Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.2 GT3 IPE exhaust o2 bank 1/2 not ready.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:13 PM
Behemoth
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 997.2 GT3 IPE exhaust o2 bank 1/2 not ready.

I have a 2010 GT3 with full IPE headers back exhaust. I was cel light free for about 3k miles however now the light is on. I put the exhaust and fabspeed intake on and did not get it tuned immediately.
The light came on for P0430 and P0420. I tried o2 spacers which did nothing. I then did an OTS Cobb AP stage 1 tune which did nothing. I have heard that the cats can’t be coded out through an Accessport or ProTune for my model year.
So what options am I left with now? Can the cats be coded out with another software/program? Or am I stuck for life with this CEL?
The whole exhaust has 3-4K miles on it and I haven’t heard of anyone else with the IPE system having bad cats.

Should I try the fabspeed catted o2 spacer? Or once I get the car dyno tuned, will the Air/Fuel ratios and everything sort out the o2 sensor problem once tuned?

There has to be something to get rid of this light.
I apologize if this is a newb or repeated question.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:49 AM
boostedt0y
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a 2010 Gt3 with headers and high flow cats. My car threw the same codes and I had them coded out using the Cobb access port so it is possible. Fabspeed made a custom tune for my car and initially the car was throwing the codes. Fabspeed was not able to address the issue and Cobb stepped in to take care of CEL.

After you installed the o2 spacers did you make sure to clear the codes with your Cobb accessport? The codes won't just go away after you install the o2 spacers. If you haven't done so yet, clear the codes with the accessport and see if the CEL is thrown again with the 02 spacers installed.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:28 AM
Behemoth
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I cleared the codes before and after the spacers. Then cleared them again and again running it through the drive cycles specified on the boards here to no avail.
Funny, Fabspeed keeps telling me they can’t do anything about the CEL. I’m beginning to think they are just saying that in email because it’s unethical but to this day they say “the cats cannot be coded out using the Cobb AP” and with that they are slower than me trying to face Michael Phelps across my neighbors Walmart blow up pool in replying.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:10 PM
boostedt0y
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Behemoth
Yeah I cleared the codes before and after the spacers. Then cleared them again and again running it through the drive cycles specified on the boards here to no avail.
Funny, Fabspeed keeps telling me they can’t do anything about the CEL. I’m beginning to think they are just saying that in email because it’s unethical but to this day they say “the cats cannot be coded out using the Cobb AP” and with that they are slower than me trying to face Michael Phelps across my neighbors Walmart blow up pool in replying.
Check pm
Old 10-20-2017, 02:42 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

high flow cats most likely will throw codes at some point.
solutions:
Cobb accessport tune with readiness flag disabled for o2 readiness (or other tune) - this is a track use only setup :-)
put real cats on
fiddle with extenders or those mini cat things which may or may not work
Old 07-16-2018, 09:41 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Im running into a similar issue in that I recently got a CEL for cat sensor, only Im on stock headers with mufflers removed. If this comes up after again clearing, is it going to cause issues if I keep driving on it IE at the track for the rest of the day or out in the canyons?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3 IPE exhaust o2 bank 1/2 not ready.