Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017 | 01:39 PM
d_2
Advanced

Default 19" HRE FF01 Encourage/Discourage comment plz

19" HRE FF01 FLOW FORM SILVER CONCAVE WHEELS RIMS FITS PORSCHE 997 911 CARRERA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-HRE-FF01-...9Y7Dj9&vxp=mtr

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/P1MAAO...Dj-/s-l500.jpg

Seriously considering Aftermarket wheels. As we all know... many options to select from. I am inquiring from those here with wisdom in an around these wheels. Good deal? Any experience with the Seller?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-03-2017 | 03:26 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by d_2
19" HRE FF01 FLOW FORM SILVER CONCAVE WHEELS RIMS FITS PORSCHE 997 911 CARRERA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-HRE-FF01-...9Y7Dj9&vxp=mtr

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/P1MAAO...Dj-/s-l500.jpg

Seriously considering Aftermarket wheels. As we all know... many options to select from. I am inquiring from those here with wisdom in an around these wheels. Good deal? Any experience with the Seller?

Thanks in advance.
They are good wheels: reach out to a vendor here, I bet they have something for you. They often have "show/demo" wheels that they can kick you for 20% off.
Old 05-03-2017 | 04:35 PM
dannysf
Advanced

I have these wheels and they look great on a 997. They felt light and the quality, fitment and finish seems very good. I was considering Forgestar F14, which looks great too but I ultimately decided on these.
Old 05-04-2017 | 09:34 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yes, HRE makes very good wheels. These are their lower cost "flow formed" version, which is not the same as a fully forged wheel like those in their higher end (also much higher priced) line. For regular street duty, a low pressure cast / flow formed / rotary forged etc wheel should be fine. If you plan to track the car with stickier tires and at higher speeds that result in higher cornering loads on the wheels, you're better off with a fully forged wheel, like Forgeline, ADV1, HRE (higher end series), etc.
Old 05-04-2017 | 02:18 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Petza914
Yes, HRE makes very good wheels. These are their lower cost "flow formed" version, which is not the same as a fully forged wheel like those in their higher end (also much higher priced) line. For regular street duty, a low pressure cast / flow formed / rotary forged etc wheel should be fine. If you plan to track the car with stickier tires and at higher speeds that result in higher cornering loads on the wheels, you're better off with a fully forged wheel, like Forgeline, ADV1, HRE (higher end series), etc.
+1, you can certainly track with these but they are not as light and as strong as the true forged wheels. $2,500 for a set sounds about right for these 'flow formed' wheels. Any mesh style wheels will look good on a Porsche, it's a very classic sports car look. HRE understand not everyone wants to pay $6K to 10K for wheels so these wheels were born to compete with Forgestar, Victor, Avante Garde, etc.
Old 05-04-2017 | 03:16 PM
d_2
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ynot
+1, you can certainly track with these but they are not as light and as strong as the true forged wheels. $2,500 for a set sounds about right for these 'flow formed' wheels. Any mesh style wheels will look good on a Porsche, it's a very classic sports car look. HRE understand not everyone wants to pay $6K to 10K for wheels so these wheels were born to compete with Forgestar, Victor, Avante Garde, etc.
Thanks all. As predicted; no shortage of wisdom. I appreciate the feedback.
Old 05-04-2017 | 04:25 PM
Surfer2001
Racer

I love my HRE's
The following users liked this post:
Darkhorse (07-04-2023)
Old 05-04-2017 | 04:31 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Petza914
Originally Posted by Ynot
FlowForm FF04's actually pass the same stringent TUV testing that our Forged wheels go through. So as far as strength and durability are concerned, there shouldn't be any concern taking them on track for example.
The following 2 users liked this post by HRE_Jurrian:
anderson930 (08-24-2024), Darkhorse (07-04-2023)

Quick Reply: 19" HRE FF01 Encourage/Discourage comment plz