Sponsored by:

WTB 997.2 Straight Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 11:38 AM
keinmitleid
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB 997.2 Straight Pipes

I am about to pay full price for them but just wanted to check here to see if any one is looking to get rid of theirs. Unable to create a marketplace ad just yet.

Gonna be a hard $700 pill to swallow if I can't find a used set...
Old 03-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Devil Boy
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Are you wanting just the muffler delete/bypass tailpipes? Have you considered making them yourself? They're not much more than a short length of mandrel bend stainless steel tube. I fabbed mine up with about $150 of material and tools. Biggest cost was getting a shop to weld them for me. Next time I'm learning to weld my own stuff!

Old 03-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Wolfk
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If we are talking about side muffler delete pipes on a 997.2, just a bit advice; simply remove your mufflers temporarily and drive around awhile, see if you can handle the annoying drone before purchasing those $700 pipes.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:57 PM
keinmitleid
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Devil Boy
Are you wanting just the muffler delete/bypass tailpipes? Have you considered making them yourself? They're not much more than a short length of mandrel bend stainless steel tube.
That would be a fun project for sure, I just don't have the means to conquer it right now. The nearest exhaust shop that does this is in MD, which is a PITA to drive to from VA.

Originally Posted by Wolfk
If we are talking about side muffler delete pipes on a 997.2, just a bit advice; simply remove your mufflers temporarily and drive around awhile, see if you can handle the annoying drone before purchasing those $700 pipes.
Yeah, the side mufflers. I will try and do that soon, I am doing an oil change so I figured I'd take the mufflers out while waiting for the oil to drain.

I ran straight pipes on my old 996 coupe, and that was pretty awesome. These cars have a center muffler so I'm guessing it would be a bit quieter than the 996 I had. I also had straight pipes on my 996tt and an F355, and rook the mufflers off a Maserati I had, so I'm no stranger to ridiculously loud and obnoxious exhausts
Old 03-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Devil Boy
Racer

Originally Posted by keinmitleid
I'm no stranger to ridiculously loud and obnoxious exhausts
straight pipes save lives
Old 03-09-2017, 07:36 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

The OP is going to find that straight pipes actually reduce performance... but maybe that does not matter for him.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:16 AM
keinmitleid
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ADias
The OP is going to find that straight pipes actually reduce performance... but maybe that does not matter for him.
I live in the Democratic People's Republic of Northern Virginia. The last thing I want to do here is speed. Here if you go 80mph+ or 20 over, it is a criminal offense. I've already had a scare and barely avoided jail time - wound up doing community service instead. 385hp is already too much for me

On the bright side...the car loses some weight? ha.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Devil Boy
Racer

Originally Posted by ADias
Dyno sheets?

Quick Reply: WTB 997.2 Straight Pipes