Received 3,446 Likes on 2,252 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwtye
Convert to a Movit ceramic setup.
+1 at around 30k
Old 08-21-2017, 02:57 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

We highly recommend Surface Transforms Rotors.

They are standard equipment on the Koenigsegg Agera/Regera models, BAC Mono, NIO EP9, and the upcoming Aston Martin Valkyrie. They are available as OEM replacements for a range of of Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, and the Nissan GTR.

We are their USA/North American distributor.

ST Rotors are half the price of the PCCBs at $11,998 for a full set. They have a much lower operating temperature that increases pads and rotor longevity, and they have a more progressive pedal feel. In keeping with ceramic, you also maintain the less rotational mass (about 48lbs) that does make a difference in track performance versus switching to steels.

The cherry on top of all that is the unique way they go about their carbon ceramic manufacturing process...they are REFURBISHABLE up to an average of 4-5 times, and you receive the same amount of longevity between each refurbishment as the first time you use the rotors (which the first time is typically longer than the whole life of PCCB rotors).

Give me a call if you'd like more information on the ST rotors or would like to purchase a set. We typically have them in stock ready to ship for select models.
The following 2 users liked this post by AutoQuest Motorsports:
Steve Theodore (10-13-2020), Sweeper (10-16-2020)
Old 08-23-2017, 12:12 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Default PCCB to Steel

A full set of Giro Disc Steel with Ferodo DS1.11 pads - $3355
And this is a delivered price. WE have done over 60 of these conversions all successful.
Or a full set of AP rotors with Ferodo DS1.11 pads - $3971.
Prices quoted are for a 997 GT3.
Any ??? email PM or call me. 843 299 0997

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Old 08-23-2017, 01:01 PM
colin1976
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoQuest Motorsports

They are standard equipment on the Koenigsegg Agera/Regera models, BAC Mono, NIO EP9, and the upcoming Aston Martin Valkyrie. They are available as OEM replacements for a range of of Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, and the Nissan GTR.

ST Rotors are half the price of the PCCBs at $11,998 for a full set. They have a much lower operating temperature that increases pads and rotor longevity, and they have a more progressive pedal feel. In keeping with ceramic, you also maintain the less rotational mass (about 48lbs) that does make a difference in track performance versus switching to steels.

The cherry on top of all that is the unique way they go about their carbon ceramic manufacturing process...they are REFURBISHABLE up to an average of 4-5 times, and you receive the same amount of longevity between each refurbishment as the first time you use the rotors (which the first time is typically longer than the whole life of PCCB rotors).

Give me a call if you'd like more information on the ST rotors or would like to purchase a set. We typically have them in stock ready to ship for select models.
Mine waiting to go on:

Looking forward to trying them.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:38 PM
dariog
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Full set means rotors calipers and pads or only rotors? Does one need new calipers when for example converting from 997 Turbo steel setup?

Thanks
Darek
Originally Posted by AutoQuest Motorsports

Old 08-23-2017, 03:19 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by colin1976
Mine waiting to go on

Looking forward to trying them.
Excellent! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts ; )

Originally Posted by dariog
Hi

Full set means rotors calipers and pads or only rotors? Does one need new calipers when for example converting from 997 Turbo steel setup?

Thanks
Darek
A full set means all four rotors and everything needed to install with either existing factory PCCBs or Steel calipers. No pads as those are decided on a case by case basis by either the customer or our recommendations based on the car and it's primary use. The kits are indeed available for the 997.1 and 997.2 Turbos.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:58 AM
prince_ramses
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
I went from steel to ceramics and didn't feel much difference. It's the same great car

Another option is to go OEM - Either 997-2 GT3/RS steel rotors or the 997-2 Cup car set up - Cup rotors in the front, and Turbo rotors in the back.
If i use 997-2 rotors, do i use
a) oem 997.1 or 997.2 steel pads?
b) is the 997-2 disc plug and play or modifications need?

Thanks.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:20 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 306 Posts

Fun to see this old thread bumped up. I inherited my 997.1 GT2 on steel rotors (not sure which brand) and am in the process of putting it back onto aftermarket ceramics. I look forward to weighing all the parts carefully to report on the differences as I've long been curious about them too. As I street drive my own GT2 I knew it was going to end up back on ceramics eventually, and I'm very excited to return to a world of nearly no brake dust!
Old 10-17-2020, 03:48 AM
YnotGT3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of PFC rotor hats for cheap if someone is looking to do a steel rotor conversion

Quick Reply: PCCB brake alternatives