Delvac

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 07:40 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by JB911
Just received the oil, bought it from amazon- free shipping, $47.97
It was in fact shipped from Grainger, which oddly lists for $68 on their website
The cap is blue, so another variation from the first pic I posted-
Here's the link
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I was just reading to the end to say that you should just buy it from Grainger. If you look closely, it appears the packaging changed because of a sponsorship deal with NASCAR. Formula hasn't changed according to the Mobil website, where you can view and print MSDS sheets, etc.

There's nothing wrong with Redline NS, but I personally don't like how it shifts on a hot day late in a session. It's too slippery IMO and gets more slick the hotter it gets. It does shift better cold on the street than Delvac as a result. I do sometimes recommend it for a street car oil and wouldn't hesitate to use it on the track a few times a year. But for a track junkie, I would go Delvac. But it 4 at a time and save on the shipping. You will use that much in under a year if you track a lot.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:27 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

FWIW I've used Delvac and the last year switched to Motul 75-140. Both feel same hot. Motul feels better when cold. I change them both very often.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:21 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 315 Posts

I thought about Liquid-Moly but didn't find info on people using it-main decision is also Porsche approval-in any case, I imagine that after draining, some of the original oil remains and will mix with the Delvac-
I haven't even hit 20K miles yet, no tracking-just thought it would be good to do it now. Can't beat the free shipping, thought it was a special deal and Amazon wanted to lure me back-I haven't used them in years.

Quick Reply: Delvac