997.2 Tail Light Film

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 11:07 PM
AndrewNgu
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 Tail Light Film

Hey all,

Recently got a beautiful Meteor Grey 997.2 and am excited to join this forum. I've been looking for tail light film for my car, but I've only been able to find tinted or colored ones.

Does anyone produce a clear film? I know that Lamin-X makes a clear headlight film, but it seems weird that they don't make a clear tail light one for people who don't want to change the color of their tail lights.. Any input?
Old 02-06-2017, 11:36 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

you can take it to a tinter and they will put it on whatever. you dont need precut. why do you want clear on tail lite
Old 02-07-2017, 01:33 AM
AndrewNgu
5th Gear

Originally Posted by OKB
you can take it to a tinter and they will put it on whatever. you dont need precut. why do you want clear on tail lite
just for protective reasons, somehow one of my lights got a scuff or white paint transfer in the past, I had to basically buff it out. I'm not sure how it was even possible due to the positioning of the lights and nothing else was marked on the car.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:06 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the clear Xpel tail light film for my GTS. I also had them for my 997.2 C2S. They're perfect. Not too expensive, either, at around $70 for the kit. Good luck.

http://www.xpel.com/headlight-protec...1/Carrera_GTS/

Originally Posted by OKB
Well, one tail light on my C2S started to get milky/hazy in the reverse light area. My dealer was good enough to replace it under warranty. I then installed the Xpel film to both sides. The film, for whatever reason, seemed to preserve them a bit better, and also lent them a "more clear" look. It's hard to explain. They looked somehow glossier, if only by a bit. When I got my GTS, I installed the Xpel right away. So far, the tail lights look absolutely brand new. Anyway, my two cents.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:12 PM
AndrewNgu
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Ten Years
I have the clear Xpel tail light film for my GTS. I also had them for my 997.2 C2S. They're perfect. Not too expensive, either, at around $70 for the kit. Good luck.

http://www.xpel.com/headlight-protec...1/Carrera_GTS/

Well, one tail light on my C2S started to get milky/hazy in the reverse light area. My dealer was good enough to replace it under warranty. I then installed the Xpel film to both sides. The film, for whatever reason, seemed to preserve them a bit better, and also lent them a "more clear" look. It's hard to explain. They looked somehow glossier, if only by a bit. When I got my GTS, I installed the Xpel right away. So far, the tail lights look absolutely brand new. Anyway, my two cents.
Thank You, this is exactly what I was looking for, going to order a set soon
Old 02-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Are you anticipating sun damage to the rear lenses ?
Old 02-07-2017, 09:20 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 577 Likes on 345 Posts

i had extra 3m ppf (hood material), so i had my then-new tails covered up as well. just had the guy who was doing the install of my 3m to apply and exacto. took a few seconds.

Trending Topics

Old 02-07-2017, 09:33 PM
AndrewNgu
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Are you anticipating sun damage to the rear lenses ?
something I thought about, wanted a film for protection reasons for all preventable damages

Originally Posted by myw
i had extra 3m ppf (hood material), so i had my then-new tails covered up as well. just had the guy who was doing the install of my 3m to apply and exacto. took a few seconds.
awesome, thanks

Quick Reply: 997.2 Tail Light Film