Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NAV-TV HUR 997 - Carplay on 997.2s

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 11:00 AM
danilonovelli
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

@Maturola... for the camera, I intercepted the signal to the reverse lights under the door sill... dont have pics of that unfortunately but there are videos on youtube... I know there is one video that shows how to get the signal from delreycustoms... do some search on youtube

here are some others

Old 10-10-2017, 08:24 PM
maturola
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danilonovelli
@Maturola... for the camera, I intercepted the signal to the reverse lights under the door sill... dont have pics of that unfortunately but there are videos on youtube... I know there is one video that shows how to get the signal from delreycustoms... do some search on youtube
Thank you a bunch I saw the first video and I'll be reviewing the second one shortly.

Question on activating the rear view cam, did the Purple-White wire worked for you? or does the video just start playing when the reverse lights come on (If you tag that to power the rear cam)?

Thanks
Old 10-18-2017, 07:04 PM
maturola
6th Gear

... I hit a snag with volume - or lack of - where I had to call NAV-TV and turns out I needed to update firmware, which was really easy and fast, connecting the HUR to a windows machine...
Quick question on the firmware upgrade if you don't mind, which file did you use? on the downloaded Zip from Nav-tv website I can only find files for Kenwood and Alpine, instructions say to use the "generic" file if your radio is not listed, however I cannot find a "generic" file.

Thanks a lot. I got all the components yesterday getting ready to do the install this weekend.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:33 PM
maturola
6th Gear

Default Backup cam wiring

Hi,

Anyone who had done the backup camera can share some light on how to get video wire back there? I cannot find that freaking grommet they are talking on the video
, I tried with electrical snake wire, long cable tied and wire hanger, I cannot find the opening. I got the outside eyelet on the tail-light (0:28 on the video) but I cannot find a way to get the wire into the engine compartment or the tail-light opening.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Edit: I got it, ... Ride side inside the engine compartment there is a "large" rubber grommet way back high above the insider of the fender well where one of the main cable bundles comes through. You need flashlight to see it. I made a hole with an exacto knife away from any of the existing cables. I use the electric snake wire and feed it thru and got it from the other side.

Last edited by maturola; 10-24-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:38 PM
danilonovelli
Advanced

@Maturola... just call NAV-TV support and they will tell u exactly what to do... they are really helpful... you will need to connect the NAV-TV to a windows computer and modify a file with some numbers and that will solve the volume issue

also for the camera, the harness usually has a red wire attached to the video cable... you can just connect that wire to the reverse light in the back and not have to pinch the harness at the door and have to run another wire to get reverse signal... here is the camera I used:

Amazon Amazon

let me know if you have questions during the install... cheers.... Danilo
Old 10-25-2017, 01:51 PM
maturola
6th Gear

@Maturola... just call NAV-TV support and they will tell u exactly what to do... they are really helpful... you will need to connect the NAV-TV to a windows computer and modify a file with some numbers and that will solve the volume issue

also for the camera, the harness usually has a red wire attached to the video cable... you can just connect that wire to the reverse light in the back and not have to pinch the harness at the door and have to run another wire to get reverse signal... here is the camera I used:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

let me know if you have questions during the install... cheers.... Danilo
Thank you,

the Nav-tc unit worked out of the box, but I did contacted them and If I needed to change anything they suggested to use the kenwood file.

The Purple-white wire works like a charm, no need to pinch the factory harness. I just couldn't find a way to fee the video wire but i figured it out after few tries.

All i have left today is to connect the power to the rear cam and I'll be done.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:54 PM
danilonovelli
Advanced

cool... for the camera power I used the same reverse source at the back... I only use the camera when in reverse so it works for me... cheers
The following users liked this post:
lepirat (04-22-2021)
Old 02-04-2018, 09:12 AM
JohnC4S
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by maturola
I'll of course let the OP confirm, however based on my research you can retain the wheel controls with some additional hardware, depending on the head unit you are going with. For example I'm will be using the Pioneer AVH-4200NEX, for that the following are required for steering wheel controls: PAC ControlPRO or the Axxess ASWC-1.
For the PAC ControlPRO module only Cayenne is the only choice available for the DIP switch setting. Will that work? I am considering replacing the PCM in my 2009 C4S with a CarPlay compatible unit. TIA.

John
Old 02-08-2018, 07:42 PM
s4alex
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So, it has been a while since you did this. I love my 09 Cab S. The radio sounds great, but wish I could have newer features even though my BT is working fine along with streaming and using my phone. But I want newer features. So have been tempted in replacing the head unit. I am just unsure about loosing all the easy functions of the PCM3. Its not like I use em all the time. Rarely actually, especially since I dont/rarely use the PCM Nav. I know that most of what I want to do, I can use the stalk. I have the cable, so I can code out the features on the stalk that I wont have anymore, like radio tuning.

Now that it has been over half a year since you had this installed, how has it been? Do you miss the PCM? Still happy with the decision?

Quick Reply: NAV-TV HUR 997 - Carplay on 997.2s