Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would You let some one else Drive on track?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017 | 02:16 PM
Cloudspin
Rennlist Member

Yes, depending on the "pro". Over the years, I've had Randy Pobst, Pete Argetsinger, Chris Hall, Jon Miller, Matt Bell and Kevin Wheeler drive whichever of the four 911s I had at the time at Sebring, Homestead-Miami, PBIR and Daytona track days. All are experienced full time racing professionals except Kevin who owns a local Porsche race shop. While he's not a full time racer, he has co-driven a customer's air cooled 911 built at his shop to the last two HSR season championships in their class so he's obviously got chops.

I enlisted them though and in all cases they were either coaching me that day or assisting me with setup. I wish I was good enough to be able to clearly communicate what my car is doing on track to a mechanic so he could adjust suspension settings but I definitely am not. I'm sure the laps they did wore my brakes and tires at a faster rate than I would have but the feedback they provided was worth it to me. Not sure what benefit, if any, the OP will reap from loaning his car so my experiences may not be germane. Also, don't know what he knows about the "pro's" experience level. That would be important to me in making the decision.

P.S. - I also swap cars occasionally with friends whose driving abilities I know well at Chin and HOD events.

Last edited by Cloudspin; 01-24-2017 at 02:20 PM. Reason: added post script

Quick Reply: Would You let some one else Drive on track?