Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING:: NR AUTO ::::: TechArt wing returned FAKE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DC911S
Look they even say it's a Techart wing.....

http://nrauto.com/product/porsche-99...gine-lid-wing/

Notice they say Techart wing.....not Techart style wing.....so IF you bought this and got the trash wing the OP got sent to him and not the real thing....thats fraud in advertising.....tisk tisk.....
Old 06-22-2017, 05:00 PM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Lawyers = D-bags
Old 06-22-2017, 05:06 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

This looks pretty close to the wing we loaned NR

http://nrauto.com/product/porsche-99...e-1-rear-wing/

Old 06-22-2017, 05:14 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Heck man, if you wanted to screw with them, just send that and what they sent you (alleged cheap copy of Tech Art's construction) to Tech Art . . . I am all for exposing bs and shaddy crap. I just didn't want to see anything get turned back around on you based on the one observation addressed earlier.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:23 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Lvt19672
Lawyers = D-bags
Lol, spoken by one resorting to or needing to put others down.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Lol, maybe they are just selling your wing . . .
Old 06-22-2017, 06:08 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if the pics on their website are pics of the OP's actual Techart wing.

OP's wing is probably sitting in pieces in the corner of a filthy factory somewhere in China.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:39 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 203 Likes on 134 Posts

I bet Techart would be interested in a company selling "their" wing when it's a bad copy and they are not authorized to sell their items anyhow.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:36 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nwGTS
"Can I borrow your wing?"
"Sure, that'll be a $4k deposit and sign this."

PROBLEM SOLVED

All due respect, while i'm sympathetic to your situation, you're a business making poor business decisions.
There is no disputing if they borrowed the wing, the dispute would be the same if we wrote it out, we had a verbal agreement, same as I would if I loaned my neighbor my lawn mower, fill up the tank when you're done. Fortunately I don't cut my own grass or have I in many many years..
Old 06-22-2017, 07:38 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Doug H
Heck man, if you wanted to screw with them, just send that and what they sent you (alleged cheap copy of Tech Art's construction) to Tech Art . . . I am all for exposing bs and shaddy crap. I just didn't want to see anything get turned back around on you based on the one observation addressed earlier.
I'm not going to do that, in all honestly I'm guessing that someone here might have thought about doing that on their own and TechArt being the people they are, they are extremely protective of their products will be all over it.

We simply want our genuine wing that is probably sitting pretty on one of the employees cars now.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:39 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Doug H
Lol, maybe they are just selling your wing . . .

Or maybe they already sold it to someone who said I only want original and couldn't help but take the cash....
Old 06-22-2017, 08:46 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I almost had a dealing with NR way back in the mid 90's. Something about it was off so I backed away. This sort of thing goes on daily in the fiberglass wing/hood/spoiler/bumper world. A design comes out, the shop buys one (or borrows), makes a mold and sells it as a GT3RS 'style' bumper. Then the other shops buy a copy to copy and you have 3rd gen copies on the market.

Recasting sucks. If everything is face value, I wouldn't worry about them suing the OP and the negative press will be far greater than $4k. My guess is the pictures they use were of the real TechArt spoiler and its long gone.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:57 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

There is no disputing if they borrowed the wing, the dispute would be the same if we wrote it out, we had a verbal agreement, same as I would if I loaned my neighbor my lawn mower, fill up the tank when you're done. Fortunately I don't cut my own grass or have I in many many years..

No you wouldn't have the same dispute, because you would have his deposit. And never would have needed this thread.

The lesson is, if you can afford to never see a loaned item again, a verbal agreement will suffice. If you can't, cover yourself with paperwork and a deposit.

And I'm not victim blaming here. You deserve to be made whole.
Just pointing out to you and others how to avoid this.

And I practice what I preach. My friends want to borrow my lake house for the weekend... they sign a waiver before they get the key.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:42 PM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

It's good to check what's being returned before signing for it.
Easily overlooked but pays dividends when dealing with a recalciant waaay overdue product returning malingerer.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:45 AM
TECNO
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search of the United States trademark and patent database does show TechArt does protect some of their designs. I did not see one for the wing, though I did not go through all the applications. Should be interesting to see what if any moves they make on this. I know enough to be dangerous on the process of product protection as I just went through both applications with my patent attorney leading the way.

Since you aired this on a public forum inviting the public's reactions. I dont see you getting your wing back unfortunately. Small claims court is a waist of time. You may get a judgment in your favor which will make you feel a little better until you find out how difficult it is to collect from someone who does not want to be collected from.

Just a joke - but could I borrow a set of wheels for my C2S? I like your shop's terms!

Quick Reply: WARNING:: NR AUTO ::::: TechArt wing returned FAKE!!!