Prices continue to be strong for 7.1 GT3s

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 12:47 PM
Henley1
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
stock or backdated? :-)
not back dated. It' the one in my avatar. Factory non sunroof ice green car. Coffin seats . Every wevo part and rennline valve covers. Arp bolts in engine. New ssi and dansk. Nothing crazy just a solid fast (keeps up with or faster then a few 997 c4s I drive with) car. Sc flairs. Fuchs 7x16 8x16. Re11s. Can kick it up for 500km drives and dosent miss a beat. But the gt3 has stolen all my time. So it sits now. Just writing this makes me want to drive it tho. Lol
Old 11-29-2017, 07:52 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
reg gt3? ha! no. when u can get a 991.1 gt3 with a 10yr warranty for ~$130k no market is supporting that except for cherry examples. "but blah blah mezger..blah blah raw...." sry not happening
No interest in the 991.1. Based on the high numbers built and the issues with the engine - would anticipate futhrer decline in value.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:55 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Finalized my deal today; the good news is $157,050.MSRP; trade in $91,000. on my 2014 GT3 with 23,000. miles (7K track) YIKES.
Showed me lots of data on dealer wholesale prices on my car at $83,000. There are 247 .1's for sale from $115K to MSRP on CarsGuru alone
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...y-haircut.html
Old 12-07-2017, 06:39 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by motopt22
Youll know in a week!
88.5K I wouldn't let mine go for that. Still wondering how the black one went for 130k, must have had the frunk stuffed full of coke.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
It think really the 997 GT3 is an undervalued car. So at this point, pricing will fluctuate.
My advise to anyone who has a 997 GT3, drive it and maintain it. The next porsche owner will reward you for it. Big $$$.

Agree. I have driven all variants and the 997.1 is my favorite, just pure fun to drive. My hope is to own a 997.1 GT3 for a long time.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:08 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullitt44
Agree. I have driven all variants and the 997.1 is my favorite, just pure fun to drive. My hope is to own a 997.1 GT3 for a long time.
I've had mine five years now, street only, no track. Almost sold it twice but eventually I came to my senses and decided to hang onto it indefinitely. It's future value is a non-issue for me. This is the first non-air cooled Porsche I've kept for more than a relatively short period of time and while it is not nearly as raw as, say, a 3.2 Carrera, the 997.1 GT3 does a pretty darn good job of capturing (and exceeding) the essence of what what was so mesmerizing about those wonderful luftgekühlt Porsches. I cannot say that about a modern non-GT Porsche.

So, what do I like most about the 997.1 GT3? The simple, clean styling, the free-revving and near-bulletproof Mezger engine, the sound, the rifle-bolt shifter, the relatively compact size, the ease of general maintenance, the cornering and acceleration, the interior comfort and ergonomics and it's relative affordability. Bang for the buck, if you will. For the money, there is just no other car out there that I would rather have.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:25 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE=jackb911;14657439]I've had mine five years now, street only, no track. Almost sold it twice but eventually I came to my senses and decided to hang onto it indefinitely. It's future value is a non-issue for me. This is the first non-air cooled Porsche I've kept for more than a relatively short period of time and while it is not nearly as raw as, say, a 3.2 Carrera, the 997.1 GT3 does a pretty darn good job of capturing (and exceeding) the essence of what what was so mesmerizing about those wonderful luftgekühlt Porsches. I cannot say that about a modern non-GT Porsche.

So, what do I like most about the 997.1 GT3? The simple, clean styling, the free-revving and near-bulletproof Mezger engine, the sound, the rifle-bolt shifter, the relatively compact size, the ease of general maintenance, the cornering and acceleration, the interior comfort and ergonomics and it's relative affordability. Bang for the buck, if you will. For the money, there is just no other car out there that I would rather have.
/QUOTE]

I agree with what you say. There is just another car I would say that fits the "bang for the buck" category, and that is a 997 Turbo Manual which shares a Mezger too. For $70k you can get a garage queen with enough torque to pull your eyeballs out, you get the idea.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

Interesting point there thxbuff.
If you're into max acceleration, the Turbo will take you there.

But, the GT3 has the instantaneous pedal response of the naturally aspirated Mezger and an added 1800 rpm to red-line.
That....... is a huge part of the experience.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:06 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Originally Posted by grizfish
Interesting point there thxbuff.
If you're into max acceleration, the Turbo will take you there.

But, the GT3 has the instantaneous pedal response of the naturally aspirated Mezger and an added 1800 rpm to red-line.
That....... is a huge part of the experience.
I have a .2 RS so I get what youre saying about the NA but I beg some of you, just for a 997 TT, try driving one.

You would not believe the experience. A GT3 and a TT are different animals.

But you cannot do 60 mph to 80 mph on 6th gear in 1 sec for a GT3, not even my RS.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:32 AM
mootsvamootsrsl
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks like i'll be selling mine
Old 12-09-2017, 01:32 PM
jasonturbo
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 28 Posts

Prices for 997 GT3's continue to be supported by unscrupulous dealers asking 20K+ over MSRP on 991.2 GT3.

I'm in the running for a 991.2 GT3 @ my dealer, assuming I was willing to pay them the 20K over ask they are looking for, with my relatively meager config and sales tax I would be well over 230K CAD... by contrast a relatively low mile and well cared for 997.1 GT3 for 130K CAD represents a bit of a bargain IMO.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mootsvamootsrsl
I dont think youll have a hard time. Don't see many Speed Yellow cars come up for sale. Looks really nice!
Old 12-09-2017, 09:54 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Originally Posted by mootsvamootsrsl
Can you post any interior pics?
Old 12-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 997 Likes on 530 Posts

A bit of an emotional subject. However, everyone wants to think their cars are going strong with resale value and the truth is that the lower production numbers make it difficult, at best, to determine a trend. Harder still with a datapoint of one, as stated in the original post.

The truth of the matter is that any real increase in value won't happen for another decade or two and the drivers for that are not going to be easy to determine. The sudden rise in the air-cooled cars was probably fueled by Boomers and Generation Xs that finally accrued sizable wealth, then it became a trend.

Go to the 996 GT3 board and they will try to convince you that these cars will suddenly jump in price because they are the last of the true raw GT cars. The 997 board will tell you the same precisely for the same reason when compared to the 991. Wait five years and see what the 991 board says.

Every generation of the GT cars are special and each newer generation gives something better to the market as far as performance goes. You can't knock that. People find their own level based on their available capital and personal preferences and dig deep to justify their position by what are really trivial differences in the marque when you think about it. They are all Porsches and every turn of the wheel improves performance, which is the only real reason Porsche can offer to trade up.

Maybe in twenty years my GT3 will be worth something, but I'm not holding on to it as part of an investment portfolio, so with 127K on the clock I am just driving the hell out of it. That's what Porsche intended for it.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Henley1
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Marv
A bit of an emotional subject. However, everyone wants to think their cars are going strong with resale value and the truth is that the lower production numbers make it difficult, at best, to determine a trend. Harder still with a datapoint of one, as stated in the original post.

The truth of the matter is that any real increase in value won't happen for another decade or two and the drivers for that are not going to be easy to determine. The sudden rise in the air-cooled cars was probably fueled by Boomers and Generation Xs that finally accrued sizable wealth, then it became a trend.

Go to the 996 GT3 board and they will try to convince you that these cars will suddenly jump in price because they are the last of the true raw GT cars. The 997 board will tell you the same precisely for the same reason when compared to the 991. Wait five years and see what the 991 board says.

Every generation of the GT cars are special and each newer generation gives something better to the market as far as performance goes. You can't knock that. People find their own level based on their available capital and personal preferences and dig deep to justify their position by what are really trivial differences in the marque when you think about it. They are all Porsches and every turn of the wheel improves performance, which is the only real reason Porsche can offer to trade up.

Maybe in twenty years my GT3 will be worth something, but I'm not holding on to it as part of an investment portfolio, so with 127K on the clock I am just driving the hell out of it. That's what Porsche intended for it.
yes..1000%

Quick Reply: Prices continue to be strong for 7.1 GT3s