Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Does anyone know this GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 05:04 PM
Esq.
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumping an old thread but I drove this car earlier this week while my C2S was there for service. I've been lusting for a GT3 for some time. They've dropped the price to 87K. I agree with some of the other comments that the exterior did seem a bit rough looking, but i don't think its anything a good detailer couldn't fix. The interior seemed a bit worn too. Seems to me this is more of a 79Kish car. Car has been sitting there a while now but it still doesn't seem like they're willing to deal on it.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:14 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Esq.
Bumping an old thread but I drove this car earlier this week while my C2S was there for service. I've been lusting for a GT3 for some time. They've dropped the price to 87K. I agree with some of the other comments that the exterior did seem a bit rough looking, but i don't think its anything a good detailer couldn't fix. The interior seemed a bit worn too. Seems to me this is more of a 79Kish car. Car has been sitting there a while now but it still doesn't seem like they're willing to deal on it.
I keep checking up on this one every now and then to see if it's still there. They've had it at $87k for a while now and the car's been there for at least 9 months. How did it feel driving it? For what it's worth, when I was looking into it, they said they would pin the coolant lines as part of the purchase. Of course, that was also back when they were asking $99k but I bet they would still do it.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:18 PM
Esq.
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
I keep checking up on this one every now and then to see if it's still there. They've had it at $87k for a while now and the car's been there for at least 9 months. How did it feel driving it? For what it's worth, when I was looking into it, they said they would pin the coolant lines as part of the purchase. Of course, that was also back when they were asking $99k but I bet they would still do it.
Well I don’t have much seat time in these cars but it felt all there to me. The motor was very responsive, it seemed to track fine, brakes were good and it sounded amazing. The steering is very direct and super responsive. The car just seems to thrum underneath you. The only thing I had a hard time with was the high clutch engagement. It grabs at the very top of the pedal travel. Is that normal on these cars?

Overall mechanically I bet it’s good. The condition is is just so so. It’s not a show car by any means but I bet it’d be a great track car that someone could enjoy while holding its value. They told me the prior owner bought it to do DEs and the ride height is set super low. I had to turn around in a parking lot and I couldn’t even make it up the slight incline at the entrance without scraping. The carfax is also a concern because the car has a story.

Last edited by Esq.; 05-10-2018 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:31 PM
bittrl1000
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The only thing I had a hard time with was the high clutch engagement. It grabs at the very top of the pedal travel. Is that normal on these ?
I just moved from a 991.1 C2S to a 997.2 GT3, and yes, the GT3 clutch starts to disengage the engine very early in the pedal travel compared to that of the carrera.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:10 PM
jason95R
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 103 Posts

If you guys were to purchase this car what would be the most you would pay? Knowing that the car needs a little reconditioning and also should have the coolant pipes welded/pinned?

I keep coming back to this car but don't want to end up with a money pit. I'm thinking of having a PPI/Paint Meter check done and then potentially making an offer if all that checks out. If the front paint shows more signs of repair I would probably end up passing.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:00 AM
Esq.
Advanced

I was at the dealer yesterday having my 991 serviced and they told me the GT3 is sold. Apparently it’s making its was to the west coast somewhere.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:50 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,717 Posts

The only thing I had a hard time with was the high clutch engagement. It grabs at the very top of the pedal travel. Is that normal on these cars?

Clutch is worn and would need replacement

Quick Reply: Does anyone know this GT3?