Experience center?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 07:23 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,552 Likes on 4,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
I just want to take a GT3 around the track. The Atlanta Experience Center is on my list this year for sure - easy 5 hour drive from me.
I'm only a couple hours away and haven't been yet. Almost went with my pca chapter and the pcar touring group, but had to go out of town for business both times - kind of need to keep the job that allows for the addiction. Anyway, let me know when you're going and maybe we can meet up finally.

Pete
Old 01-23-2017, 04:01 AM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey @rodH - I went a couple weeks ago (PECLA) I went I think on a Thursday or Friday. It's free and a hoot. Even if you don't drive the cars.

I had lunch at 917 - no reservations, they just walked me right up there and I had a great burger & PEC margarita - then went out on the observation deck and watched folks having a blast on the different track modules.

The little boutique is great, lots of cool stuff and a cafe at the back. The museum/showroom/lounge is cool to hang and look at cars and the Motorsport shop is right there too, so you see some race cars in different states.

The SIM room is like $35 for a half hour or $60 I think for an hour, and all in all well worth the trip.

Everyone on staff that I met was friendly, welcoming and smiley. Could only stay for an hour or two as I was driving back to the Bay Area and needed to get ahead of the traffic.

They do recommend reservations if you plan to visit on a weekend, but it was easy and spacious when I rolled up on a week day.

Dan

No photos attached because it's great to just go in and soak it all up in person.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:07 PM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday this weekend (BD is mid February) and I came up with a day at the Experience Center and a night in ATL. We're about 4 hours away.

Trying to decided between the mid vs rear engine module($550) or the GT3 module ($800). These 1.5 hour sessions get pretty expensive getting to $1k for the GT3/GT3RS experience and more with a required added damage waiver.

I'll definitely check to make sure the restaurant and museum are open when we go.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:38 PM
tanger
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

FYI, depending on how busy they are there may be the opportunity to customize a module. When I went last Feb, I was able to do a GT3/GT4 combo (they took the Turbo vs GT3 experience price and just swapped out the Turbo for the GT4). Worth asking...

Quick Reply: Experience center?