Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Purchase Price of 997.1 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019 | 07:59 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JG 996T

There is another RS 'pumpkin' that's been listed for sale (in the Northeast USA) for about a year and remains unsold at about the same price OP paid. A few years ago they traded quickly around $150-190,000 USD
it hasn’t been a YEAR has it? Actually no it really hasn’t.

i am getting many, many tire kickers for my car and twice had deals “done” with electronic handshake and bill of sale prepared but each time buyer has had some personal event come up and couldn’t complete deal. But as I said, lots of action. Had plans to show it this weekend but weather prevented the small plane private flight to come see. Maybe this week.

2007 “pumpkin” still for sale

No hidden paint work or other drama But oh the horror of 3,300 miles per YEAR. Buyers are not so much worried about the wear on the car from this absurdly high mileage, but rather they are worried more about resale.

i need a Mooty kind of buyer for this car. Someone who wants to drive rather than look at the car as a oil painting. I think it has been so trouble free precisely because I actually drove it.
Old 05-05-2019 | 08:50 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 56 Posts

Loose Marble, sadly, I experienced the EXACT same things you have experienced when I marketed my GT3 on Rennlist back in 2016.

For reasons that I still cannot comprehend, attempting to sell a well-kept, privately owned GT3 on this site appears to be an exercise in futility. My Rennlist selling attempt was a magnet for tire kickers, dreamers and lowballer bargain hunters. Like you, I also had two "sure thing" buyers who backed out at the very last minute after promising to buy. The mistake I made was not requiring a non-refundable cash deposit to hold the car. Both buyers were within a 2 hour flight of where I live but steadfastly refused to inspect my car in person after I requested that they do so in order to ensure that there would be no post-delivery issues or misunderstandings.

So....if and when I decide to sell my GT3, it certainly will not be here. And seriously, if I was in a financial position to buy your RS at your very reasonable asking price, I would not hesitate! It is the best value-for-money for what appears to be a super nice, well-kept RS that I have seen in a long, long time. GLWS!

Last edited by jackb911; 05-05-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-05-2019 | 09:01 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by LooseMarble

i am getting many, many tire kickers for my car and twice had deals “done” with electronic handshake and bill of sale prepared but each time buyer has had some personal event come up and couldn’t complete deal. But as I said, lots of action. Had plans to show it this weekend but weather prevented the small plane private flight to come see. Maybe this week.

No hidden paint work or other drama But oh the horror of 3,300 miles per YEAR. Buyers are not so much worried about the wear on the car from this absurdly high mileage, but rather they are worried more about resale.

i need a Mooty kind of buyer for this car. Someone who wants to drive rather than look at the car as a oil painting. I think it has been so trouble free precisely because I actually drove it.
I dont know how your car is still for sale. Maybe the potential for PCCB replacement is scaring people off? Either way, it looks like a great car, and a very well put together FS ad.
Old 05-05-2019 | 10:28 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 299 Posts

i it.
wasn’t referring to your car. Maryland south, not Northeast from where I sit.
I did realize it’s more like a jack-o-lantern (Black/orange), than a pumpkin, but it’s 997.1 RS.

i commented on your FS thread something about loose marbles and selling such a great example again glws

edit. Last pumpkin RS from nj sold on here in a day. List was $120k, and it was a 3.9 or 4.0 build. Orange Crush I think it was called
Old 05-06-2019 | 01:35 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3,015 Likes on 1,786 Posts

Somebody buy my lowly .1 (no overrevs) etc...., so I can take this off LM's hands.
Old 05-07-2019 | 07:33 PM
Godisgr8
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Guys
when I found out the car had hit the wall at Mosport and repairs weren’t done at Porsche approved shop I walked away.
Too many red flags and price reflects the story on the car. Any GTA resident looking at this car should rethink about the purchase. Many risks unless you get it for a song.
Old 05-07-2019 | 09:23 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

The market has changed a lot and has been odd the last 6 months. I have had almost 0 interest in my gt3 for sale that has been exceptionally cared for and built with the highest quality standards. I'm the 2nd owner and have had this car since it was 17k miles on it to it's now 64k miles. But those miles def don't help either now.
Old 05-07-2019 | 11:54 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 661 Likes on 297 Posts

So the $125k price is due to a wreck on the track? I think a few people called this early

So you where able to get your money back after signing/paying?

Originally Posted by Godisgr8
Guys
when I found out the car had hit the wall at Mosport and repairs weren’t done at Porsche approved shop I walked away.
Too many red flags and price reflects the story on the car. Any GTA resident looking at this car should rethink about the purchase. Many risks unless you get it for a song.
Old 05-09-2019 | 01:13 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Guys

How does one walk away after signing and paying for a car. That dealership must be super honest.
Old 05-09-2019 | 09:03 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
How does one walk away after signing and paying for a car. That dealership must be super honest.
This whole thread seems fishy to me......
Old 05-09-2019 | 09:48 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 222 Likes on 147 Posts

Over the years I've learned that when a deal is too good to be true, you better do your due diligence.
There's a CPO 2011 GT3RS for sale at a dealership in MD, and the asking price is $164,800. It's been for sale for a couple of months, so I suppose the dealer would welcome offers. Just a guess but I expect that a high $150Ks offer would be acceptable. I suspect that this price is more representative of what market value is for a 997 GT3RS, at least in my area.
Old 05-09-2019 | 09:52 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 299 Posts

No damage. The car is located in Canada. It was a local purchase. I'm the 3rd Owner.
Very strange, that a purchaser can return a car a week or more after purchase.

And if it was a "local purchase" one would have to assume that buyer inspected the car personally.
Old 05-09-2019 | 10:02 AM
KDAWG97M3
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jackb911
Loose Marble, sadly, I experienced the EXACT same things you have experienced when I marketed my GT3 on Rennlist back in 2016.

For reasons that I still cannot comprehend, attempting to sell a well-kept, privately owned GT3 on this site appears to be an exercise in futility. My Rennlist selling attempt was a magnet for tire kickers, dreamers and lowballer bargain hunters. Like you, I also had two "sure thing" buyers who backed out at the very last minute after promising to buy. The mistake I made was not requiring a non-refundable cash deposit to hold the car. Both buyers were within a 2 hour flight of where I live but steadfastly refused to inspect my car in person after I requested that they do so in order to ensure that there would be no post-delivery issues or misunderstandings.

So....if and when I decide to sell my GT3, it certainly will not be here. And seriously, if I was in a financial position to buy your RS at your very reasonable asking price, I would not hesitate! It is the best value-for-money for what appears to be a super nice, well-kept RS that I have seen in a long, long time. GLWS!
i am regretting selling mine...i feel like i gave it away...i kinda want to send the buyers money back and keep it..the market is slow....i am on to loose marbles car..
Old 05-09-2019 | 01:36 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KDAWG97M3
.i am on to loose marbles car..
You know you want the widebody. I'd be happy to sell the car to a owner that wants to drive and enjoy it as it is meant to be enjoyed. I'm around this weekend. Come see the car!
Old 05-09-2019 | 02:18 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Kdawg, you don’t want that fat orange monstrosity. Come and grab my slim white .1 so I can get that orange one.

Quick Reply: Purchase Price of 997.1 GT3 RS