autotrader I learned the buyer had an eclectic lot. Ferraris, Porsches and Corvettes, some really eccentric stuff and my 240Z. I still miss mine. JBO
Old 04-25-2019, 08:36 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Josh, you and I have the love for the same cars. I was trying to highlight Gert’s BMW car covers.
I had a ‘71 when I was young, early in marriage, ~30 years ago. I sold it since I had no room or money. When I came across this 1-owner Z a few years ago I bought her. I spent a new Boxter S worth of money on mods and restoration and here we are!
Old 04-26-2019, 08:06 AM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Awesome. It looks great, sounds great and they are easy to work on. Did you see the current EVO? There's a UK based firm that builds early Z cars using the Singer model. I still miss mine. JBO
Old 04-28-2019, 01:06 AM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We got some 997 GT2 seats form Gert a while back. Amazing service and pricing.

Cheers

Quick Reply: Shout out to Gert at Carnewal!