Reliable.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I used just about eveyrone

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Reliable is probably the best and the most expensive. Own trucks, drivers etc..
first part true
2nd part not always true
with each shipment, regardless of which shipper, I chat with the driver and chk out their rig for 30-60 min and feed them cookies and stuff. I love 18 wheelers and I dig deep to understand their business.

Originally Posted by 405
I would only use reliable. Any time I have used a company that brokered it has been a headache.
yes yes yes

Originally Posted by Saru385
i used Intercity when i bought my GT3 based on recommendations from people on RL.

https://intercitylines.com/

price was a bit higher than some, but not the highest. think i got a RL discount too.
and they kept me updated as my car made its way from Florida to California.
car showed up safe and sound.
intercity is good
reliable is better

Originally Posted by noro
Plycar, used them twice last year.. great communication, near real time tracking.. enclosed transport and from what I understand used by many P-car dealers.
well....
if the car starts in CA, nick at Plycar is WONDERFUL.
if the car starts on East Coast the dude there is crook. no communication. or his response is "I don't know". sorry you have GPS, I don't know is not an answer. car was delayed 7 days... tells me a good story.
car arrived. I chatted up the driver. he had no idea and told me he's the 4th truck that moved my car. they keep dropping my car from one rig to another.... I wish they told me that.

Originally Posted by RDM2418
Momentum Transport. PM me and I'll give you his number. He's outstanding and has moved a number of cars for me. Porsche North Houston uses him.
I hope it's not Ari.
PNH send him to me, he's the dispatcher
he is on speed.
tells me he has been in business long time blah blah knows his stuff...
I don't really care.
it's my car
I pay you
you work for me
so chill...boss, b/c I AM THE BOSS you just drive my cargo.
I no longer use ari.

it's not worth it to save few hundred bux. believe me.
one time for a very important car, I send my crew 2 drivers non stop from CA to MA and back in 5 days. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
instruction was bring enough food and water. do not stop except for diesel and driver change. if you had to pee, bring a large jug.
perfectly done.
but not a hitch.
don't try to save on shipping
get the best

finally many brokers lie
once broker send a truck to pick up my car.
broker and driver can't get $ to agree
drive left
the shop releasing my car told me to call driver direct
I did.
turns out broker only paying drive 50% of what he charged me
I told driver, forget broker, I will pay u direct.
he turned around and picked up my car.
a lot of times the lack of communication bn you and driver is b/c broker wont give you driver's number fear you pay direct and cut him out.
when you call, you only reach the broker (they call themselves dispatch), and he calls the driver. you get 3rd hand info.

lot of smoke and mirror in this business.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:23 PM
sixtyfiver
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Reliable dropped ball with pick up, kept me waiting seven days and then explained memorial weekend, drivers will be off...blah blah blah..BS. Hired Plycar on Wednesday, they picked car up today Friday 10 minutes ago. First step with Plycar good so far, they honored their commitment for pick up. Claim delivery to Los Angeles will take 7-10 days ( June 1st-3rd ),
Old 05-26-2019, 09:35 PM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

I used RDM2418's suggestion and I had my car from SF to CT in 5 days. Very happy.

Originally Posted by RDM2418
Momentum Transport. PM me and I'll give you his number. He's outstanding and has moved a number of cars for me. Porsche North Houston uses him.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:55 AM
sixtyfiver
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Update: Plycar is delivering on their word, mapping does function and communication has been great. Spoke with driver yesterday and the car has been on same truck since Long Island. At this point, I would recommend Plycar, will update once again when car get delivered.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:23 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

I think that Plycar, Reliable, and Interstate are the best in this industry. Specially if the driver is the owner/operator and not just for hire.
And everyone has had hit or miss experience with them.
Exception being the super elite single or double car private carriers, if you are willing to pay and get a real white glove experience.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:44 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,093 Likes on 2,115 Posts

Originally Posted by sixtyfiver
Update: Plycar is delivering on their word, mapping does function and communication has been great. Spoke with driver yesterday and the car has been on same truck since Long Island. At this point, I would recommend Plycar, will update once again when car get delivered.
Great to hear Plycar is working out so far. Having a map is pretty cool to watch them.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:44 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
I don't really care.
it's my car
I pay you
you work for me
so chill...boss, b/c I AM THE BOSS you just drive my cargo.
hahaha!

I have used:
Intercity 2x, no more, last time I had to wait a month for a 997 cab (East Coast to West Coast), the other was .2RS and took 3 weeks from FL

PlyCar 1x OR to CA perfect and quick. We have a big oak in the middle of the street that he scraped the top of the trailer and he thought he was going to lose his job because it was a new trailer

Reliable 1x from TX to CA was good, did not want to pull into the neighborhood though (see plycar)

JP Logistics 1x from Socal charged top dollar was brokered, my GT3 showed up with a dually and single trailer

Sam with Reserved Motorsports did me right and brought me my latest RS from Socal the same day and took great care, velvet booties and all.

Quick Reply: Recommendation for cross country transport