Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Time Buyer - 2007 911 Carrera - Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 01:07 PM
911searcher
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1. Wait for your car if you have a specific wishlist.
2. The cupholders are for very small lightweight cups. I use one of these. It sits on my lap or the passenger seat as needed.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:40 PM
SWO Daddy
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Supplyguy
Now I'm in a quandary. Drove a similar car yesterday and loved it. Thought I was all in for traveling to check out the car. But a call to my auto audio outfit suggests adding Bluetooth and Sirius is best done by replacing the whole entertainment unit for $2000. Did that for the S55 but the car was much cheaper. Going this route will put me over $40k and I'm not going to do that. Tried to read options here and most recommended nav-tv unit....also same price. Nothing simpler to add to current system?
I'm not an audiophile, but my suggestion is simply adding the iSimple Tranzlt Blu HF to the PCM. Gives me bluetooth and ability to display and manipulate my Iphone. I can stream music or play stored files. Simple iphone CD mount gives me a nice display for mapping apps. Cost - $70 shipped from ebay and an easy DIY to install.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Supplyguy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent Advice Needed!

The 2007 911 just arrived at my dealer. To my dismay, I don't fit. It's a base model, automatic, no power seat, and the seat does not slide back far enough to give me any leg room (I'm 6'4"). The seat base and back (unreclined) do not hit the bottom of the back seats - there's still a good four inches that would make this doable and change my life. The 2005 I tried on had an electric seat and was a manual transmission and I had adequate leg room. I believe the seat went all the way back to the rear seat. Anyone familiar with the difference and is there a known modification to get those four inches back? If not I have to give up. Appreciate any help. Chuck.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:53 PM
jfort
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

I concur on the iSimple Transit Blu to add BT. Installation is not hard. Cheap. I typically have an iPad mini mounted, playing my playlist and running Waze.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:56 PM
too tall
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your reply is a little off topic but I'll answer. This does not make sense to me. For example I am 6'8" tall and the only 997.1 that really fits well are infact no power seat, sport seat version. If I put the seat slide all the way back I'm definitely too far from the wheel for good wheel control. I did install a steering hub extender to move the wheel closer to me and even so I still do not have the seat slider all the way back. I've been checked out by a pro driver at the track who likes my position, my driving sux but that's another matter.

You might want a second opinion from someone who is familiar with this.

Originally Posted by Supplyguy
The 2007 911 just arrived at my dealer. To my dismay, I don't fit. It's a base model, automatic, no power seat, and the seat does not slide back far enough to give me any leg room (I'm 6'4"). The seat base and back (unreclined) do not hit the bottom of the back seats - there's still a good four inches that would make this doable and change my life. The 2005 I tried on had an electric seat and was a manual transmission and I had adequate leg room. I believe the seat went all the way back to the rear seat. Anyone familiar with the difference and is there a known modification to get those four inches back? If not I have to give up. Appreciate any help. Chuck.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Supplyguy
Intermediate

Thanks Too Tall
I'm baffled too. Like I said, the 2005 I drove two weeks ago had adequate room, and when I engaged the clutch it almost was too far to the floor. It had power seats. This 2007 with manual seat hits the stop on the slide and will go no further, leaving a four inch gap. That four inches is a deal breaker. Passenger seat has same travel. I'll have to decline the car by close of business. Bummed because I paid $250 to shop car in based on good fit of the 2005. Ugh.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:43 PM
rickster997
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 53 Posts

http://extendmyseat.com/porsche-911-...seat-brackets/

Installed these on my 2008 c2s. Love them! Had to do some dremmel work to make them fit, but well worth it. They add you guessed it 4"...
Old 07-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Supplyguy
Intermediate

Oh man. Tempted. Thank you!

Quick Reply: First Time Buyer - 2007 911 Carrera - Tips?