Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RSS Tarmac Series | Stage 2 Suspension Package (TS-2) | In Stock!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 07:29 PM
RSSmike
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Lightbulb RSS Tarmac Series | Stage 2 Suspension Package (TS-2) | In Stock!

RSS Tarmac Series Stage 2 Suspension Package (TS-2) In Stock!

RSS TARMAC SERIES Stage 2 Suspension Package - Multiple Motorsport Championship Winner (Sports Car / Rally / Endurance Racing).

The RSS TS-2 Series Package - The suspension of choice for motorsport teams, tuners, track day junkies, and driving enthusiasts.

- 2015 PIRELLI WORLD CHALLENGE TC CHAMPIONS

- 2014 FIA SPANISH RALLY TARMAC CHAMPIONS

- 2013 ROLEX GRAND-AM GX CHAMPIONS

TS-2: (996-997/Turbo/GT2/GT3) https://roadsportsupply.com/rss-suspension-systems/

TS-2-BC https://roadsportsupply.com/rss-suspension-systems/

TS-2-BC981 (981) https://roadsportsupply.com/rss-suspension-systems/

TS-2-GT4 (GT4) https://roadsportsupply.com/rss-suspension-systems/

FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Completely Serviceable: For the extreme, repetitive track day enthusiast or racer, our high strength
steel alloy spherical bearings (with a friction reducing, longevity increasing Teflon liner) can be replaced
unlike the motorsports arms, in which case a new set of arms will need to be purchased if the
spherical bearings are worn out.
• Adjustable Suspension Geometry: Adjust dynamic camber values and roll center heights with our
unique zinc plated steel bushings.
• Solid Monoball Control Arm Ends: Offers better handling and a more responsive suspension over the
factory one-piece rubber injected control arm by eliminating bushing deflection (also uses the same
high strength steel alloy spherical bearing found in our control arm monoball kit).
• 6061 Aerospace Grade Billet Aluminum Construction: Allows for a more uniform molecular structure
at every point of the arm over the cast components providing a more durable and inherently
stronger part. Manufacturing from billet aluminum rather than casting results in fewer impurities in the aluminum.

Last edited by RSSmike; 09-18-2019 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:29 PM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts
Default RSS Tarmac Kit

I have the complete kit plus the semi-solid motor mounts on my street-only 2007 RS. It has made the steering feel far sharper and tighter - an opinion mirrored by the Porsche 'master' mechanic who did the install and alignment. Although I never felt the car was 'sloppy' by any means, the addition of these components improved the overall composure of the car, it really seems to make it ride smoother - maybe due to the elimination of all those rubber bushings that 'load up' as they twist under load? Who knows, but the improvement was very noticeable. About 15K miles on them so far, and no problems yet. I will inspect them when I install the DSC Tractive shocks/struts, so I can assess any wear at that point.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:59 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by HarmonyJim
I have the complete kit plus the semi-solid motor mounts on my street-only 2007 RS. It has made the steering feel far sharper and tighter - an opinion mirrored by the Porsche 'master' mechanic who did the install and alignment. Although I never felt the car was 'sloppy' by any means, the addition of these components improved the overall composure of the car, it really seems to make it ride smoother - maybe due to the elimination of all those rubber bushings that 'load up' as they twist under load? Who knows, but the improvement was very noticeable. About 15K miles on them so far, and no problems yet. I will inspect them when I install the DSC Tractive shocks/struts, so I can assess any wear at that point.
Hi Jim, Did you pick up any extra noise and ride harshness? Hard to believe you didn't in street use after losing the rubber...
Old 01-23-2018, 11:41 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Pardon my ignorance, but what improvement(s) can one expect from the LCAs? Unbeknownst to me, my car came with rear dog bones already installed and I have the front bump steer and rear toe links being installed this week to accommodate a .25" - .05" drop after my E07s are installed. Just wondering if I should go "all the way" or if the aforementioned setup is sufficient.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:01 PM
RSSmike
Former Vendor

Thanks for the mention Jim, glad to hear the RSS TS-2 Package + 624 Semi Solid Engine Mounts are serving you well!

Per your observations, the overall vehicle composure and ride quality with monoball suspension surprises a lot of people!
Old 02-09-2018, 01:33 AM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Hi Jim, Did you pick up any extra noise and ride harshness? Hard to believe you didn't in street use after losing the rubber...
I have noticed no extra ride harshness or noise at all. Actually, it was exactly the opposite. I realize this is counter intuitive, but it really did seem smoother, with no increased noise, in all situations. I have received my Tractive DDAs with my DSC controller and accelerometer, so it will be really interesting to see the improvement.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:32 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 301 Likes on 182 Posts

I've got the full set of RSS on my car and am very happy with them. High quality and great prices.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:28 PM
RSSmike
Former Vendor

Default RSS TS-2 Suspension System | Back In Stock!

Originally Posted by ngng
I've got the full set of RSS on my car and am very happy with them. High quality and great prices.
Ngng, glad your are enjoying the RSS TS-2 system.

We completed the manufacturing of more TS-2 kits and have them in stock once again!

http://roadsportsupply.com/ts-2-stag...-997-1-gt3-rs/
Old 10-10-2018, 04:41 PM
voodoo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Next on the list, mike!
Old 10-11-2018, 06:26 PM
RSSmike
Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by voodoo
Next on the list, mike!
For sure Ryan, the RSS Kit will pair up nicely with the Eibach Anti Sway Bars!
Old 09-18-2019, 02:13 PM
RSSmike
Former Vendor

BACK IN STOCK!

RSS Tarmac Series Stage 2 Suspension Package (TS-2)

RSS TARMAC SERIES Stage 2 Suspension Package - Multiple Motorsport Championship Winner (Sports Car / Rally / Endurance Racing).

The RSS TS-2 Series Package - The suspension of choice for motorsport teams, tuners, track day junkies, and driving enthusiasts.

- 2015 PIRELLI WORLD CHALLENGE TC CHAMPIONS

- 2014 FIA SPANISH RALLY TARMAC CHAMPIONS

- 2013 ROLEX GRAND-AM GX CHAMPIONS

TS-2: (996-997/Turbo/GT2/GT3) https://roadsportsupply.com/rss-suspension-systems/

TS-2-BC https://roadsportsupply.com/rss-suspension-systems/

TS-2-BC981 (981) https://roadsportsupply.com/rss-suspension-systems/

TS-2-GT4 (GT4) https://roadsportsupply.com/rss-suspension-systems/

FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Completely Serviceable: For the extreme, repetitive track day enthusiast or racer, our high strength
steel alloy spherical bearings (with a friction reducing, longevity increasing Teflon liner) can be replaced
unlike the motorsports arms, in which case a new set of arms will need to be purchased if the
spherical bearings are worn out.
• Adjustable Suspension Geometry: Adjust dynamic camber values and roll center heights with our
unique zinc plated steel bushings.
• Solid Monoball Control Arm Ends: Offers better handling and a more responsive suspension over the
factory one-piece rubber injected control arm by eliminating bushing deflection (also uses the same
high strength steel alloy spherical bearing found in our control arm monoball kit).
• 6061 Aerospace Grade Billet Aluminum Construction: Allows for a more uniform molecular structure
at every point of the arm over the cast components providing a more durable and inherently
stronger part. Manufacturing from billet aluminum rather than casting results in fewer impurities in the aluminum.

Quick Reply: RSS Tarmac Series | Stage 2 Suspension Package (TS-2) | In Stock!