Sponsored by:

WTB Werks 997.2 rear defuser

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 12:32 PM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default WTB Werks 997.2 rear defuser

Want to balance out my "sport classic" front bumper aero .... Don't want to go the ducktail or wing route! Condition less than perfect is ok!

Last edited by morefun; 05-31-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:45 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

If you have the standard active wing/decklid you're fine. No need to drop $1500 on a diffuser.
The Speedster has the sport classic lip with no wing and doesn't fly off the road.
Your money though. Just thought I'd give that POV.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:21 PM
morefun
Rennlist Member

If you have the standard active wing/decklid you're fine. No need to drop $1500 on a diffuser.
The Speedster has the sport classic lip with no wing and doesn't fly off the road.
Your money though. Just thought I'd give that POV.
Good advice nwGTS! Now that I think about it, yep, the one Speedster that I saw locally didn't have any additional rear aero. On the other hand I do a few days of DE at advanced levels here in the NE (I've cut back from 20 days a season w/previous Pcars to planned 3-5 days w/new to me 997.2 pdk) and keeping the rear end planted at speed while climbing the Esses at the Glen is a consideration.

Last edited by morefun; 06-01-2017 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:50 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

such a nice part though.....
Attached Images  
Old 05-31-2017, 07:18 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm sure it's functional, expensive, and will look awful at the back of a 997. A wing will look better just my opinion...
Old 05-31-2017, 07:40 PM
Hi-Arc
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It should be offered in a lower cost material.
The following users liked this post:
frederickcook87 (07-01-2022)
Old 05-31-2017, 08:04 PM
platinum997
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 133 Posts

No doubt.. This is a 400-600 part at best.
The following users liked this post:
frederickcook87 (07-01-2022)
Old 05-31-2017, 09:26 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Originally Posted by Hi-Arc
It should be offered in a lower cost material.

Agreed that that would be a good option.

Originally Posted by platinum997
No doubt.. This is a 400-600 part at best.
Sounds like you may have little experience in what it takes to make a quality carbon fiber part with this level of detail. Part has been wind/aero tested etc... sure the 3k msrp is high but come on....one can barely get small interior Tid bit carbon fiber parts for 400-600 never mind a part of this size, design, function etc

Originally Posted by slicky rick
I'm sure it's functional, expensive, and will look awful at the back of a 997. A wing will look better just my opinion...
yeah not a single person has commented this diffuser looks awful. Well accept you. Expensive yup, over priced, sure? bang for the buck not there for many on a budget (like many mods) ok get all that. But can assure you this part looks the part on the right car especially an aero cup car...plus is functional.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:42 PM
platinum997
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 133 Posts

Mickfluff.. for the 20% that care about aero testing and carbon fiber.. sure, might be worth a few grand. For the other 80%, that want a little style at an affordable price... price is ridiculous.

I understand champion motorsports or werks make great products and this particular part number is probably worth the money. No debate there.

The comment was intended to mean there should be much more affordable options.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:04 AM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Appreciate the feedback!

- Agreed, the Werks defuser while a work of art is big $$$ for the application. Largely out of sight, it could just as easily be molded out of PU
- the aesthetics are an issue, the 991R defuser is a substantially more subtle answer that
offers aero balance equal to the gt3 wing. Don't want the "boy racer" look in either case wing/defuser...
- zero need on the street here stateside. On track, it has value

Last edited by morefun; 06-01-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:59 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

The title of your thread = "WTB Werks 997.2 rear defuser" Maybe you should have changed that as well?

Ummmm why did you change your original post content suggesting you wanted the werks1 diffuser? Makes the rest of this string a bit useless. You noted that was a part you wanted and now you deleted that part of your original post? anyway......

Ok maybe out of your price range but now after suggesting you want it in your first post your now reply below with some contradictions? Seems you have changed your initial post/comments a bit so now string makes less sense. (nice work)

You are the one that suggested you wanted it and now its "street racer"?

Offers zero balance? what are you talking about???

Below you suggest its " largely out of site" but again you suggest its street racer and poor aesthetics? So is it out of site as you noted or street racer styling?

Sure mold it out of PU, fiberglass or plastic if that is what you like to strap to your Porsche? On a civic sure, but a Porsche not so much.... and your worried about "street racer" looks?

You want a big gt3 wing on a none gt3 car and again worried about "street racer" styling? Is that a joke....

The rear diffuser by werks1 is a mod, I get it not for everyone, actually adds some proven aero functionality wind tunnel tested, adds almost no weight as extremely light and when paired with the right car looks great aesthetically, quite subtle, albeit is not cheap. Much less in your face than a gt3 wing that's for certain. (I love the gt3 and aero wings...I have it on my car but balanced with the whole aero kit from Porsche) On my car the werks1 diffuser is barely noticable... Now your suggesting 911R parts when talking about a 997? confused....

Originally Posted by morefun
Appreciate the feedback!

- the Werks defuser while a work of art is big $$$ for the application. Largely out of sight, it could just as easily be molded out of PU
- the aesthetics are an issue, the 991R defuser is a substantially more subtle answer that
offers aero balance equal to the gt3 wing. Don't want the "boy racer" look...
- zero need on the street here stateside. On track, it has value

Last edited by mickfluff; 06-01-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:12 AM
morefun
Rennlist Member

mcfluff - you've taken my post out of context and have offered no insight of value. Anybody else with something intelligent to share?
Old 06-01-2017, 09:22 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Originally Posted by morefun
mcfluff - you've taken my post out of context and have offered no insight of value. Anybody else with something intelligent to share?
Took your post out of context? How is that, you posted you wanted to buy a part and now changed your post and seem to take a different view? Pretty hard to stay in context when someone changes their post mid-stream after half a dozen comments...

You suggested you wanted to buy a part, a part I have some experience with and have, I posted a pic and added some comment around the part; the part your title and post content before you changed it stated you wanted to buy....

You seem have a change of heart on the part you originally suggested you wanted making the string now a bit off....talk about adding no value to this forum? Finally follow up that I am offering no insight or value? Bahahahaahahahahha....

Have a good day.... and good luck adding a gt3 wing to your car. PS Kirk from Inskip loves my rear diffuser
Old 06-01-2017, 09:36 AM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Yea, whatever mcfluff! Congrats your Werks defuser, its a pretty piece of hardware....

Last edited by morefun; 06-01-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:47 PM
swoardrider
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I have no experience with the diffuser, but I can definitely confirm that at 150mph my GTS gets the "light" feeling. And I have a GT3 front end and Getty Designs RS deck lid with carbon large carbon wing on my car. My old Audi A4 at 150mph felt more planted than my GTS, which is supposedly a 190mph capable car. If you track your car or just like to do speed runs, this could almost be considered a "safety piece", assuming it does what it claims

Quick Reply: WTB Werks 997.2 rear defuser