997.2 C2S and GTS Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 05:01 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 2,045 Posts
Default 997.2 C2S and GTS Questions

Hi Everyone,

First post here, even though I have been registered for a long time. In the upcoming months, I am going to be starting the search for a 997.2 C2S or GTS with PDK. I have done plenty of research on each of these models, and have also reached out to some people individually on the forum. Although I know pricing varies, it seems that 997.2 pricing varies a lot amongst car. For example, right now, you can find 997.2 GTS' for $80k+ for a low mileage example, $70k for a middle mileage example, and then in the $60s it seems for a higher mileage example with more than 50k miles. Does this pricing seem right, and is it similar to what I could expect to pay during the winter? For a normal C2S, it seems pricing is mid $60s for a low mileage nice example, and then $50s for a normal or higher mileage example.

However, on RL, I have seen some people in the past year list nice GTS' with PDK for mid $60s, with clear bra, full leather which is actually what I am most interested in. That price sounds ideal for a GTS. With a C2S at around $55-60k.

Just trying to get an idea for what I could expect to pay, so I know whether I should be searching for a GTS or C2S. Dont want to go into this thinking I can afford a GTS, when I really should be searching for a C2S.

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2017, 05:09 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

From what ive noticed, PDK is easier to find and you have more wiggle room for price. I have had people message me during my search trying to sell their PDK to me and dropped their prices extensively just to get me to consider.

Winter time is the best time to buy a Posche from what I have seen. Prices drop, especially up North.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by USNA12
From what ive noticed, PDK is easier to find and you have more wiggle room for price. I have had people message me during my search trying to sell their PDK to me and dropped their prices extensively just to get me to consider.

Winter time is the best time to buy a Posche from what I have seen. Prices drop, especially up North.
Awesome, thanks so much! Best of luck in your search as well.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:58 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

I'd not advise waiting. The price I paid for my 26k mile GTS last year (low 60s) is now easily in the 70k + range for equal mileage. That's why I pulled the trigger. Net result is driving the car depreciation free for unknown period of time into the future.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:44 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fined
I'd not advise waiting. The price I paid for my 26k mile GTS last year (low 60s) is now easily in the 70k + range for equal mileage. That's why I pulled the trigger. Net result is driving the car depreciation free for unknown period of time into the future.
Thanks for the information. My hope is that they start to go lower as we go into winter in the next 6 months.

Any other input?
Old 09-22-2017, 10:07 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Wanted to update this thread. As I get closer to purchasing, come this winter I really wanted to get an idea of pricing. I understand this fluctuates but if I wanted to get a clean 997.2 C2S this seems relatively obtainable in the $55-62k range. I am talking about a car with full leather adaptive sport seats and maybe PSE in say silver, gray, red or blue. But I still can’t seem to figure out the GTS market. I seriously see PDK GTS’ at $76k all the way down to $60k. And these are asking prices so I would think there is maybe $1-3k in room to move on prices. Just want experience on pricing.

Quick Reply: 997.2 C2S and GTS Questions