Bay Area folks - Steven's Creek service advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 03:39 PM
wem
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bay Area folks - Steven's Creek service advice

Fellow rennlisters of the bay area and beyond,

Anyone with experience at Steven's Creek service dept. that can advise me? I'm holding out hope that I'm having a strange interaction and not the bad experience that it seems to be turning into. If you know Steven's Creek is on the up and up and can help, hit me back or PM me.

background: I've got a high-mile 997.1 S and I'm chasing a slow crank/hot start issue. I replaced the b+ cable, starter, and battery. The starting issue remains and all kinds of new, weird electrical bugs have cropped up. Next step is to replace the power distributor bolt and cable. I took the bolt off, cleaned it up, put it back and tested the (bolt and cable) resistance. It's < 0.2v. I'll replace it regardless but that's not enough (right?) to cause the starting issue. I'm stumped. Decide to take it to a pro (dealer with PIWIS) and see what's up. We agree to two hours of diagnosis: one on the starting issue, another on the other electric issues. Then it gets weird, like "climerepair-level" weird. They are a big dealer. This just can't be.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:15 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 380 Likes on 204 Posts

Call Gunter at Fletcher Jones of Porsche Fremont. He's a great Service Advisor.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:31 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
Call Gunter at Fletcher Jones of Porsche Fremont. He's a great Service Advisor.
Ditto! Call Gunter Feldmeier, Service Manager, or Gary, Service Advisor.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:51 PM
wem
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Hella-buggin’ and thanks to those who contacted me privately. The value of Rennlist can not be overstated. On your advice, I was on my way to pick the car up yesterday afternoon when the service rep called. He did a complete 180 and the tech is now focused on the problem and working hard. That’s a huge relief but the bad news was that the car was still apart and/or not starting and was not ready to take home. We’ll find out today if any of this is for real but it seems that he is still billing me for just the two hours so this is way above and beyond.

Quick Reply: Bay Area folks - Steven's Creek service advice