Sponsored by:

Seeking Magnagrafik stone guard experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 08:22 PM
byroncheung
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by F308gt4
I had the Magnagrafik stone guards for a while. No issues.

The guy at Magnagrafik did tell me that if you get them wet, you need to remove and dry off completely, as the water could leach behind the stone guard, subsequently allowing them to fly off at speed.

I got them originally to see how I liked the black stone guards on my car. After 6 months or so, I decided to replace them with the permanent vinyl ones. I sold the Magnagrafik ones to another Rennlister.
i think that's what happened to me. one side disappeared after i went to a track day in which i played on wet skidpad. think the water made it loose...
Old 06-19-2020, 08:38 PM
paddlefoot64
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

Waiting for them to be delivered.
Old 06-20-2020, 04:45 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

aDias

Rennlist member The
TheTorch gifted me a set earlier this month. They are magnetic black. I went w/ the black ones from Suncoast. I can pay it forward and send them to you if you would like.

b

edit: crap I just offered this to aDias & this thread is sooooooo old. Sorry

Last edited by BaileyII; 06-21-2020 at 12:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ADias (06-27-2020)
Old 06-20-2020, 06:51 PM
318touring
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have just received mine earlier this month. Took about 6 weeks from ordering for these to arrive in New Zealand. These are the Speedster style and note that they don't completely cover the original guards, but only a very small part that is left uncovered. You can't see it unless you purposedly eyeball them. I can't be bothered peeling the old ones off.

paddlefoot64 (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 09:50 PM
Manhattan_trout
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 138 Posts

here's my 997tts with magnagrafik in carbon fiber black as of 2 days ago...
paddlefoot64 (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 10:57 PM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 513 Likes on 329 Posts

I've had Magnagrafik for 3 years. They don't provide quite the same level of surface area coverage as the factory stone guards... but close enough. I've been happy with them...

Karl.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:43 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 298 Posts

Yup, absolutely love them. I got the flat black versions. Totally agree that touchless high pressure wash or any kind of high pressure soapy wash is their only kryptonite.. blows them right off. Under regular use mine have seen 150+ mph and still holding strong. I only take them off every 6 months when I get a full detail and wax polish. I had them over the original stone guards for a while, but liked them so much i just removed the old stone guard. Highly recommend if you think you may need to remove them for any reason. I have had them several years and make sure surface is really clean when installing. After that no dirt gets underneath them once you slap them on. Also, if they fade or get a rock chip damage I have pulled them off, touched them up and repainted the with flat black flexible paint. Slap them back on and they look like new!

ps you can heat them up before install and they will bend/form along the lower curve of the rear quarter panel.

Old 01-15-2021, 02:34 PM
Christian Stark
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 76 Posts

Ordered mine on December 7th and they still have not shipped. I have spoken to the owner twice, most recently last week when I was told they would ship this week. Still no shipping notification.

I really do hope the product is better than my purchasing experience. Will post back if/when I receive them. I get COVID, and I get delays, but I have been told TWICE now that they will be shipped "next week" and here we are.
Old 01-15-2021, 02:49 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,603 Likes on 4,198 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian Stark
Ordered mine on December 7th and they still have not shipped. I have spoken to the owner twice, most recently last week when I was told they would ship this week. Still no shipping notification.

I really do hope the product is better than my purchasing experience. Will post back if/when I receive them. I get COVID, and I get delays, but I have been told TWICE now that they will be shipped "next week" and here we are.
Good luck. I had a pair I attempted to install over the OEM film. Never drove the car with them on there because I could tell they'd be flying off and gone at the speeds I normally drive.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:19 PM
Alfnado
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Good luck. I had a pair I attempted to install over the OEM film. Never drove the car with them on there because I could tell they'd be flying off and gone at the speeds I normally drive.
I had similar concerns but after flattening them on my fridge for a day, along with taking a hair dryer to them, they applied and held just fine. I’m swapping them for permanent guards because (1) I don’t want to remove all the time when I wash or when it rains and (2) I’m satisfied now with my decision to switch to black. If anyone wants a set of slightly used guards, hit me up.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:33 AM
DZ Carrera
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 20 Posts

I had them on couple of cars. I chose matt finish. They look great. It took a while to receive them but worth it

Ironman88 (01-16-2021)
Old 01-16-2021, 05:08 PM
Manhattan_trout
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 138 Posts

Yes they’re great. Easy to apply on and have never come off (thus far)...highly recommend the look!

here’s pics of mine

Old 01-16-2021, 05:31 PM
318touring
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have them over OEMs and they stay put very well even in high speed situation (how high is subjective - never tried above 100 mph, for example).

I can't be bothered removing the OEM guards, one thing to note that Magna's ones are slightly shorter than OEMs hence won't completely cover the existing ones.

I peel these off every-time I wash the car and clean them separately. Never took them off because it was raining though.

Took a few months to arrive in New Zealand, I have read somewhere that they tend to wait for a number of orders to start production again so your wait time can be 'longer' than expected.

Quick Reply: Seeking Magnagrafik stone guard experience