Sponsored by:

Sport/sport plus activated automatically

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 06:26 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Sport/sport plus activated automatically

Something unusual happen while driving... I was driving spiritedly on the highway running with full acceleration on some part reaching 200kph. I was so amazed with the cars performance and then I saw the dash indicate sport. Turned it off, the dash light went off and turned it on again. Later, on the return flight it happened again but this time it was sport plus that was automatically activated. Pressing the corresponding button turns it off. Has this happened to anybody else. Car runs perfect otherwise. Hmmm
Old 06-27-2017, 07:19 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Haven't seen that before. Do you have the DSC PASM box? Or are you all OEM?
Old 06-28-2017, 12:29 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,552 Likes on 4,167 Posts

If the PASM suspension detects a fault from one of the shocks, it will default to the full stiff setting for safety (since you may be pushing the car hard when it fails and it would be better to fail to a stiffer setting than the softer one), however, I'm not aware that it defaults to full sport or sport plus mode with the throttle mapping, etc, just thought it was for the suspension independently.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:22 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

it is unique. yes i do have the dsc box which tom mentioned should not affect the sport or sport plus modes whihc controls, besides suspension setting, throttle/af maps etc.
i am trying to investigate and will see if the next hard run does the same thing... right now im putting it to accidentally pushing the buttons when accessing something from the cubby hole..

Quick Reply: Sport/sport plus activated automatically