Sponsored by:

Smoothest Street Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 11:12 AM
Antonio
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
No personal experience, but before I bought KW V3s for my old S2000, I was seriously considering Fortune Auto coilovers. Their non-PASM 997 application is US$1,800 retail and is hand made in the US.
I'm very happy with the Fortune Auto Muller series in my 997. As a bonus, the service is top notch from the company that is based in Virginia. Unfortunately they discontinued all Porsche offerings last year.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:47 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Received 771 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
in Dallas / la / kc! You ever in Dallas?
Rarely, I am in LA all summer.

Do you take your 911 out there?
Old 02-29-2024, 02:18 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts

Theres honestly a lot. BC Racing, KW, Ohlin, and Bilstein.

We have the Ohlins in stock and on sale right now for anyone interested.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 03-13-2024, 07:58 PM
Canyonshark
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received my Feal Suspension 441+ kit and have had the coilovers installed on my car for about 2 weeks now. They have been absolutely incredible! The variability in the damping adjustment is great and the extended adjusters they offer for the kit make it super easy to adjust my damping in the rear. I also purchased with the kit the radial bearing upgrade as well. This has drastically reduced the NVH in the front of the car when making sharp turns and going up steep inclines either on a steep driveway or parking garage. Overall very satisfied with the product, I would highly recommend!!
The following users liked this post:
EVOMMM (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 12:12 PM
ATX_Native
Rennlist Member

Received 771 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by Canyonshark
I received my Feal Suspension 441+ kit and have had the coilovers installed on my car for about 2 weeks now. They have been absolutely incredible! The variability in the damping adjustment is great and the extended adjusters they offer for the kit make it super easy to adjust my damping in the rear. I also purchased with the kit the radial bearing upgrade as well. This has drastically reduced the NVH in the front of the car when making sharp turns and going up steep inclines either on a steep driveway or parking garage. Overall very satisfied with the product, I would highly recommend!!
What spring rate did you go with?

Street or track mix?
Old 03-14-2024, 09:05 PM
rsalicrup
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 66 Posts

If you had a C4, I would offer mine. I’m looking at replacing them soon. The current ones (Border, same a BC) are to soft for my liking. My wife’s loves them because she says they ride better/softer than OEM.

Last edited by rsalicrup; 03-14-2024 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-04-2024, 06:54 PM
Canyonshark
6th Gear

I went with Feal's recommended rates of 6k front and 12k rear. Its a nice balanced set up for both street and slight track use.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:09 PM
Canyonshark
6th Gear

Just a heads up but if you go with Feal suspension and go with a 441+ kit they will work with you on the spring rates and can go up or down in spring rate by 2k from their recommended rates from what I remember. I really tried to pick their brain before ordering to make sure I was getting what I wanted and they were real open with me and answered all the questions I had in a timely manner.
Old 04-05-2024, 04:50 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 201 Posts

Just installed the Ohlins (finally)

Its little too high for my taste - but has tightened up the car and that dreaded "porpoising" feeling is finally gone.....

Would recommend - 100% - even though ive only driven it a few klms - feels so much better....
Old 04-05-2024, 02:31 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Boost
Just installed the Ohlins (finally)

Its little too high for my taste - but has tightened up the car and that dreaded "porpoising" feeling is finally gone.....

Would recommend - 100% - even though ive only driven it a few klms - feels so much better....

I'm in the process of installing the Ohlins R&T. At the mid point /factory setting from Ohlins, isn't the car 20mm lower? (mind you, when measuring everything the factory settings weren't quite what was claimed in the instructions.

I have mine currently set to 60mm between the height adjuster and the preload adjuster which should be a 16mm drop from stock. Hope to do the fronts this weekend.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:11 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Bumping this again in case anyone has any insight. Installed the front Ohlins. Measured everything including exact same preload, exact same distance between lock rings. Height diff from ground to fender between left and right is 3/8”.

Thought maybe I measured wrong so took things apart and measured again. I can compensate by raising one side but then the distance from the knuckle to the top mount actually changes.

loosened up all the bushings and coffin bolt thingy, raised everything to rise height and measured. Tightened everything up. Put wheels on, lowered car and same thing. Right side is 3/8 higher.

any ideas?
Old 04-11-2024, 09:16 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,457 Likes on 4,116 Posts

Where did you measure from - not supposed to be from the fenders.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:53 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Petza914
Why not from the fenders?

1st measurement was fenders to runways on 4 post lift, with wheels/tires on.

All other measurements were from lock ring to lock ring, spring perch to top mount, top mount to top of knuckle/upright with wheels off. All these match left to right.

Only thing that doesnt match left to right is measurement from fenders tp runway. One is 26 1/8" and one is 25 3/4"
The following users liked this post:
GT3twenty10 (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 10:21 PM
GT3twenty10
Pro

Received 349 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
it still measures out underneath vs fender to ground
Old 04-11-2024, 10:57 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,457 Likes on 4,116 Posts

Originally Posted by workhurts
Why not from the fenders?

1st measurement was fenders to runways on 4 post lift, with wheels/tires on.

All other measurements were from lock ring to lock ring, spring perch to top mount, top mount to top of knuckle/upright with wheels off. All these match left to right.

Only thing that doesnt match left to right is measurement from fenders tp runway. One is 26 1/8" and one is 25 3/4"
Because 997s and all Porsches have body variations but the chassis are quite consistent.

The correct way to measure ride height is to go under the car with a pair of inside calipers or whatever you have that will correctly measure a distance from floor to the measuring point on the car while in your extended hand.

For the front, look for a green-headed bolt a few inches ahead of the front anti-roll bar attachment block. Measure from the flat surface to the ground. In the rear, look a little forward and inboard from the rear anti-roll bar attachment block. There is a flat spot on the crossmember with a little hole drilled in it. Measure from the flat surace around the hole to the ground.

if you lowered the car and they corner balanced it, don't make further adjustments - it's better that it's setup right than looks perfectly the same.

Quick Reply: Smoothest Street Coilovers