Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 10:33 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by motopix

Enhance. Enhance. Enhance.

@nwGTS Don't dox me bro!
Next thing you know SWAT's at your door!
Old 07-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 58 Posts

Just curious, how do you know 50 is the first number on the dial? The lower section is hidden behind the steering wheel. The pic you 'enhanced' shows the 50 just south of o'clock and the example you provided shows the 50 mph sitting just a bit north of 9 o'clock, so there's that. But maybe it's not drastic and can be due to model year differences. Also, the 50 kpm one you provided looks further south than the one in you 'enhanced' photo...
This whole thing is pretty silly and it's sad that so many people are wasting so much time on it.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:32 AM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack667
Just curious, how do you know 50 is the first number on the dial? The lower section is hidden behind the steering wheel. The pic you 'enhanced' shows the 50 just south of o'clock and the example you provided shows the 50 mph sitting just a bit north of 9 o'clock, so there's that. But maybe it's not drastic and can be due to model year differences. Also, the 50 kpm one you provided looks further south than the one in you 'enhanced' photo...
This whole thing is pretty silly and it's sad that so many people are wasting so much time on it.
You can tell relative to the angle of the needle. NwGTS is correct, it is a metric gauge given where the 50 is located.

This is incredibly silly. Easy summary is the product looks like garbage. Everything else is almost amusing...
Old 07-10-2017, 01:11 PM
WeooHuh
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-10-2017, 01:45 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack667
You could estimate where the 50 is relative to the needle but I don't know 50 is the first number. In the end that doesn't matter since there is an orange ticker which indicates it is kph.

And no one is wasting time calling out bad business when they see it, because that means good business can thrive in its place which is a better environment for everyone. And I praise good business here on Rennlist all the time. You are welcome to stick your head in the sand. And I don't know renncayman is associated with climarepair and agree it doesn't really matter. I will call out questionable statements when it's obvious, because somebody should rather than nobody and I might as well be that somebody.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:16 PM
otuA
Advanced

Originally Posted by renncayman
Again, DOUBLE FACEPALM!

The only pictures I TOOK were these:

Note this car has no sport chrono, nor it has Extended leather. The other picture was taken from climarepair's website and I just post it here for credit! Note the this car has extended leather and sport chrono.

so yes, not only double but TRIPLE FACEPALM!
This thread is hilarious, and I know it is very easy to be a conspiracy theorist, but in this case there is a very simple way for renncayman to clear their name.

renncayman, all you need to do is post a photo in your neighbor's car with "renncayman" scribbled on a piece of paper visible in frame, along with the mph gauges. If you want to be extra clear you should include exterior photos of this car and it's California plates, and/or with any part of the California Bay Area in the background. It could still technically be faked, like anything, but it would be enough to convince me in this case.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Evilfrog
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Wow it looks like it's made of wood 😂
I build things out of wood. I can tell you, if I were to make wooden replacement switches, they would look MUCH better than these.

They would also cost a lot more than $99. So there is that.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:14 PM
fuego
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Lvt19672
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

You guys are killing me
Old 07-12-2017, 05:32 PM
BionicTulip
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Without removing the panel or buttons, I cleaned the buttons off with 91% rubbing alcohol and terry cloth rag, down to white. I used a $6 Testor's Flat Black model paint pen and painted the surfaces. I'll go back and do a bit of touch-up work this week (there are a couple of spots I missed on the first coat). But these are the results:

Climate buttons cleaned and painted with model paint pen.

Items used in the project: 91% rubbing alcohol, terry cloth, Testor's flat black model paint pen.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:50 PM
SLVRon
Advanced

Originally Posted by BionicTulip
Without removing the panel or buttons, I cleaned the buttons off with 91% rubbing alcohol and terry cloth rag, down to white. I used a $6 Testor's Flat Black model paint pen and painted the surfaces.

Items used in the project: 91% rubbing alcohol, terry cloth, Testor's flat black model paint pen.
Looks pretty clean, but why the flat black option? Is there a gloss option perhaps to more closely match the other buttons?

Not meaning to nit pick too much, but you know what we're like here
Old 07-13-2017, 01:11 PM
BionicTulip
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLVRon
Looks pretty clean, but why the flat black option? Is there a gloss option perhaps to more closely match the other buttons?

Not meaning to nit pick too much, but you know what we're like here
Nit-picking is what we do, brother. Pick away.

They have Gloss black and Flat in the pen. They also have a Semi-Gloss in the bottle (you'll need a fine artist's brush to apply it), which I think might be a good happy medium. I think Gloss would be way too shiny.

I wish they had a Satin finish option, which I think would be just about perfect.

The matte-gloss difference between the fixed buttons and the stock ones is exaggerated in this photo by the light. In the car, it's not so apparent. I'll probably leave it flat for a year and then decide whether to repaint with semi-gloss.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:22 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

They have Gloss black and Flat in the pen. They also have a Semi-Gloss in the bottle (you'll need a fine artist's brush to apply it), which I think might be a good happy medium. I think Gloss would be way too shiny.

I wish they had a Satin finish option, which I think would be just about perfect.

The matte-gloss difference between the fixed buttons and the stock ones is exaggerated in this photo by the light. In the car, it's not so apparent. I'll probably leave it flat for a year and then decide whether to repaint with semi-gloss.
You should sell that pen and an instruction booklet on here for $100.

Would be a better deal imho than what renncayman is pushing.

Nicely done.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:27 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
You should sell that pen and an instruction booklet on here for $100.

Would be a better deal imho than what renncayman is pushing.

Nicely done.
Lmao , priceless
Old 07-13-2017, 02:58 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

I actually think gloss may work... can't it be tested on something else first (or perhaps they have examples / samples).

Quick Reply: Damned AC buttons-- a fix???