Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Monterey 2017 Porsche 4.0 Market

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 08:29 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,101 Likes on 545 Posts

Fair point. Only time I really care about what prices are doing is if I want to trade something out. Never look at it as an investment; for me it's an equation of how much capital I'm willing to tie up, how much hassle I'm willing to put up with to have as many different driving experience variety that I can reasonably get use of. Lately I've been moving towards fewer, higher impact cars. So, price is kinda relevant but just as part of the equation to feed my habit.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:46 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Fair point. Only time I really care about what prices are doing is if I want to trade something out. Never look at it as an investment; for me it's an equation of how much capital I'm willing to tie up, how much hassle I'm willing to put up with to have as many different driving experience variety that I can reasonably get use of. Lately I've been moving towards fewer, higher impact cars. So, price is kinda relevant but just as part of the equation to feed my habit.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:55 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
Have you driven yours yet? I'm awaiting some feedback?

I just bought a 2k miles 3.8RS and really enjoy it. I am 99% sure that I will buy a 4.0 as well. I've heard from Mooty that there is a huge difference.

As far as prices, the market has gotten soft. Premium is probably for cars with under 2k miles?
There's a reason the RS owner with the WORST car ADD on the planet (i.e. MOOTY) still has his.

I rode around the block with Martin in his. It's a very special car. Power delivery, feel, even sitting in passenger seat you can feel it.

As far as cars? My limit is 4. 3 would be better. any more than 4 and I can't enjoy them. Lets me have 1 of the 'best I can afford' of the different genres.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:34 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,703 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Just around the block a few times. Car got fully detailed with paint protection and I'm waiting for the fully wrap to get installed. The car does sound different, has more power/torque, and suspension feels different.
u mean i am not just imagining and telling you BS all these years?
Old 08-23-2017, 01:11 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 654 Likes on 293 Posts

I can barely find the time to drive one let alone 2 or 3.

Originally Posted by Spyerx
There's a reason the RS owner with the WORST car ADD on the planet (i.e. MOOTY) still has his.

I rode around the block with Martin in his. It's a very special car. Power delivery, feel, even sitting in passenger seat you can feel it.

As far as cars? My limit is 4. 3 would be better. any more than 4 and I can't enjoy them. Lets me have 1 of the 'best I can afford' of the different genres.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

After owning way too many, I agree 4 is my limit to own with the purpose of truly driving them; not counting DD's; 4 toys. I'm almost there. Anything beyond 4 starts to feel wasteful as a driver. I learned I'm not a collector. It brings me no joy; only headache and thrill of "the deal", which brings me more headache once deal is consummated. I have one left that I know is somewhat duplicative and unnecessary but I can't bring myself to let it go.......yet.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
After owning way too many, I agree 4 is my limit to own with the purpose of truly driving them; not counting DD's; 4 toys. I'm almost there. Anything beyond 4 starts to feel wasteful as a driver. I learned I'm not a collector. It brings me no joy; only headache and thrill of "the deal", which brings me more headache once deal is consummated. I have one left that I know is somewhat duplicative and unnecessary but I can't bring myself to let it go.......yet.
997 4.0 is last car I'd ever sell. Mine is no collector. I've learned collector quality cars make me nervous and end up being a fun sponge for me. I feel guilty to drive them and scared to death I get even a microscopic blemish.......BORING! I'm one car shy of only owning very good quality drivers.

Yes, somehow I managed to reply to my own post.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:03 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,272 Likes on 612 Posts

I bought the white car. No overrevs. Pccb. Buckets. Just wish it was a radio delete car.

I already have another black car inbound.

Everyone in the room was bidding on Ferraris and somehow the 918 went for 1.8+ with buyers premium.

The RS cars (964/993) were accident damage cars. Turds.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:56 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I bought the white car. No overrevs. Pccb. Buckets. Just wish it was a radio delete car.

Everyone in the room was bidding on Ferraris and somehow the 918 went for 1.8+ with buyers premium.

Nice buy
Old 08-23-2017, 08:22 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

I couldn't agree more. I need to learn to say no. Grass is not always greener. LOL
Old 08-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
u mean i am not just imagining and telling you BS all these years?
You're making it tough. I just bought a mint 3.8, thank you mr. mooty.
I agree on 4 car limit. I'm down to 12 cars plus 1DD for me,2 DD for wife ( she never drives) and many motorcycles. I'm not sure how I got here?
Old 08-23-2017, 10:12 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

I'm interested.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:35 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Bought a used M&M center muffler with side delete pipes for the 4.0 as I don't want to blow a hole in the TI muffler when it's track time.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:55 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Mmmmmmm. Radio delete.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:30 AM
mclaudio
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
I couldn't agree more. I need to learn to say no. Grass is not always greener. LOL
Originally Posted by Igooz
You're making it tough. I just bought a mint 3.8, thank you mr. mooty.
I agree on 4 car limit. I'm down to 12 cars plus 1DD for me,2 DD for wife ( she never drives) and many motorcycles. I'm not sure how I got here?

Interesting data points on limiting cars to 3 or 4. I'm in the same boat; at 5, cars became a chore not a hobby. In fact, with current pursuits, my sweet spot is 3. As car hobby budget increases, cars may get more expensive but the number stays the same.

Quick Reply: Monterey 2017 Porsche 4.0 Market