Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

For Sale: 18" Fikse Forged wheels for 997.1RS widebody with Hoosier R7 ready to roll

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 01:30 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SOLD: 18" Fikse Forged wheels for 997.1RS widebody with Hoosier R7 ready to roll

SOLD

7/29/18 - Price Drop to $2,800. I'll also sells wheels alone for $2,500 if you want me to dismount tires and ship just the wheels.

I have decided that I am no longer going to track my RS for a variety of reasons. I had a couple fun events but I have many other hobbies and this one doesn't align very well with my family and their interests. For sale here is a set of 18" forged wheels made custom for a 997.1 RS with 5-lug for widebody.

I measured the wheels myself:
Front 9x18" +50mm offset
Rear 12x18" +41mm offset

They were custom made by Fikse specifically for a 997.1 RS and they fit perfectly including OVER PCCBs. You can see in the later pictures some shots of the wheels mounted to my car showing fitment. I have no rubbing issues with an aggressive street alignment. Tires are Hoosier R7 DOT track/race radials in 245/35-18 and 315/30-18. They fit fine and are very close to original rolling diameter of stock tires so no issues with ABS or DSC etc. There is just no drama - the wheels were made custom for the car and the tires fit perfectly and you just bolt them up and go. They are balanced and ready to run.

Price: $2,500 firm net to me. You cover shipping or pickup in Annapolis, MD. If you want to use a payment method that has fees you can cover the fees.
I will provide materials and labor to palletize the wheels with proper protection and banding and arrange for truck freight service. It should also be possible to ship them one at a time view UPS or FedEx ground service but that may be just as expensive or more. If you can't receive a pallet at home or work you can have the palletized freight held at the local depot for whatever trucking line we use (like Old Dominion for example.). They you just go to their terminal and pickup the shipment by breaking it down and taking the loose wheels/tires.

The Fikse model is Contour C113 (they are 13 spoke). From Fikse: "The Contour series of wheels, which was originally designed for and proven in the most demanding racing environments, is now available for your street vehicle. Initially used only on Daytona Prototypes, this series of wheels has been re-worked to provide the serious street and track racer an opportunity to push the limits."

I don't know the weight other than they are much lighter than OEM.

Wheels are in very good condition with only a few track events on them. The detailed pictures below should tell the story. The tires mounted were used for one event and have plenty of life left. They are stored indoors in my basement to keep them warm/safe for more use. The wheels may have a small mark here or there but no notable scratches, gouges, dents, scuffs, or bends of any kind. If anything looks like a mark or damage in the photos check another view because the reflections make some highlights appear around the spokes. The wheels are straight and true and balance no problem. Tires are "dry mounted" by guys who know what they are doing with track setups.

I'm not sure what else I can say so on to the pictures.

View of all four from many angles:

Front wheel 1:

2nd Front wheel:

First rear wheel:

2nd rear wheel:

Here are a couple of pictures of the wheel mounted on the car:

Last edited by LooseMarble; 08-22-2018 at 10:58 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 03-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Excusem3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gawd...wonder if these will fit my non-RS GT3...
Old 03-20-2018, 08:40 AM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Originally Posted by Excusem3
I am no expert but I seriously doubt it. 315 is a lot of meat even in the wide fenders.

This should be a easy buy for a .1 RS owner as they are just right without any monkeying around.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:53 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

No interest? I thought this would be an easy sell. Great set of turn-key track wheels for a 5-lug RS owner.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:01 PM
boochook
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Are you willing to sell without the tires? Located near Dulles Airport so I’m local. I have a 997.1 GT3 do agree 315’s would be much for my car but looking for extra set to mount Street tires on. Just not sure if these will fit with different size tire. Also have PCCB’s.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:35 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Originally Posted by boochook
Are you willing to sell without the tires? Located near Dulles Airport so I’m local. I have a 997.1 GT3 do agree 315’s would be much for my car but looking for extra set to mount Street tires on. Just not sure if these will fit with different size tire. Also have PCCB’s.
As the tires have so much life in them I think it makes more sense to leave them mounted up for a buyer to use as a set. Thanks for the interest.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:36 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

I measured the wheels and updated the original posting:

Front 9x18" +50mm offset
Rear 12x18" +41mm offset
Old 04-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,007 Likes on 537 Posts

What a great deal.

I run Fikse on my 996 GT3 and they are both lighter and have held up well on the street.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:16 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Well, since there are no takers for the set I guess I'm open to this option. $2,500.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:47 PM
surlynkid
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Excusem3
the fronts will fit fine as is. the 315 rears are no problem even with lowered cars, but not on those wheels. you need a different rear offset. ET59 is what I have from Forgeline in 18x12 with 315/30-18.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:29 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Still available. Would like to see someone get some use from these this season.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:45 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LooseMarble
Well, since there are no takers for the set I guess I'm open to this option. $2,500.
Great deal!

wish they fit my car
Old 06-12-2018, 08:40 PM
LooseMarble
Instructor

still available.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:11 AM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Bump for price reduction. I thought price was very fair but no takers so trying it a little lower.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:12 AM
LooseMarble
Instructor

Hey boochook. I've decided I will sell without tires for $2,500. Can meet you half way from Annapolis to Dulles or I'll buy you a been in Annap if you schlep all the way over.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 18" Fikse Forged wheels for 997.1RS widebody with Hoosier R7 ready to roll