Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING:: NR AUTO ::::: TechArt wing returned FAKE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 11:59 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TECNO
Search of the United States trademark and patent database does show TechArt does protect some of their designs. I did not see one for the wing, though I did not go through all the applications. Should be interesting to see what if any moves they make on this. I know enough to be dangerous on the process of product protection as I just went through both applications with my patent attorney leading the way.

Since you aired this on a public forum inviting the public's reactions. I dont see you getting your wing back unfortunately. Small claims court is a waist of time. You may get a judgment in your favor which will make you feel a little better until you find out how difficult it is to collect from someone who does not want to be collected from.

Just a joke - but could I borrow a set of wheels for my C2S? I like your shop's terms!
NR Auto has been around for a while and I dont see them going anywhere in the near future. Collecting on a judgement is as easy as paying a small fee to the local deputy, and walking in to their physical address and collecting X amount of product. There is also a way to serve their bank but you need to have the name and account number. Easy to find out, send them a check for a small amount for say $10. When the cashed check comes back, bingo.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:33 PM
TECNO
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Captain - if OP chooses small claims court I wish him the best and hope for a positive outcome on his side. Not to discredit your experience, but I was awarded judgment and the terms were monthly payments from the defendant. All was great when the first two checks came in. What to do when the payments stop. Yes go down to courthouse fill out a form, pay a small fee and magically payments start showing up..for two more months then nothing. Go back to courthouse complain to deaf ears and fill out the same form again and write another check...see where this went for ME..Did not look to garnish wages in my case as this was against an individual and not a company or organization.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:18 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Maybe California makes it easy to collect on a judgement, but in NC it's no cakewalk. And, the whole time you are pursuing it, you are burning up time and money.

Plus, with no paperwork, all NR has to say is that Neil borrowed the wing, not NR. So Neil is the only entity the OP can go after.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:39 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
No you wouldn't have the same dispute, because you would have his deposit. And never would have needed this thread.

The lesson is, if you can afford to never see a loaned item again, a verbal agreement will suffice. If you can't, cover yourself with paperwork and a deposit.

And I'm not victim blaming here. You deserve to be made whole.
Just pointing out to you and others how to avoid this.

And I practice what I preach. My friends want to borrow my lake house for the weekend... they sign a waiver before they get the key.

Understand, just the use of words was a little offensive the first time around, I guess loaning my cousin my house for over a year costing me over 40K in losses (loss of rent, eviction process, $2,000+ gas bill, damages to property etc.) was a bad idea also, unfortunately he will never own two hundred dollar bills to rub up against each other so the judgement against him and his family will never do me any good, however the eviction will stick... 2016/2017 have been somewhat of a learning experience when loaning things out...
Old 06-23-2017, 05:24 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Whatever happens, borrowing something and not giving it back is theft.

A company owned by, or that knowingly employs a thief is not a company with which I will do business.

This forum has a wide reach. Even without a small claims win, this thread could easily cost Neil and his company/employer much more than the cost of the wing he owes you.

I find it strange in this day and age that some people and businesses still don't grasp that concept.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:46 PM
hot nikon
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doug H
Lol, spoken by one resorting to or needing to put others down.

And you provided an erudite observation regarding a learned response...
Old 06-25-2017, 12:47 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by hot nikon
And you provided an erudite observation regarding a learned response...
lol, who talks like this?
Old 06-25-2017, 01:55 AM
nrauto
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NR Type 1 Wing

The information included in this post by Eli is not completely factual and we have placed a call to him to discuss this matter. At this point, he has not returned our call. NR Auto has been in business since 1986 and we manufacture quality products made locally here, in Los Angeles. We supply many businesses, Porsche dealers and retail customers across the U.S. and around the world. We can provide more testimonials than most, about our high level of customer service and quality.

Drama may make a good headline, but don't believe everything you hear... We are not going to go back and forth here, but rest assured everything will be handled properly.

Thank you all for your time.

NR Auto
Old 06-25-2017, 02:38 AM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by nrauto
The information included in this post by Eli is not completely factual and we have placed a call to him to discuss this matter. At this point, he has not returned our call. NR Auto has been in business since 1986 and we manufacture quality products made locally here, in Los Angeles. We supply many businesses, Porsche dealers and retail customers across the U.S. and around the world. We can provide more testimonials than most, about our high level of customer service and quality.

Drama may make a good headline, but don't believe everything you hear... We are not going to go back and forth here, but rest assured everything will be handled properly.

NR Auto
Saddest rebuttal on RL at least for *17
Old 06-25-2017, 03:07 AM
dannysf
Advanced

NR Auto
Give them back their authentic wing, or pay for it.

Thank you for your time.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:15 AM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

NR Auto
Then let us hear the facts from your side? There's always 3 sides to a story...
Old 06-25-2017, 10:19 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 134 Posts

Your website advertises a Techart wing for sale. I don't think you are a authorized dealer for them. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:15 PM
nrauto
6th Gear

Default Facts

Originally Posted by 808Bill
Then let us hear the facts from your side? There's always 3 sides to a story...
The facts are that this controversy has not do with NR Auto, but is between an individual and Eli. Eli very conveniently neglected to mention Neal's $3k+ wheels he held for over 2 years with no communication when Neal tried to reach out. The story ends there, plain and simple.

If NR participated in acts such as what Eli is accusing us of, I do not think we would be running strong for over 32 years. If you find another blog post similar to this one anywhere on the web about NR, please do share.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:44 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The facts are that this controversy has not do with NR Auto, but is between an individual and Eli. Eli very conveniently neglected to mention Neal's $3k+ wheels he held for over 2 years with no communication when Neal tried to reach out. The story ends there, plain and simple.

If NR participated in acts such as what Eli is accusing us of, I do not think we would be running strong for over 32 years. If you find another blog post similar to this one anywhere on the web about NR, please do share.
If the individual is Neil as in the 'N' in NR auto, then the owner (Neil) needs to do some splainin'. It might be that WD agreed to do some work and lent NR the wing for some RD (make some molds) as payment. Why did it take so long for the wing to be returned and a copy at that?
Old 06-26-2017, 09:07 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 134 Posts

Ever see a object that has had molds made from it? Tends to get beat up...

Quick Reply: WARNING:: NR AUTO ::::: TechArt wing returned FAKE!!!