Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

On way to pick up GT3!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 03:40 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 503 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by 911ist
Delete. Man, the boards attachment function needs some work!
What a honey. Drive in good health.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:15 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 307 Posts

Congrats, have fun
Old 04-17-2018, 12:45 PM
GM.RS
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 112 Posts

Congrats! More pics from it's FS thread for everyone to drool over: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...condition.html
Old 04-17-2018, 06:51 PM
Matrog
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Great color choice !

I have to say.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:08 PM
Excusem3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the club....I pulled the trigger on my first GT last year and can't imagine driving anything else...maybe upgrade to 4.0RS one day

Last edited by Excusem3; 04-19-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:30 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Other than the 4.0 the narrow body is the car to get. Less weight less drag. And a more powerful engine is easy to build. Porsche got complacement in the 996\997 era. I had the first or second RS in the US. Always said I'd build my own narrow body RS. I'm doing that now. If this Meteor grey GT3 was available when I bought mine I probably would have bough the grey 3.8. I don't want a wide body. You can run the same tires wheels suspension etc. Aerodynamics and weight rule. I like the new new new PTS my wallet is bigger than yours. What the hell are Voodoo Blue and Miami Blue. Nonsense colors to appease non true car loves who post adds to compare subtle nuances between silly colors. Porsche has been sticking a hot poker up its customers rectum since the mid 2000s. It's sad because they are biting the mouth that feeds them. Every market is cyclical. Evo the Porsche "Bible" is reselling against this planned obsolescence model. This will set the stage for a backlash in the next downturn. I hope Porsche can remain independent. Ugly times in Weissach. UGLY!
Old 04-18-2018, 01:18 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by gt2-josh
Other than the 4.0 the narrow body is the car to get. Less weight less drag. And a more powerful engine is easy to build. Porsche got complacement in the 996\997 era. I had the first or second RS in the US. Always said I'd build my own narrow body RS. I'm doing that now. If this Meteor grey GT3 was available when I bought mine I probably would have bough the grey 3.8. I don't want a wide body. You can run the same tires wheels suspension etc. Aerodynamics and weight rule. I like the new new new PTS my wallet is bigger than yours. What the hell are Voodoo Blue and Miami Blue. Nonsense colors to appease non true car loves who post adds to compare subtle nuances between silly colors. Porsche has been sticking a hot poker up its customers rectum since the mid 2000s. It's sad because they are biting the mouth that feeds them. Every market is cyclical. Evo the Porsche "Bible" is reselling against this planned obsolescence model. This will set the stage for a backlash in the next downturn. I hope Porsche can remain independent. Ugly times in Weissach. UGLY!
By the time you figure that all the upgrades still don't put it on par with an rs, you will figure too that you could had almost bought a 4.0.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:40 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Not true. You can build a more powerful RS with better everything from dramatically less than an RS. I have no idea what you mean.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:35 PM
TheSilverFox
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Should start a thread on your build!
Old 04-18-2018, 11:36 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 911ist
I guess some of the pictures didn't upload for some reason...anyway, made it home! Man, what a fun car. Can't wait to have some real fun with it ;-p
911ist, Yes! I'm glad you like it! I love the pics of it in the wild.

Enjoy!
Old 04-19-2018, 12:24 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

It's the first time I've seen it and I absolutely love the red painted center console with the red belts, cage and calipers, and the Meteor Gray exterior. Such a great way to apply accents.
Enjoy in good health!
Old 04-19-2018, 02:53 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

Well done!
Old 04-19-2018, 03:20 PM
911ist
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone! Kudos to the RL community as the previous owners of this car was extremely helpful to provide insights of the car prior to my purchase. I knew exactly what I was getting and all the owners kept detailed service history of all minor/major services which to me is invaluable. I have a binder for each of my cars and glad this one came with one as well.

Since I had back to back driving experiences between the Boxster and GT3 ( I know, apples and oranges) I was kinda surprised on how quiet the GT3 was compared to the Boxster GTS. The GTS exhaust sounded louder. I love the GT3's shifter and steering feedback and the whole package just feels so right....it just feels like a very comfortable track monster. Waaaaay more livable than my RX-7 track car.

I could have gotten a RS but I actually prefer the narrow body of the 997. Just my preference. Now, I gotta figure out why I can't pair my iphone to the PCM...
Old 04-20-2018, 12:57 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Not true. You can build a more powerful RS with better everything from dramatically less than an RS. I have no idea what you mean.
You might be right, was really thinking on 4.0 upgrades.
new ratios, intake, lwfw, headers and the gt3 is already faster. Add coilovers, solid mounts and all those tricks and it becomes def better. You might be just right.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:08 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

I'm with you 911ist. The NB is where it's at and you got a RL legend. Look at Tom's build. Another NB. I know collectibility is one thing but a wide body isn't buying you anything except weight and drag. If you like the WB looks better then I won't argue. But I genuinely like the NB. Anyway no point in cluttering what is a great moment for the buyer of this car.

Quick Reply: On way to pick up GT3!