Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 11:16 AM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 795 Posts

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
Some answers to more questions:

Shipping is confirmed to be with DHL.

996 and 997 headers will be available soon.

No issues for PSE fitment.

No CELs are triggered - complete de-cat or 100 cell cats may do so, but the 200 cell should be fine.

The group buy will 'go live' once stock on the cat pipes is confirmed.
whats the "vat" and any other phantom charges/ costs?
Old 02-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by dporto
whats the "vat" and any other phantom charges/ costs?
VAT is European, not North American sales tax, from my understanding.

Buyers will be responsible for whatever import duties, taxes and customs brokerage fees that DHL may charge.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:44 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

"whatever import duties, taxes and customs brokerage fees that DHL may charge."

Uh...ok. Any idea what these "fees" might amount to? Any idea what the shipping cost is? I generally don't commit to a purchase until I know what the item is going to cost... BTW VAT is (Value Added Tax) - whatever that means lol... I'm pretty sure it's similar to BOT (bend over tax) except with the BOT they generally throw in a little lube... how's that for added value?
Old 02-13-2017, 10:48 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

You'd best ask DHL or check with your local customs brokers. I'm Canadian, so I have no idea about US import regulations.

I can say in my experience, of the major courier companies, as posted above by lowbee, UPS is generally the 'worst' with brokerage fees. FedEx and DHL are much more reasonable. You can't run from the taxes.

I understand shipping runs about 40 GBP.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:56 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 244 Posts

The group buy discount is a flat rate of US$60.00 off per system. Shipping via DHL Express is INCLUDED, but taxes and customs duty and brokerage will be the responsibility of the buyer.
.......I understand shipping runs about 40 GBP.

Hum....your 1st post said shipping is included....so what's this 40 GBP ? I am confused

-
Old 02-13-2017, 11:28 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Shipping is included. Dporto asked what the shipping cost was as part of the overall cost, or at least that was my understanding of his question. I understand that the shipping cost is about 40 GBP but when we buy through Phoenix, we won't be exposed to that.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:01 AM
vern1
Drifting

Received 134 Likes on 82 Posts

But who makes the actual cat? This is the most important part and the only part really prone to any potential failure. One of the reason I went with AWE is that the cats are HJS made in Germany with a long reliability history. There are stories of cheap cats having piece break up/off. I couldn't find it on their website but would be good to know where the cats come from before plopping down your cash (if that makes any difference to your purchasing decision is up to you of course)

I went with the cat pipes vs the cross pipe for 2 reasons. One, no loss of low end torque and two, a lower pitched sound than the xpipe, which I prefer. I also added x51 headers to the gundo's I already had. If you want an aggressive sound this is the way to go!!

And I do not believe these will pass CA smog. My brother in LA tried to purchase my cats for me to save on shipping but they wouldn't even sell them to him as they are "illegal" in CA. They were happy to sell them to me as I was out of state

Cheers
Old 02-14-2017, 11:09 AM
troymichaud
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In for 996 cat pipes
Old 02-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,552 Likes on 4,167 Posts

Some answers to a few questions I read in this thread.

I don't know about UK shipments, but VAT tax coming out of Germany (on RUF items I've purchased is 19%) so someones interpretation of BOT is about right.

CA cars have to pass: an emissions readiness inspection from hooking up to the OBD port, the actual pollutants test, and a visual inspection. The visual inspection is where you'll have the problem as any inspection shop can clearly tell what an OEM standard intake (airbox) and exhaust look like, when compared to an aftermarket shiny stainless one. If you live in CA you'll have to remove the aftermarket parts, install the stock parts, do the inspection, then change it back over again.

200 cell cats, if designed properly, will not throw any codes or CELs. Some 100 cell cats will and so will cat bypass pipes if not addressed somehow.

As Vern says, the cat manufacturer is pretty important and HJS is one of the best - that's who Fabspeed uses as well. I'd find this out before buying.

Good luck guys - the price is right, if the quality is good and the VAT isn't goign to eat up all of the discount you're getting.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:37 PM
Boomvang
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm interested in the 996 cat pipes as well.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:06 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

You'd best ask DHL or check with your local customs brokers. I'm Canadian, so I have no idea about US import regulations.

I can say in my experience, of the major courier companies, as posted above by lowbee, UPS is generally the 'worst' with brokerage fees. FedEx and DHL are much more reasonable. You can't run from the taxes.

I understand shipping runs about 40 GBP.
So first, I do appreciate your reply. If I understand you correctly, shipping is free (per the original post) but it "runs about 40 GBP"... uh, ok... I think I'll sit this one out, but I do wish everyone going in the best of luck. I'm anxiously usvto hear from those of you buying these how they work out, and of course what the actual cost turns out to be.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:20 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

I don't know how to be more clear. The very first post stated that shipping is included in the price. Then you asked for how much of the total price was for shipping. The response was approximately 40 GBP, but obviously that shouldn't be a concern because the total price includes shipping.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:50 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm interested in the 997 cat pipes
Old 02-18-2017, 11:20 AM
box986
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Please put me on the list for 997 X pipe cat
Old 02-18-2017, 03:29 PM
215robert
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm interested in the 997 cat pipes

Quick Reply: 996 and 997.1 Carrera naturally aspirated 200 cell cat pipe or x-pipe group buy