RUF R-Kompressor with Brushed & Cleared Forgeline SC1s

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 01:25 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,217 Likes on 3,966 Posts
Default RUF R-Kompressor with Brushed & Cleared Forgeline SC1s

After having a few different sets of wheels on my RUF 997, none of which were the perfect fitment or exactly the look I wanted for the car, I ordered a set of custom Forgeline SC1 wheels in their brushed & cleared finish. They arrived about a week ago, right on schedule, and I had them mounted, cleaned-up the car, and today, headed out to a few different venues around my area (near Clemson University) for a photo shoot.

Wheels are beautiful, quality is top notch, fitment is spot on, they're super-light, and the car drives wonderfully with them - I'm very pleased and can't recommend Forgeline wheels highly enough. You can get them through Wheel Enhancement.

Specs are:
Front - 19" x 8.5" et 50mm with a 235/35 Nitto Invo
Rear - 19" x 12" et 74mm with a 305/30 Nitto Invo

There's a lot of info and photos in my original WTB ad here - https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...-no-black.html

so I won't duplicate that info and will just share a few of today's photos, but there are many more and a couple of drive-by video links of my full Fabspeed setup on a Shutterfly share site here - https://rufrkompressorwithforgelinesc1s.shutterfly.com/

Enjoy!

Old 03-26-2017, 01:48 AM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Gorgeous!!!
Old 03-26-2017, 06:21 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

i'm thinking this is not a widebody, and if so, are you running spacers with an ET of 74...come to think of it, if it were a wb, wouldn't this ET be even further inward to the cl since wb's have an ET of what, 51? of course i am probably getting this all backwardswompus, basically just want to say....schön dude! looks great, and actually the rears don't look that tucked in at all...
Old 03-26-2017, 09:28 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks fantastic Pete.....
great car and one of the most modded cars on this forum!
Old 03-26-2017, 09:40 AM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Go Tigers!
Old 03-26-2017, 01:53 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

Looks great. I go to their website a few times a month to spec out a set of wheels to see what they have. Was it about a six week delivery time? My 911 is basalt black so I'm not quite sure what finish would go with it. Sort of leaning to brushed nickel or perhaps brushed bronze. Or a combo of finishes on the barrel and center piece. Then I get lost in choices and give up.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:12 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks everone - I'm loving how they turned out. Placed my order on 2/6 and wheels arrived on 3/17 so exactly at about 6 weeks. Some of their finishes and processes can take a little longer, like the fully polished one.

Regarding the offset, keep in mind, these are 12" wide wheels, not 11" or 11.5" which you normally see, so that effects the offset #. My car is C2S based so it is a narrow body - WB offsets get down into the low 50s. A standard 997.1 GT3 wheel is a 19"x12" et 68. These are what's on my wife's car and were a data point for me based on how they fit hers and the prior sets I had on my car and how they fit mine.

Also, the body on my car is not exactly symmetrical to the chassis on both the left and right sides - neither is my wife's actually and I've seen a lot of 997s where this is the case. The same wheel on the passenger side of my car will be out further than on the driver's side, so I based all my measurements and offset #s on making the passenger side look exactly right as that makes for the wheel tucked in a little more on the driver's side, but I much prefer the look of a wheel that's further in the fender than one which protrudes out past it and that's what the ADV1s I had on my car at one time did, both on the right front and right rear.

I also had to clear my 6-piston front PCCB rotors that clearance # had to be factored into the front offset and how much concavity we could achieve up there - not a lot, but we maximized it as best we could and I have 6-7mm bebween the caliper and inside wheel spoke - any less and I think it would be too tight. My original RUF wheels had less, like almost nothing and if a pebble or anything off the road had gone into that area, it would've messed up the finish on the caliper or could have potentially locked up the wheel.

DC911 - do it. A matte bronze wheel on a black car would look killer and super classy, but it has to the the right color bronze, not a shiny gold one - I almost went the bronze route, but couldn't get the "silver & gold" Christmas song out of my head, and liked the way Forgeline does their Brushed & Cleared finish on this wheel where their brushed part is brighter silver and not as grey as some others, and they leave the center machined parts of the spokes, shiny from the machine work and just clear over them, that this was the safer bet for me. It's a little hard to see in the photos, but had the sun been out for my pics, the way the light works off the 2 surface finishes is really nice.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:13 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Picture from Road Atlanta during the Porscheplatz parade laps during Petit le Mans.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:13 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Nice!

Quick Reply: RUF R-Kompressor with Brushed & Cleared Forgeline SC1s