Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive with Center console removed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 11:41 PM
gwinder
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Drive with Center console removed?

I'm going to send my center console to Eric for a paint job and wanted to now if I can still drive the car without the center console. Of course I will reattach the PDK shifter.

Thanks

Gary
Old 03-06-2017, 12:08 AM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've done it with my 6 speed when I was trying to track down an electrical gremlin related to my parking brake warning light. It shouldn't be a problem with PDK
Old 03-06-2017, 11:19 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 349 Likes on 230 Posts

If you don't have the passenger side airbag light connected you will get the airbag fault light that needs to be scanned to be reset. Can just remove the wiring and let it sit there.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:29 AM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Center console meaning the area around the radio? That can be removed and the car driven without issues.

Center console meaning the area between each seat with the hand brake? That area can have both a passenger airbag off light and the interior cabin monitor module for the alarm system. Be sure to remove both and plug them back into the car's harness before starting the car otherwise you will get dashboard lights. You will need Durametric or a dealer trip to clear an airbag light. Any other lights will clear themselves after reassembly and driving. Or if you have Durametric Pro and/or access to PIWIS you can code your car to remove both modules, drive with them disconnected, then recode the car to reinstall the modules when your console comes back. Not positive if Durametric Pro can code both modules out though.

Quick Reply: Drive with Center console removed?