Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Opinion on future pricing trend trends on 997 GT3's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 09:39 AM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
only problem is,... in 20 years the governments will all be so into the electric scene, fossil fuels will be scarce, expensive & limited. So yea the 997 RS' will still command a premium as a "collector", but I expect the regular GT3's that are being driven to suffer depreciation (like mine).

My only hope is that eventually they will see that electric is just as difficult and expensive (to the environment) to produce, that it delays the fossil fuel decline.

You make a lot of good points.

I think that the electric car revolution will come sooner than expected - a tipping point will occur with battery and charging and geographic coverage before 2030.

Gas will become scarce not because of peak oil but because of economies of scale.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:46 AM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 141 Posts

A point about PTS cars - right now and for the past few years certain PTS 997s have commanded prices $10-20K higher because of a desirable color - Riveria, Mexico and Miami blues are good examples. As a result many people are paying the extra $5k to PTS today with the expectation that 10 years from now their color choice will garner a $30k + premium. There's no way of knowing what will be a desirable color 10 years from now so luck really comes in to play. Maybe it's Baader-Meinhof but since I got my Mexico Blue I see a lot of similar blue shades on Toyotas, Subarus and Fords not to mention new PTS 911s. All of these have to be devaluing my car bit by bit.
Old 05-07-2023, 10:29 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

Stumbled upon Kevin's thread from 2019 while I was searching for a good place to post the Market Trend analysis ( https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...estment-3.html ).

Interesting to read so many opinions back in 2019 that said the 997 GT3's would not increase much in value in next 3-5 yrs.

Trend starting a year into Pandemic (not including RS)...

Old 05-07-2023, 11:17 PM
Maverick11
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Interesting chart. I won’t claim to be a diligent market follower, really just get BaT alerts on occasion and hear things from time to time. Surprised to see the recent fall off for the .1s though, feel like I’ve seen a few trade recently that I thought fetched good money. Maybe I just didn’t notice when they were at the recent peak.

Wish GT2s would do that!

Quick Reply: Opinion on future pricing trend trends on 997 GT3's?