Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New Cup 2's on and before the alignment......

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 03:09 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 886 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by HarmonyJim
As a different opinion on suspension components, I changed out everything on my 2007 RS for the RSS full Tarmac-Series components (as well as their engine mounts), and I found the car to ride actually BETTER than before the changes. I was initially expecting it to beat me to death over any bumps, but figured it was a fair price to pay to eliminate all the rubber suspension bushings. Not only was every bit of 'play' removed, but over bumps it was more compliant. I can only surmise that the oem rubber bushings 'bind' upon suspension movement, and thus eliminating the rubber allows the suspension to actually compress and extend as designed. I have since added Tractive/DSC, GT2 sway bars, trans mounts, and a transmission modified to 997.2 RS specs. To this day it feels far more comfortable than stock, but the shocks and controller may have a huge influence in this. Do be careful with a street/track alignment - that one change almost ruined the entire package, making the car damn near undriveable. It searched all over the road instead on tracking straight, and literally drove me nuts. I just didn't need the steering THAT sensitive and the turn-in so much more 'sharp'. Think seriously about this before you waste $300 on an alignment you won't be happy with. Now I just need to increase the car's rake to 997.2 RS specs, and I should be good!!
Interesting feedback.
Thanks for posting.

Craig

Quick Reply: New Cup 2's on and before the alignment......