Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

For Sale: 2007 GT3 RS - Orange with PCCB - 39K mi - Unmodded - $139K - Annapolis, MD

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 11:02 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For Sale: 2007 GT3RS - Orange w/ PCCB - 39K mi - Unmodded w/ ZERO OVERREVS - $144,900

As i am first posting this in this forum before anywhere else I wanted to get feedback on my listing. Any constructive comments are welcomed.

2007 Porsche GT3 RS

Orange

39,400 miles

$129,900

Annapolis, MD

Perfectly clean title in hand. No stories, no drama and a basically original unmolested car. I’m just a guy that owned and loved a great car and now is moving on. Car is clean and original. Maybe not perfect for a vacu-seal collector but if someone wants a driver that remains original this is a good opportunity.

CLEAN DME - ZERO overrevs in any range. See documentation at very bottom of photos in this post.

OPTIONS:

N2 - Orange Paint

78 – Black Full Leather Option

810 – Floor Matts with Porsche Logo

640 – Chrono Package Plus

P16 – PCM 2.1 5.8” infotainment/Navigation screen

450 – PCCB Carbon Ceramic Brakes

P74 – Bi-Xenon headlamps

XME – Orange painted center console

XXZ - Aluminum foot rest

ADDED ACCESSORIES (Removable without any trace):
  • Roll bar kit. RSS Brand 901/30 4-point, painted factory orange. I was told this was installed at the time the car was originally delivered to the 1st owner but I do not have records for this purchase. This kit bolts to the factory seatbelt mounting holes so it requires no cutting/welding/modification to the car. This bar is removable with no evidence left behind if a new owner wanted an absolutely original car.
  • Rennline grill screens to protect radiators (added by me to protect the vulnerable radiators. Seemed crazy they were left completely exposed by the factory.). They are easily removable with no holes or marks left behind if a new owner wanted an absolutely original car.
PREVENTATIVE MAINT/IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Coolant lines pinned (all 6).
HISTORY:

I purchased the car in early 2013 from Porsche of Livermore in San Francisco Bay area. The car had 14,000 miles and was basically perfect with CPO warranty and a DME report showing zeros in all ranges. I was told it was traded in by a wealthy doctor who repeatedly buys and trades cars at the dealership. So I am the 2nd owners starting in 2013 and 14,000 miles.

I put every mile on the car since then and have done all maintenance myself since then. I do have a log book for all maintenance. The car did go to the dealership three times since it arrived in March 2013. The first time was for Maryland state inspection so I could register the car. The 2nd time was for an airbag light that just needed a code to be cleared and never had the issue again. The 3rd time was on the last day of the CPO warranty they replaced all the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensors as they were not working due to dead batteries.

I have never had a mechanical or other issue with the car. I just change the fluids (including transmission) and follow the factory schedule like replacing filters and spark plugs and the car has been running perfectly. The car has been solid as rock since I took delivery in early 2013. I wish my “non-exotic” cars were as trouble free.

I am a casual track day guy. I did do a few days at the track at the rather conservative and laid back Audi Club events. It is fun but due to the value and rarity of the car I ran conservatively with asset preservation #1 on the list at all times. I later decided that it was too risky and started taking my other car to the track instead if I even get a chance to go once a year or so. Total track days I did with this car are 6 but one of those was a rain day and I hardly even left the garage. As you can see there are zero overrevs of any range on the car so the track use was limited and casual in nature.

Other than the 2 removable accessories mentioned above the car is bone stock and original.

CONDITION:

The car is over 10 years old so if you want to find a blemish you could find one or two. Car has had no accidents and no damage. I had a friend with a paint meter go over it and it all is consistent factory finish. The car had clear film on the entire front end including full fenders, full hood, mirrors etc. I recently removed the film to prepare the car for sale as it was over 10 years old and had some yellowing (luckily not a big problem on an orange car.) I was going to have it re-done but I took the time to do some paint correction and polishing. Now I figure I will sell the car without film so the buyer can see the paint naked and then do what he/she wants after purchase.

The lower lip spoiler inevitably touches the ground from time to time so there are some scuffs on the underside of this consumable item. Most of us GT3RS owners consider this a wear item and replace it about once every two years. I can remove and replace it in about 15 minutes.

There are probably 2 or 3 places where you could find a pencil tip sized paint nick or imperfection. Other than that the paint is great without scratches, swirls, etc. The naked carbon on the spoiler is pristine. I recently replaced the GT3RS decal kit due to some visible wear and imperfections in the vinyl decals.

Glass is perfect. Lights are perfect. Wheels have no scratches, curb rash, dents or bends. They do show some micro pitting if you get on your hands and knees and inspect under heavy lighting. I assume this is caused by road grit over time.

PCCB brakes are in good shape. The PCCB rotors are original. I have been very careful to replace pads (at significant expense) well before they could wear down enough to cause an issue with the rotors but they last very well. Last set (full front and rear) was installed at 37,800 miles so only 1,600 miles on them. I did a complete brake fluid flush and fill at that time as well. I love the PCCBs as they give the the car such a light and precision feeling. It seems to make acceleration and change of direction more lively than a steel brake car.

Tires are Michelin Pilot Supersports mounted at 37,386 miles so only about 2,000 miles on them and plenty of tread left. The Pilot Supersports were the closest thing to what was fitted as OEM (Pilot Sport 2s.) They are great tires and plenty of life left.

The interior is very good. The alcantara at the touch areas (wheel and shift ****) has some wear in the sense that the alcantara is not as “fluffy” as it is on the non-touch areas. There are no tears, stains, etc. The leather bolster on the drivers seat shows the inevitable fact that you slide over it more often than any other part of the seats. There are some character lines in the leather but nothing I would call damage. See pictures. The back of the seats do contact the roll bar if pushed all the way back so there are marks on both items from this contact point. There is a mark in the leather dash material near the center vent that you can see under some lighting conditions but usually not noticeable. It was there when I got the car and got past several inspections without notice.

PCM and stereo work as well as they ever did. They are not a highlight of this car as I’m sure you are already aware.

I have all the original keys and the manuals.

At the link below are dozens of pictures in Google album. You can click on any picture to see a larger version.

https://goo.gl/photos/qPMQoPeV8jQsN4zx9

Last edited by LooseMarble; 10-15-2018 at 07:43 AM. Reason: lower price
Old 07-29-2018, 11:16 PM
voodoo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

GLWS! It’s gorgeous.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:32 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 306 Posts

Looks very fairly priced for a gorgeous pumpkin! GLWS!
Old 07-30-2018, 09:33 AM
vtgt
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Glws, seeems very fairly priced for what you are getting. If I was looking for a 3RS right now, I’d be on the phone with you ASAP.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:22 AM
PTSGT3
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Lovely car, great ad. GLWS
Old 07-30-2018, 05:54 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on some feedback via PM and another thread I decided to lower the price to $139K to be sure people know I am actually serious about selling it and not just trolling for fun.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:00 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

You must have a marbleloose if you're selling that beauty. JK, Nice ad - GLWS.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:32 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 540 Posts

Sounds like a GREAT seller.
GLWTS
Old 08-01-2018, 01:37 AM
hillsdonsmith
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn that colour - really makes me want to ditch my gen2 for one of these. Just a happy looking car!

Really well presented - GLWS!
Old 08-07-2018, 06:00 PM
maxbhp
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Great ad and even better looking car. I think it is priced more than fairly, in fact your asking price is the floor for what I think a car like this is worth. Good luck with sale!
Old 08-09-2018, 09:20 AM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

This is an excellent buy for someone. I wish it was me, as an orange 997.1 RS is my dream ride. If only I hadn't retired early.....

I believe that the .1 RS will be as revered as the iconic 1973 Carrera RS in the future.

As the band Roxette so eloquently stated in 1989...."She's got the look!"
Old 08-09-2018, 09:29 AM
Ohio Performance
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 188 Likes on 77 Posts

That is one clean RS! Perfect car. Hope it goes to someone who cares for it like you did! Believe I remember seeing this on AWOT.
2007 C4S F77 Aerokit / 2004 E46 M3 / 2018 M3 comp

Old 08-09-2018, 10:28 AM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Awesome ad/car. You raised the bar on presentation / disclosure. I wish I had never sold my Green RS. I know the "I'd be all over this if" comments may be tiring but I would be all over this GLWS!! JBO
Old 08-09-2018, 10:32 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 150 Posts

Dream car right here.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:55 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Great ad

I'm partial to 7.1rs pumpkins and frogs. Porsche nailed it on iconic looks with this car. One of mg favorite cars for back roads also. Goldilocks amount of power and ability to get the rear end dancing.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 2007 GT3 RS - Orange with PCCB - 39K mi - Unmodded - $139K - Annapolis, MD