Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The lack of GT2 content here is...disturbing :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 12:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 752 Posts

Low production GT3's without that permanent lag thing of the GT3 LOL.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:29 PM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

I’ll share:

Old 08-31-2019, 09:58 AM
XrussianX
Pro

Received 395 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by CT944
I’ll share:

Seeing this picture makes me wonder how much better would the .2 GT3 RS have been if they used this shell with the side intakes. More air and more aesthetics 👍🏻 Beautiful machine, you should post more without her hiding
Old 08-31-2019, 09:59 AM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

I love my GT2.They are clearly rare birds.
I do drive mine however. 22k on mine
Old 08-31-2019, 11:22 AM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 627 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by CT944
I’ll share:

Looking good my friend! Thanks for the sneak peek.
Originally Posted by roketman

I love my GT2.They are clearly rare birds.
I do drive mine however. 22k on mine
Do I even want to know how much those GT2 RS intake ducts cost? I want them but I'm definitely afraid of what they will cost me!
Old 08-31-2019, 04:49 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

There is a GT2 photo thread...please start posting in there and resurrect it. I have done my best.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:08 AM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Igooz
There is a GT2 photo thread...please start posting in there and resurrect it. I have done my best.
Considering I drive my GT2 more than 90% of the typical owner it will be my pleasure to do so! Today we had a photo shoot with my 3RS and GT2 and it was glorious to have both cars out and about at the same time.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:03 PM
BDCGT3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The lack of GT2 content here is...disturbing

Disturbing indeed! And by content do you mean for example, the discussions pertaining to the supposed vast nuances between the GT3 RS and its suggested lowly brethren, the GT3? Just a crazy theory but I would go out on a limb and venture to guess that because there were so few GT2's made, owners have them buried in the back of their garages collecting dust. Probably alongside many a 2007/2008 and 2010/2011 RS. You know, just awaiting the day that the whole lot of 'em will have quadrupled in value and made their owners oodles of money to carry them through retirement. Now Steve, surely you did not think of buying your GT2 with the intension to drive it as much as possible? You should know, that is simply not what far too many GT2 and RS owners do with their GT cars. Take that GT2 of yours which I remember reading in your recent lengthy thread, you acquired in Toronto and then drove it cross-country and back home to Washington State. Simply stated you are racking up way too many miles on your new acquisition! That one trip alone represents something like what 3 owners combined might put on the average GT2 in five years. In other words you have simply have to ease up on driving your new-to-you GT2! While GT2 values are surprisingly low at this point in time, and thus you proved to be very wise in buying one both now and with some miles on it [and for an exceedingly good price as I recall], considering how few of those were actually produced, you simply gotta be patient and not enjoy driving it so much. Perhaps not for some time, maybe even 10 - 20 years or even longer but when it is all said and done, those GT2's will likely eventually be worth a small fortune to you, or at any rate, your heirs. But don't even think of enjoying driving that car as much as it may kill you. It's an investment man and you're basically merely a caretaker of sorts. Keeping it as shiny and new as possible, you know for the next guy who owns it. Go ahead and start it a few times a year, perhaps backing it out of the garage from time to time to wash/wax it and stuff but no more than the occasional Cars 'N Coffee or picture taking ops for the Rennlist "Show Us Your GT2" thread. And for god's sake remember to store it in your garage with the car cover on at all times. You know, better safe than sorry and all.

What's that you say? Your investments are in in things like the stock market and in stocks like Amazon, which until the last couple of years was basically doubling almost annually since its inception, whereupon you likely took those proceeds and plowed them into a similiar no brainer stock such as Mercado Libre, the Amazon/Ebay of South America, which has only gone up something like 6 fold since its inception 3 years ago? Then why didn't you say so man?!

Hell then, go ahead and drive the **** out of your GT2! Your RS as well. That's of course exactly what those epic cars were made for. To be driven often and hard. Like Mooty recently commented, if you don't routinely enjoy the last 500 rpms before hitting redline in your GT car, you simply aren't enjoying your vehicle as it was meant to be driven. So ***** to the wall man! I mean who cares if it may possibly have lost a sizable chunk of its value if and when you might someday seek to sell it simply because most other GT2's are likely rotting away in the bowels of their owners garages, not driven so as to await vast $ appreciation. You will have all those awesome memories of canyon carving, track events and memorable road trips, just like the one you recently shared with all of us. To reiterate, a single trip like that the one you recently took, probably represents something like 5 but probably more like 7 years of accumulated mileage by the average GT2 owner, so might as well keep driving your cars right into the ground at this point. Don't despair though, because when the time comes, you can take some of the excess profits you have made with your far better investments in things like the stock market and whatnot and get something special, like a "used" 918. Of course I use the term "used" loosely, as it will likely have been driven very few miles and be in flawless condition as well, having spent most of its life up to that point in a garage and covered. So for all intents and purposes, basically new! But not for long once you get ahold of it, right? Bravo and hats off to you for obviously enjoying your cars as you apparently do. By driving them! Bruce

P.S. By the way, what the hell do you think you are doing loading up on all that non-Porsche branded stuff anyways? You can't have weight savings AND duck the Porsche tax as well! It's one or the other but you can't have both, it's that simple. Furthermore real Porschefiles know that the "smart" weight savings comes from replacing the hood insignia with a sticker emblem. But understand that in doing so you risk a sizable price drop when you go to sell the car, as of course your vehicle will no longer be considered stock and just like when it rolled off the assembly line.

P.P.S. That fire extinguisher, it does say "Porsche" on it, right? As with the Porsche carbon bucket seats its got to be stamped with the "Porsche" emblem, even though the Recaro equivalents which are basically just as good, can be bought at a small fraction of the Porsche seats - bottom line, if it doesn't say Porsche on it the Recaros obviously have got to be vastly inferior, right?! It's OEM or nothing in our P-cars, right?! Oh that's right, you're that maverick, never mind...

Last edited by BDCGT3; 09-03-2019 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:05 AM
997GT
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Looking good my friend! Thanks for the sneak peek.

Do I even want to know how much those GT2 RS intake ducts cost? I want them but I'm definitely afraid of what they will cost me!
There are many replicas of varying quality, however fitting them requires cutting into the support sitting behind the cover.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:24 AM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BDCGT3
Thanks for the great laugh my friend. Life is short enough...we need to drive these great cars!

Originally Posted by 997GT
There are many replicas of varying quality, however fitting them requires cutting into the support sitting behind the cover.
Are your ducts replicas or real? I saw the prices for the real ones at Suncoast Porsche online and promptly fell out of my chair...just as I expected to.

Quick Reply: The lack of GT2 content here is...disturbing :)